You are Here:
how do feel after these sales on all these cards, if we call them that.

Author (Read 4479 times)

Re: how do feel after these sales on all these cards, if we call them that.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:58 AM »

munro159

• Discourse Lover
of course I didn't really cash any savings bonds....I was commenting on vmagic's idea that americans spend all of their money and don't save. sorry...it was a bad joke...Trying to entertain myself at work!!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 05:05:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
of course I didn't really cash any savings bonds....I was commenting on vmagic's idea that americans spend all of their money and don't save. sorry...it was a bad joke...Trying to entertain myself at work!!!!

Well, you had me going there...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Then again it is typical of most people, don't have money, but i'll spend it anyways! Wait, that is just like the American government and look at where they are.

You know what's really typical of most people?  Giving out nonsense advice and rhyming off vaguely political, vaguely protesting rhetoric about issues they have no idea about but read some uninformed journalist's opinion on it.  I do not believe most people spend money they don't have (including Alex, if you read his post rather than just quoted the entire thing for no reason); the burden of proving otherwise is on you.  Get some figures and maybe I'll agree with you.  As for the Government spending money they don't have, the issue is so vast and complicated that it is not possible to digest all of it without serious study and trying to boil it down into easily digestible segments is only something that hack journalists attempt to do. 

I wouldn't have jumped at your throat like this but one thing I can't stand is when people try to shoehorn their ignorant political bullshit into a completely unrelated topic.  I don't think you were accusing Alex of any kind of deceit.  I mean, what you said was very, very stupid but I'm assuming you can't help that.
Dude, just read the pork on every single bill passed in congress. Every state wanted something (millions) in order to pass the health care bill. Useless bridges to nowhere, studies on insects, the list goes on and on. I am surprised that anyone would defend all government spending and not identify billions in waste. If we spent within reason, China would not have such major impact on our economy ie: the fear they will dump our debt on the world market which would have dire effect on out economy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:52:54 PM by eggman »

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Let's not get distracted and turn this into a political discussion, we have an entire board for off-topic debates and such. Kanped wasn't defending the US spending, he was defending how silly of an analogy was made.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Was not a silly analogy by the reply, anyway, it is good to have a little brain stimulation, no harm done by either party. Besides, I hear Nancy Pelosi funded a study on the Vortex card and if it is some kind of conservative message supported by Rush Limbaugh, alright, I feel better, Let us move on.

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Was not a silly analogy by the reply, anyway, it is good to have a little brain stimulation, no harm done by either party. Besides, I hear Nancy Pelosi funded a study on the Vortex card and if it is some kind of conservative message supported by Rush Limbaugh, alright, I feel better, Let us move on.

Oy.  Thanks for shutting down this tangent, Alex.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i was not able to get anything, im hoping to save up for next year and buy a lot from these guys :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 02:05:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
i was not able to get anything, im hoping to save up for next year and buy a lot from these guys :)

Until the trend completely and utterly dies, there will always be new limited-edition decks coming out, and some of them are destined to become the next White Centurions or Gold Monarchs or Black Ghost 1st Editions or Smoke and Mirror version 1s.  So you didn't get this one - it's like subways in New York; there's always another one coming, sooner or later.

@eggman - I think you made the right choice.  Sure, you could buy rare decks and re-sell them for profit.  But what does your happy home eat in the meanwhile?  Bicycle Rider Backs, with a side of fries?  I can't imagine your wife would have looked kindly on you buying expensive playing cards and such when the household income has just been slashed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:07:23 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »

eggman

• Elite Member

Until the trend completely and utterly dies, there will always be new limited-edition decks coming out, and some of them are destined to become the next White Centurions or Gold Monarchs or Black Ghost 1st Editions or Smoke and Mirror version 1s.  So you didn't get this one - it's like subways in New York; there's always another one coming, sooner or later.

@eggman - I think you made the right choice.  Sure, you could buy rare decks and re-sell them for profit.  But what does your happy home eat in the meanwhile?  Bicycle Rider Backs, with a side of fries?  I can't imagine your wife would have looked kindly on you buying expensive playing cards and such when the household income has just been slashed.
[/quote Thanks so much for saying that, although it makes perfect sense I still have trouble sticking with my own logic.