LANCE MILLER DECKS - Official Company Topic

Author (Read 1535 times)

LANCE MILLER DECKS - Official Company Topic
« on: February 24, 2015, 12:12:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Fellow PCF members, you know him, you love him, give a warm welcome to the newest PCF Agent, Lance Miller Decks!

[applause time=1m]
[/applause]

:))

Lance Miller Decks has some big projects on the horizon, so keep an eye out here for the latest news.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: LANCE MILLER DECKS - Official Company Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome Lance!

I met Lance at the 52+ Joker convention last year. Really nice guy. We talked briefly about some of his projects, but he really wouldn't/ couldn't divulge too much. I know he has several projects going, so I'm excited to see what he has planned. 
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hello,

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for having me. This will be my official topics thread moving forward, but for right now I am inviting you to partake in an exclusive access program called "Lance's List". It's my newsletter that I will be running from now on and yes, it is very worthwhile.

Lance's List members become immediate VIP's with private access to news about my projects, a direct line of communication with me, and I'll be adding in some awesome goodies for those that sign up early.

Click This ---------------> Join Lance's List! <--------------- Click This

Join now, and spread the word, because I'll be setting apart all of the early access folks in a special category ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Welcome Lance!

I met Lance at the 52+ Joker convention last year. Really nice guy. We talked briefly about some of his projects, but he really wouldn't/ couldn't divulge too much. I know he has several projects going, so I'm excited to see what he has planned.

Thanks Rob! Was great meeting you. :D Will you be at this year's 52+ Joker convention?

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 12:55:34 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
I'm just putting in a plug for Lance's beautiful Fox Targets deck, a recent release from Murphy's Magic.

It's a deck about the outdoors and adventure.  And the card-backs look especially classy!

I'm especially curious to learn more about the mysterious puzzle that Lance has built into the deck - in an interview he's said this about it: "I won’t be upset if people don’t figure it out right away or ever for that matter. I wanted to create something that would last throughout time; that people might pick up 25 years from now and still be trying to solve. There are clues buried throughout all of the artwork and the entire deck itself is the puzzle. I almost hope no one ever solves it and that it brings many years of adventure to those endeavor to work on it.

Lance gave a couple of other clues in a video here where he discussed the Fox Targets deck, where he said something to this effect: "Every single card has a story.  Every story makes a greater story.  I want to challenge you to see if anyone catches it.  I gave so many clues, and it's not about me or any individual in particular.  But it's about the deck, and the entire deck is a family - I will give you that!"

I'm still coming up with a complete blank in solving this puzzle, but it's a stunning deck with lots of lovely symbolism, and the custom pips are very stylish and elegant as well.  To learn more about the Fox Targets, see the detailed pictorial review of this deck in my article here:

http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=10823
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=