You are Here:
Unfriendly sales policies

Author (Read 934 times)

Unfriendly sales policies
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
On the first day of sales of the White Arrco Card Deck I find that they are not available, sold out.   Knowing that The Blue Crown has refused to limit quantities in sales for the first day, 

I declare that "The Blue Crown" is no friend to the individual card collector.

There is nothing illegal in selling out stock to scalpers/speculators, but it is morally reprehensible.

Re: Unfriendly sales policies
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
On the first day of sales of the White Arrco Card Deck I find that they are not available, sold out.   Knowing that The Blue Crown has refused to limit quantities in sales for the first day, 

I declare that "The Blue Crown" is no friend to the individual card collector.

There is nothing illegal in selling out stock to scalpers/speculators, but it is morally reprehensible.

A little harsh.

The Blue Crown was not the primary seller of these decks.  They only received a small quantity to sell.

You can still buy them here, they have over 2800 in stock as of this minute...
http://arrcocards.com/products/arrco-playing-cards/#

Research before you make declarations.

CBJ
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:44:37 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
I don't understand how any business can be immoral who refuses to limit their products to one person or another.  This whole reseller/scalper/etc..hating is getting old.  If you want the decks be there at the release or purchase them from a reseller or don't.  Just stop complaining! ::)

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:55 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Does it matter? They said they are reprinting these if demand is high. These are not collector's items, they are for use and for fans of the old Arrco decks.

I don't see why anyone would buy this purely for the sake of having it in their collection as a rare deck.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Pretty absurd remark haha. How is it immoral of them to do what all businesses do. They are simply selling products and people are buying them. If you want to get some of the deck do what Munro suggested and be there for the release. There are many great resellers out there if you do miss it. Plus this deck is still in stock at arrco cards (like CBJ mentioned). This is just how the market works
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:19:39 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
I've dealt with Blue Crown and found them very professional and like CBJ posted,
they are still available.

Billy.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
J, I will elaborate more on what I said. I think your anger is very understandable. Not being able to snag a limited release is by no means fun. Could Blue Crown do more to satisfy customers? Of course! They can do a lot more. I have said this before and I will say it again, at no point should a business stop trying to find new ways to please their consumers.

However, the ability to be better does not mean what they are currently doing is bad.

They handled their Black Crown release pretty well despite the hiccups. I actually ended up not being able to place an order on 24 Black Crowns because of the $700 shipping glitch. By the time the problem was fixed, the decks were sold out. Was I mad? Sure. Will I boycott BC and give them bad PR? Only if this sort of issue becomes a trend.

It's not a mistake that ruins a business or a person, it's continuing to make the same mistake.

If you want immoral business practices, spend your energy kicking Merz out of the card market. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 04:29:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Amen to that!  Merz67 has no business sitting behind a computer and trying to design a deck.  A blind man with arthritic fingers and a 60 IQ could do better!

I'm guessing jriffel didn't bother to check the ongoing thread about white Arrcos that's already running.  Y'know, the one where we all talk about how Blue Crown sold out of white Arrcos in about a half-hour, and immediately following that, arrcocards.com goes live and is still selling them...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:31:59 AM by Good@Sabacc »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/