I can't wait for the release!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Anti-KS : Encarded Zenith
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

EPCC uses a Taiwanese factory and not one in Shanghai.  I just got a quote from him myself in the past few days and I'll have to say that the pricing is extraordinary.  They will be used in a future project that I'm working on now, and as Paul has noted - it's realistic to do a 1000 deck run without going to deep and anything over 2500 is looking like a price of 55-60% of what you would be paying for the same thing from USPCC with embossed & foiled tucks, metallic inks and custom seals coming in at a price that makes most people that have gotten quotes recently from USPCC using the "tuck case provider" cry.

It is true they used a Shanghai printer in the past.  It's uncertain to me whether Bill Kalush will continue to use that printer going forward - he was personally pleased with the outcome of the Global Titans from the Shanghai plant and mentioned to me once that a few prominent card men agreed with him.  At the very least, the demand is significantly greater from designers wishing to have their work done at the Taiwan factory; there's no denying the Taiwanese plant puts out some of the best decks available today at a very competitive price when compared to USPC and with a lot fewer hoops to jump through.

Simply put, that Taiwan printer is lightning in a bottle for him and Expert PCC.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:02:59 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Very Nice Paul! I'm looking forward to this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:58:24 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm so curious about this.
Exquisite decks handle very, very well. But in matter of design they're not very special.
But knowing your previous work, wich is amazing, I'm looking forward to see this deck.
An Encarded deck wich has an even better feel than the Exquisite? A must have, even before knowing the final work.
Continue your work as fast as you can and don't forget to notify your previous costumers.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:01:55 PM by ruicorreia »
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Don't worry, I will be sure to make it clear via all the social media and the mailing list when things will be available. They are on their way...

I've been playing with my sample and I think they came out really well. Quite different from all my other projects, as you would probably expect. Doing only 1,000 was a somewhat difficult choice, but as a first EPCC experiment, and one that I'm not looking for outside funding for, I wanted to make sure it was all doable. Fancy features, custom seals, numbering, etc still adds up. :)

I think folks will like the end result.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 04:13:23 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Don't worry, I will be sure to make it clear via all the social media and the mailing list when things will be available. They are on their way...

I think folks will like the end result.
Paul are we talking "on the way ocean freight" I assume?  Darn these are going to be a game-changer, IMHO!
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2014, 10:11:38 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
Via Facebook:

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Wow! Very unique! Yet another must-have deck!

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »

tyl3r

Ooooh, fancy! Digging the tuckbox for sure! Looking forward to seeing more and a release!

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Ooooooh...shiny...

Looks pretty good so far - now, about the contents....  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
Ooooooh...shiny...

Looks pretty good so far - now, about the contents....  :))

Via Encarded's Facebook/Instagram:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:53:25 AM by Sher143 »

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Per Facebook: Coming in April. Only 1000.

These look fantastic, Paul.  Can't wait.

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Via Facebook:

Is that a side opening tuck?

Another great simple complex design by Paul Carpenter
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'll be sharing more as we get to the release. After all, I have to stretch it out for the boat voyage from the other side of the world. :)

But, yes it is a side opening tuck. It is printed by EPCC. There will be 1,000 decks, each with a numbered seal and cello. Realistically I will have to keep some, so less than 1,000 will be available. Zenith will only be available in my store.

I've had a sample for a week or so now and they came out very nicely. The design, as I tend to do, mixes a number of familiar things in quite a different way. The printing is perfect, smooth edges on the deck, the box has really thick black paper, and the foil is just super, being simultaneously plain silver and a riotous rainbow depending how you hold it. I printed a very small number as my first experiment with EPCC but they did an amazing job.
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Simply amazing, Paul!  I'll just say that it's a perfect example of how @ExpertPCC is going to be a game-changer.  My first take is that it's just a fabulous design, even if it were traditional and not side-opening tuck, but that goes without saying for anything you've ever done.  Here's to the first real test of how they are received by the true Bike fanatics.  I don't see how anyone can say anything but "wow!"...
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Yep, it's a keeper Paul!

Beautiful work as usual, can't wait...............have you notified your service provider of the date and time so they can beef up the server capabilities for this?  ;)

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yep, it's a keeper Paul!

Beautiful work as usual, can't wait...............have you notified your service provider of the date and time so they can beef up the server capabilities for this?  ;)

Haha. I doubt this can take down Shopify but you never know.  I'll do some research on how many concurrent transaction a store can maintain.  ;)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:04 PM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Via Facebook:

Is that a side opening tuck?

Another great simple complex design by Paul Carpenter
Man, that tuck box is amazing!
I know you said you are going to post the release date on all forms of social media and the forum.  Does that also mean you are going to send emails to your previous kickstarter backers because I know these are going to go like hot cakes and I defiantly want to get me a few!
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Coming Soon to Kickstarter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl
Kickstarter: Wild West Coming Soon 2016

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Man, that tuck box is amazing!
I know you said you are going to post the release date on all forms of social media and the forum.  Does that also mean you are going to send emails to your previous kickstarter backers because I know these are going to go like hot cakes and I defiantly want to get me a few!

Yes, an email will go out to my complete list, which includes all my kickstarter backers (unless you specifically removed yourself from the mailing list, but that would be silly, right?)  :P
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So I get a personal e-mail 10 mins early for sending good chi your way right? :) I always love your work, you my current favorite designer. I feel I have to get one of these.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Paul, can you release this at 12:01edt(did I get that right Don?  :) ).  That way I can guarantee to be online, or can you go ahead and take my credit card info down, and put me down for 2.  :D
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2014, 03:23:53 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Holy cow...please release it after 5th April and before 12th, because that's the only time i can be guaranteed internet access wherever i go. (Overseas on the rest of the month)

Paul, can you release this at 12:01edt(did I get that right Don?  :) ).  That way I can guarantee to be online, or can you go ahead and take my credit card info down, and put me down for 2.  :D

If not, i could also give you my card details for 2 decks as well.  :P Pretty soon, Paul might have a whole list of cards he can choose from.

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I obviously have very few, in a relative sense, to sell this time around. Historically my projects have gone through 1,000 decks quite rapidly so I do understand it will probably be a little harder to get one of these.

To make that easier for more people, I was going to do the release in a few batches. Perhaps 500 at the start, and when those sell, open another batch at another time so that people in other timezones don't have to be up at 3am.

I actually do want feedback on one thing I was considering. Do you think that with a limited release like this, any single order should be limited to purchasing a certain (small) number? Limit it to 6? Zenith isn't a $5 deck so I don't expect everyone to want a brick, but I do want to give as many people as possible the chance to get some. I don't want someone with big pockets to come in, buy 72 and then sell them all on ebay. Thoughts?

Paul Carpenter

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Putting a limit on single purchases sounds great if you want to give everyone a chance. You are right also that it will be pricey and most people might just buy 2 or 3 at most.  Putting a limit at 4 decks per person sounds more than reasonable to me. What do other folks think?

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Putting a limit does sound great. Anything between 3-6 decks. But how will u limit to? Would it be per order? per household? Per email address? Per credit/debit card?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)