You are Here:
deck value

Author (Read 4626 times)

deck value
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so i have recently started collecting and i dont want to buy 2 of every deck, one for me to use one for my collection. does opening the deck greatly lower the value?
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: deck value
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yes, opening the deck does decrease the value. But if you are a collector, value doesn't have to matter to you. Its your collection. My collection:  I pretty much always have multiples of each deck I buy.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok well what i am trying to keep in mind is one day in the future i might have to sell my collection. but ok i might just get as many as i can when i can.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If you plan on selling it not many people are going to want opened decks

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »

Fishie23

• Newcomer
Yea,opening a deck lowers value by a pretty good amount really, Its a lot harder to sell when there opened.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:19:45 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well only reason is that i know that unless I am very lucky there will be a time in my life that for one reason or another I will have to sell my collection (i have heard that a lot from people who collect things.) Should I buy 2 of every deck then? or if it is in good condition is it fine? I like to play with the deck a bit before putting it in the collection box.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:22:38 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I can remember getting my first Gold Arcane deck, first thing I did was open it. I don't see the point of owning something so beautiful and not being able to fully appreciate it by holding it in your hands, that's what they are designed for after all. Having said that I usually buy at least two of each deck one to open and one to keep sealed.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »

Fishie23

• Newcomer
It really depends on how much you want to spend. If you want to resell later you could buy one and not open it..If you want to spend a little more and play with the cards then I would buy two although this can get expensive. You could just get one and use it but reselling later will be tougher and you will get less money even if there in good condition.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:23:25 PM by Fishie23 »

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
All non vintage decks literally lose all of their value once the cellophane is taken off. There are a few exceptions like the Smoke and Mirror V1's but even then, they are now worth much less than they would be if they remained unopened. My advise to you is to collect the way you want to collect. Unless you manage to get your hands on a lot of decks that that happen to be extremely valuable, like Jerry's, or invest mountains of cash into cards, you most likely will not make much money selling your collection. Just collect for you and if you like using decks, then use them; if you like having them sealed, then do that, its a personal preference.....so don't worry too much about value.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok thank you for the advice. its nice to here from multiple people :) also thanks curt, your answer always seem as if you took a long time to choose the right way to say it. :)

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:31:58 PM »

Fishie23

• Newcomer
Ya im tempted to open my gold arcane but....I can't :P

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
ok thank you for the advice. its nice to here from multiple people :) also thanks curt, your answer always seem as if you took a long time to choose the right way to say it. :)

Your most welcome, and thanks for the kind words. I do indeed try to put as much thought as I can into most of my posts, especially responses to questions people have, glad you appreciate it. :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:33:12 PM by Curt »

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
I have taken advantage of Ellutioneist's so I have one gold arcane that I unwrapped and it is definitely worth the moment no matter what it does to the value of the deck, pictures really don't do the deck justice.

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »

vmagic

Another thing to consider is how many decks you might end up with. Myself i've got over 300 decks now, almost all opened, if I bought 2 of everything I would have well over 600 decks now. Do I have room for that many or the money to buy that money, no way. Sure sometimes I buy more than one if I plan on selling it later or using it for a contest, but other than that I generally buy one of each and that's good enough for me. To me there's not much point in spending money on decks to only have to sit there collecting dust. And with all the decks I have and will continue to get they will likely all stay in relatively good condition for a long time.

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 11:50:48 PM »

TheBicycleGuardian

• Newcomer
Since I don't have a ton of money to spend on cards, I only buy one of each deck unless I know that I'm going to be using the deck more often because it's really good. For example, I only bought one shadow masters deck because although it's really great, its not a deck I would want to bring to school to perform with. On the other hand, I bought two decks of the bicycle dragonbacks (red) because I knew they were good after getting my first one and I wanted a backup in case my original one (the one I use at school) ever gets damaged or wears out. See, you just have to buy two of a deck if you know that you'll be using it more often. The exception? The Vortex Deck. I bought two and then my sister bought two for me. I shall be receiving four. Yay.

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:56:50 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Since I don't have a ton of money to spend on cards, I only buy one of each deck unless I know that I'm going to be using the deck more often because it's really good. For example, I only bought one shadow masters deck because although it's really great, its not a deck I would want to bring to school to perform with. On the other hand, I bought two decks of the bicycle dragonbacks (red) because I knew they were good after getting my first one and I wanted a backup in case my original one (the one I use at school) ever gets damaged or wears out. See, you just have to buy two of a deck if you know that you'll be using it more often. The exception? The Vortex Deck. I bought two and then my sister bought two for me. I shall be receiving four. Yay.

lucky wish mine would buy me some lol , yea it makes since. i think with decks i know will be worth a lot in the long run as in more collectible i will get more other then that i will only get one. also i am still trying to find the best place to buy them, i might get them from the producer but i dont always get the chance.

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm a new collector also. I'm buying 1 deck each and open it cause, I don't have plan to resell it. And there is no point of keeping to the seal in the cupboard but you can't touch them. The value of the deck remains same to the opener I believe. As long as it is with the opener, the deck is not second hand deck.

I will buy decks more than 1 only if I want to use them till they get old.

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 10:25:55 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
For me i normally have 1 for myself and 1 for my collection but if the deck is rare i will try to get as much as possible and sell them after they get rare..some think it buy to earn profit by this but i ok into this idea .. since i do not have a income so this is the only way for me to get more decks :D