• "Simul iustus et peccator"
​Title: Triple C
Creator: Christian Engblom
Publisher:
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Video Run time: 1 hour

Type of effect:  Gimmick deck

Manufacturer's Write Up: 1/3 the fat but all the awesomeness, Christian Engblom (1/3 of the Fat Brothers) is now sharing his most prized SECRET... a secret that he has kept for 24 years.  It's that good.

Stop manipulating the cards. Start manipulating the audience.  Triple C, the CLEANEST way to control a card or several cards.  So clean -- there is even a hands-off version.

Imagine letting the SPECTATOR shuffle the cards under test conditions. After a FREE selection, the spectator's FRIEND proceeds to read the SPECTATOR'S MIND correctly!
No prearranged stooges! The spectator becomes an instant mentalist.

Now be part of the 'inner circle,' using Triple C.  Are YOU going to fool everyone with it... or if you wait to buy it -- are YOU the one to be fooled?

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception.

What's in the box?  Deck of Bicycle cards (red or blue) / Exterior tuck case from the Expert Playing Card Company

Key points: This is NOT a Stripper Deck. This is a true utility deck that can be used as a normal deck. It can withstand close inspection.  Even magicians that KNOW it is gaffed have trouble finding it.

How are the production values: This is Christian facing the camera sitting at a table. The room is dark, he is wearing a dark shirt and his voice is echoey. There are a few close ups when you need it.

Is it well made: The deck is beautifully made from USPCC – if you tried to make this yourself, I don’t know that you could get it THIS GOOD.

Is it well taught: It’s an hour of teaching over 10 videos, you’re going to learn how to control the cards you’ll learn a name reveal and a poker trick and a few others and you’ll also get a video on the history of the deck and some final thoughts.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"  It is just a deck of cards, so… deck of cards “size.”

Does it "play big?" This deck has the chops to make you look like a master of card manipulation.

Difficulty / Skill level required:  I’ve seen a lot of back and forth on this, some have no difficulty at all, others say it takes hours of practice and THEN they get it, others I’ve read have NEVER been able to do it.

How much arts and crafts are involved? None

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Nothing that would prevent you from performing with this in the real world.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X__ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts Christian Engblom is a student of Juan Tamariz and this deck comes with Juan’s “seal of approval” that should be good enough for anyone.

Also watch the live interview with Christian Engblom here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtuadDr-TgA

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:  ​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhWF1qRtcE
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:59:51 PM by Magic_Orthodoxy »
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy