You are Here:
LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic

Author (Read 38011 times)

Re: LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »

shadowkat

• True Member
I heard a rumor that there was a PDF explaining all the mentalism goodies that are hidden in the Gnostic deck.  Do you know of this, or if it will be available with a purchase of the decks from Conjuring Arts?  Thank you for your time. 

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Yep. The guide is available from the designer's site  http://www.stuartpalm.com/. There is a "secret" store that can be found in his shop. Entrance requires a password and the hint is "what is the thirteenth step?" 
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Yep. The guide is available from the designer's site  http://www.stuartpalm.com/. There is a "secret" store that can be found in his shop. Entrance requires a password and the hint is "what is the thirteenth step?"

The password isn't too hard with a bit of a bit of research. The ebook for Gnostic Deck guide is 30$. I didn't buy it, but I find it fair with other magic books out there and especially with the work that went into it. It's cool that the Gnostic has these hidden stuff and what not making it not just a straight semi-custom deck. There's also force, invisible and a "T.O.D." Gnostic deck.

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 01:41:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The password isn't too hard with a bit of a bit of research. The ebook for Gnostic Deck guide is 30$. I didn't buy it, but I find it fair with other magic books out there and especially with the work that went into it. It's cool that the Gnostic has these hidden stuff and what not making it not just a straight semi-custom deck. There's also force, invisible and a "T.O.D." Gnostic deck.

Research, sure - but where to look?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

I just leaned forward and looked on my coffee table.   :)

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

I guess the clue is "13th steps" and mentalism, which is implied since that's part of Stuart's magic.

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

shadowkat

• True Member
Thanks everyone.  I have figured out the password and have entered the Mystery Shop.   ;)

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thanks everyone.  I have figured out the password and have entered the Mystery Shop.   ;)

I finally got it as well!

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
The 3 deck collection we call the Gnostic Trinity will (finally) go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EDT at conjuringarts.org.
Conjuring Arts will be the only place you can get all three decks because we commissioned the third, red deck. In addition to that we also limited the edition to 1000 and put a numbered seal on each deck.

These are great decks from Legends Playing Card Co and have some new features. The most original new feature is that the interior of the tuck is gold foil. Beyond the shear beauty of this it can also act as a shiner (for those who know what that is). We will leave it to those who purchase them to find the other major features.

Another interesting note is that the back design features two colors and very thin borders. This combination has the excellent effect of making the cards handle extremely well.

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
These are great decks from Legends Playing Card Co and have some new features. The most original new feature is that the interior of the tuck is gold foil. Beyond the shear beauty of this it can also act as a shiner (for those who know what that is). We will leave it to those who purchase them to find the other major features.

That's PERFECT! I've contemplated getting a shiner ring, but I always thought they were too conspicuous, since I never wear rings. A hyper reflective tuck interior is the best incognito substitute thus far!

I'm definitely picking up a few.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

That's PERFECT! I've contemplated getting a shiner ring, but I always thought they were too conspicuous, since I never wear rings. A hyper reflective tuck interior is the best incognito substitute thus far!

Using a ring lets you glance at your hands as you deal, depending on how you plan to use it the tuck might prove a tad more conspicuous.
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Using a ring lets you glance at your hands as you deal, depending on how you plan to use it the tuck might prove a tad more conspicuous.

If you angle the tuck flap towards you and keep it about a foot away, it'll be much less conspicuous than a ring. You could just flash the top card while adjusting the deck toward the box, and no one would really process it.

I (personally) find that accessories cause suspicion. I've even had people ask if they can inspect my tie while busking.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Conjuring Arts is releasing the latest Legends on Wednesday at 1pm.
Lawrence Sullivan and Mark Stutzman have created a beautiful new series of 3 decks called Egyptian Legends.
The series consists of a Blue/Silver (metallic), Black/Gold (metallic) and Red backs. The faces also have metallic ink in their design.
The tucks for the Egyptians are really outstanding and include a die cut showing off part of the back design, gold foiling on the exterior and the entire interior and also 3D embossing that is really amazing.

The decks will be available singly at MSRP of $8.95 plus postage.
And due to popular request Conjuring Arts is also offering the decks in a
3 pack for $26.85 postpaid in the US
6 pack for $49.95 postpaid in the US
12 pack for $89.95 postpaid in the US

Move fast, because Legends sell out fast and when these are gone we will not be getting more.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:32:46 PM by WKalush »

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Conjuring Arts is releasing the latest Legends on Wednesday at 1pm.
Lawrence Sullivan and Mark Stutzman have created a beautiful new series of 3 decks called Egyptian Legends.
The series consists of a Blue/Silver (metallic), Black/Gold (metallic) and Red backs. The faces also have metallic ink in their design.
The tucks for the Egyptians are really outstanding and include a die cut showing off part of the back design, gold foiling on the exterior and the entire interior and also 3D embossing that is really amazing.

The decks will be available singly at MSRP of $8.95 plus postage.
And due to popular request Conjuring Arts is also offering the decks in a
3 pack for $26.85 postpaid in the US
6 pack for $49.95 postpaid in the US
12 pack for $89.95 postpaid in the US

Move fast, because Legends sell out fast and when these are gone we will not be getting more.

That's brilliant news, 1pm what timezone though? EDT? CDT? And Wednesday as in tomorrow, 27th?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

That's brilliant news, 1pm what timezone though? EDT? CDT? And Wednesday as in tomorrow, 27th?

Ha Ha, details details.
Yes tomorrow the 27th at 1pm EDT. Sorry for that!

bk

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
These Legends #202 series looks absolutely incredible!

Everything from the detail and foil on the tuckbox, to the back design, to the recolouring of the traditional court cards is amazing.

Does anyone know what the print run is for each colour?

The V2 Legends had an extremely short print run...

Cheers.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:00 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer
  • Legends Playing Card Co.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you for all the kind words regarding the Gnostic and Legends #202 Egyptian Edition decks.

We worked very hard with our Taiwan factory over the past year to ensure this was the best packaging they have produced to date, and we think it really shows with the Gnostic two-tone foil and the Egyptian 3D embossing / foil, which we have never seen done on tuck case. The cold-foiling interiors are also very special, and we now can offer it to customers with larger orders over 4,000 decks. There are many more features and secrets these decks hold, which we will reveal over time.

LPCC can now fulfil orders from Hong Kong for our customers. This saves you shipment costs, time, and the hassle of shipping our orders yourself. Our rates are very reasonable for shipping worldwide, around $4-6 for one deck, anywhere in the world. We can now handle your entire deck project from artwork, production, to fulfilment; the complete package.

To answer some questions; only 3,202 per color of the Egyptian Legends were printed, with less available for sale. Around 1k went to CARC, and the bulk will be sold at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

Sign up to our newsletter to be informed about new projects, and you can always shop at our online store if you want to sample some of our decks. Thank you for supporting LPCC and helping us create the highest quality and most innovative playing cards in the world!

--
Legends Playing Card Co. Ltd.
www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 02:22:08 AM »

doubledouble

• True Member
is the card stock for the LUXX playing cards different than the egyptian legends? they are both diamond finish but when i riffle the LUXX cards the cards feel a little thinner somehow.

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
What is going to be done about the marking errors (and other TBD errors) in the Egyptian deck?  Will there be a reprint with proper quality control?  Any discounts for purchasers of the flawed decks?

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »

doubledouble

• True Member
^ yeah, I have three bricks of these cards cause i was such a fan of the design :/

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer
  • Legends Playing Card Co.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
What is going to be done about the marking errors (and other TBD errors) in the Egyptian deck?  Will there be a reprint with proper quality control?  Any discounts for purchasers of the flawed decks?

Dear Nate,

This deck has not been sold or advertised as having any sort of marking system whatsoever, nor do we say they are regulation decks for gaming. These are decks for collectors and card enthusiasts who appreciate quality and exquisite artwork and packaging.

We feel the #202 Egyptian Edition of Legends are a hallmark in printing and packaging design. You are free to disagree, and if you don't like your Egyptian Legends decks for any reason, we will gladly refund your order!

Thank you and stay in touch for some very special releases coming soon!
--
Legends Playing Card Co. Ltd.
www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Something to do with the "Slithering your way very soon." comment the other day?  :-\

Legends Playing Card Co.

New Joker.

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Are there multiple versions of the Sharps decks? I see them named 'Sharps' and also see 'Private Reserve' used for the Sharps decks as well, are these all the same deck, or have there been different versions between pre-releases and other available decks of Sharps?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Good Morning... What an epic email I got this morning.

Check your emails people!!

Thank You LS.

*Update: Out of Stock

I would have been so disappointed had I missed out on these.  My email was 7 hours old by the time I saw it. :))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:26:19 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 11:38:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Are there multiple versions of the Sharps decks? I see them named 'Sharps' and also see 'Private Reserve' used for the Sharps decks as well, are these all the same deck, or have there been different versions between pre-releases and other available decks of Sharps?

I'm pretty sure the full title is "Sharps Private Reserve".