Author (Read 51525 times)

Gold Monarchs
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone who purchased the pre-release just received this e-mail

"Congratulations! If you're receiving this message, you were one of only 111 people who are lucky enough (and fast enough!) to snatch up a pre-release deck of Monarch Playing Cards.

Wanted to send you a quick message to advise that your deck is on the way and will be arriving shortly. For some of you, it may have even arrived today - check your mail!

Some details about the deck you'll be receiving: It's the best we've ever done. Printed at The United States Playing Card Company using imported papers, metallic inks, and stunning, elegant artwork. The deck represents the pinnacle of playing card design and manufacturing today. They're the most elite playing cards ever produced.

We have a secret! The pre-release edition of Monarchs is NOT the same as the decks to be released publicly on 11/11. The pre-release you're going to receive is a GOLD edition featuring gold metallic inks on the back design. Otherwise, the decks - and the tuck case - are identical.

Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through. The gold edition will never be publicly available and is limited to only 144 in circulation. They'll never again be produced, and the only ones that exist - are yours. They are the most rare decks we have ever produced.

We ask that you keep the cards confidential until release, and help us keep the secret of what the decks look like until then. The Monarchs will be unveiled for the first time on 11/11 at 11:00am EST. Until then, enjoy your new deck! Treat it well and please let us know what you think once you receive it."

Wow.

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:42:54 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: BIG NEWS from Theory 11 re: Monarchs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Very interesting news. Caught me off guard, and now I am very pleased I was able to snap up 3 decks when I had the chance.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:56:25 PM by Curt »

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I ordered 2.

I really don't want o open either of them, but I will be curious to see the differences in the back designs.

Will you be opening one of yours??
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
If we are unable to find some pictures of others who have opened theirs, I may bite the bullet and open one up for the good of the community. I don't really want to.... but I will if people demand it. :p

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got 1 and I guess I won't be having an early review of them. I am going to keep it sealed.

EDIT EDIT:

I really want to see pictures of it! 

But its also really dumb that theres no way to tell you have a special one unless you open the deck
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:09:52 PM by Curt »

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
C'mon. My mom offered to order them on the pre-release but I told her I'd just wait until they came out to the public :(
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
C'mon. My mom offered to order them on the pre-release but I told her I'd just wait until they came out to the public :(
That sucks... Theory11 really should have told us earlier that they were special decks

Edit:

I just found this out too: 
There are only 144 in existence, and one is on its way to you now. 111 were made available for the pre-release, and 33 others were sent out to people like me for the purpose of promoting them. This is the rarest deck we have ever made. Period. You are one of the lucky ones.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:26:34 PM by Curt »

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I actually think that the lack of announcement of the rareness of the deck is a good thing. If they did announce it, I would bet there would have been a crash of their website and another big fiasco. I think they avoided a large public outcry in return for a smaller one because more people would be pissed off at another crash during a release.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
But I'm pretty sure on someone asked on their Facebook, and they said they were exactly the same.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
But I'm pretty sure on someone asked on their Facebook, and they said they were exactly the same.
I was the one that asked that. They told me they were all the same...

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I was the one that asked that. They told me they were all the same...

Exactly. That's the reason I didn't make my Mom because I didn't want her stressing over it. This is complete bull-crap.

I'm not mad at the people who got it, I'm mad at Theory11 for lying.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:53:43 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Exactly. That's the reason I didn't make my Mom because I didn't want her stressing over it. This is complete bull-crap.

I'm not mad at the people who got it, I'm mad at Theory11 for lying.
I completely understand that. I feel that they should have told us.... but I also feel that they shouldn't have... Im not sure  ???

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I completely understand that. I feel that they should have told us.... but I also feel that they shouldn't have... Im not sure  ???

But whatever, I'm trying to make an offer with Josh K on Playing Card Selling and Trading.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The do mention that the plan was to have all the backs the same, but they had to make changes following complications.

"Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through."

You are acting as if they had this planned all along and they were lying the whole time. From the email I received it sounded as if the plan was for them to all be the same as the mentioned to you, but then they had to change that. I understand that this can be upsetting to those who decided to wait for the public release, but this stuff happens in production and business all the time. It isn't that T11 had this up their sleeve the whole time.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The do mention that the plan was to have all the backs the same, but they had to make changes following complications.

"Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through."

You are acting as if they had this planned all along and they were lying the whole time. From the email I received it sounded as if the plan was for them to all be the same as the mentioned to you, but then they had to change that. I understand that this can be upsetting to those who decided to wait for the public release, but this stuff happens in production and business all the time. It isn't that T11 had this up their sleeve the whole time.

Oh really? I had no idea. That makes complete sense now. Thank you.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Also something to keep in mind. They mention in the email that 144 made it through production before the complication; HOWEVER, in the pre-release the sold 111...

This leaves them with 33 on hand. So I'm not sure what they plan to do with the extras. I would keep and eye out for contests, giveaways, ect... that theory 11 has in the future, because who knows when one of those extra 33 will pop up!

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm guessing the extra 33 will be for the employees.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm doubting they will simply give them to the employees. The fact that they mentioned a surplus of this rare deck sort of leads into the question of what will they do with them. If they were to simply give them to the employees I doubt they would have mentioned they had extra in the email.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
EZ posted this info he got.

"There are only 144 in existence, and one is on its way to you now. 111 were made available for the pre-release, and 33 others were sent out to people like me for the purpose of promoting them. This is the rarest deck we have ever made. Period. You are one of the lucky ones."
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Alrighty then haha, I guess no contests or whatnot from t11

I guess I'll just count myself as a lucky guy!

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Alrighty then haha, I guess no contests or whatnot from t11

I guess I'll just count myself as a lucky guy!

How many did you get?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I only snagged one haha but I'm lucky I managed that!  :D

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow. My mild annoyance at the major inaccuracy of their timer mechanism (which I had tweeted them about immediately and they said, more or less "oh well") is now full on major disappointment. I was so prepared for it that I have no doubt I would have been getting one of those if not for their timer not working. I had that page up hours in advance, kept it up and visible and didn't even have a chance to click the button (went straight from 0 to Sold Out) Damn, that really bums me out.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yep, I fell prey to the timer glitch as well.  I was online waiting the second they went live, too.  Wasn't too upset at the time but now... FFS.  :-[

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Kind of messed up to do that to people. Granted, I flat out forgot about the release so I don't deserve to be angry - but I can only imagine what kind of anger some may have who just flat out got cheated out of it.

I'm surprised there is no backlash on this after the hate Ellusionist had.

I don't understand why it's necessary to make people feel special and at the same time make 100x more people feel cheated. There are easy ways to sell those same decks without a "sucks to be you if you didn't get any" attitude. There are simple methods in which only those who truly deserve the cards would get them.

Oh well. To everyone that missed out - there are more opportunities out there that will come by.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think people get angry because they want one, but when the situation came like this.
They will have to pay a lot in order to have one.

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 05:50:15 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
What did it for me is that they claimed the deck uses imported papers. The USPCC still to this day claims they do NOT offer anything outside of the paper choices we all already know. Like Dan & Dave and their "recycled paper", it seems Theory11 is banking off of the misnomer. What actually -is- imported is the tuck box paper.

I'd love to be proven wrong though, because that means we have a new stock choice on the market!
Forum Founder.

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 07:21:14 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
I think the reasoning for making the 111 decks "limited" is quite dodgy. Apparently the decks had some minor imperfections and because of their ultra crazy level of quality standard that prevents them from releasing imperfect items, TH11 destroyed all those decks except for the 144. This makes no sense at all, if the quality did not meet their standards why did they sell 111 of them, I'm sure people would be willing to wait an extra day for the pre-release to allow them to fix the quality. This looks to me to be a publicity stunt more than anything else.

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 08:49:51 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I should point out that if I did manage to get one of these, I probably would have held it sealed and sold it in the new year for some obnoxiously inflated price.  Call it karma, if you like.

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:59 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well it really sucks that i over slept :( I really wish I would have goten some.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Jonathan Bayme from T11 writes...

"Hey guys,

A situation arose this afternoon with the upcoming Monarch Playing Cards, and I wanted to take the time to explain EXACTLY what happened, what decisions we made, and what steps we took to fix the problem. I saw a few posts on Facebook tonight that accused theory11 of impropriety. A conspiracy! Nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, today represented our finest hour. Please allow me the opportunity to explain.

Earlier this past week, we allowed a limited pre-release of Monarchs. The pre-release decks were intended to be exactly the same as the primary edition. The only difference was they were to be received 2 weeks before the release. A sneak peek! They sold out in 90 seconds on Monday morning - limited to 111 decks. On Monday afternoon, the team at USPCC worked quickly to package 144 decks into a box. They even had to glue some of the tuck cases by hand with a hot glue gun. But they made it happen, and we are very thankful for their help.

Our team worked quickly to ship out those pre-release decks - the lucky 111. Late Wednesday evening, I was made aware that the metallic ink on the back of the Monarchs didn't print exactly the way we wanted it to. Metallic inks are VERY difficult to print consistently on a press as robust as USPCC. The inks contain little bits of REAL metal in them, so they are difficult to print and have strange properties. We've had issues with it many times before (Smoke and Mirrors v5, Bicycle Titanium Edition, Bee Titaniums, etc).

I woke up at 6:00am this morning and spoke with USPCC after demolishing a Starbucks Doubleshot. Thousands of decks were already printed, so it was a difficult situation to resolve. What do we do? Option A is to release decks that we KNOW aren't exactly what we wanted. Option B involved re-printing a lot of decks. A LOT of decks. We opted to re-print the decks. The entire run. And ALL of the original decks, minus those 144 handmade samples, will be destroyed. Yes, that's incredibly expensive. And yes, I might be crazy. But it was the only logical decision to make once we knew that those decks were not perfect, and it was a decision I made without much hesitation. We take quality very seriously - nothing matters more to us.

As a side effect, those lucky 111 got a deck that will never be seen or produced again. That was NOT our intention, and at no time was theory11 any less than 100% honest, transparent, forthright, and sincere. Yes, we originally told you that the pre-release decks would be the same - but that was our intention and never did we anticipate any last minute production issues. Luckily, with swift action and bold moves, we were able to resolve those concerns before 11/11.

Simply put, when dealing with a large production run, things can happen outside of our control. What matters most is what we do in response. What we do to fix it. In this case, the easiest fix would have been to just let it slide - but we refused to settle for anything less than perfect. So we made the decision to tweak the design and reprint the ENTIRE run.

What you will see on 11/11 will be perfect. And well worth the wait. In seven days, you'll see for yourself. They're incredible. "

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well this didn't take long

Memito1985 posted 5 Gold Monarchs for sale on UC for $50 each.

http://www.unitedcardists.net/uc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5164

They sold in 3 hours

CBJ

EDIT:
A buy it now one for $499  LOL - 2 available
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160676490376

Or you can bid on one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160676489901&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:46:44 AM by CBJ »

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:35 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
That's crazy!
No one will pay on $499
But at that bid, it might gone till $100.

Really crazy, people are buying the $50 deck even if they never saw what it's look like.

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
That's crazy!
No one will pay on $499
But at that bid, it might gone till $100.

Really crazy, people are buying the $50 deck even if they never saw what it's look like.

HAHA, maybe the monarch deck is ugly... who knows:D

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i would find it funny if the guy destroying them keeps a few for himself. :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
This really got under my skin but it's just another deck of cards at the end of the day.
UC

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 02:57:46 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Im confused. T11 said they are reprinting the entire run. Does that mean they are all gonna be gold?

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Im confused. T11 said they are reprinting the entire run. Does that mean they are all gonna be gold?

No, I'm pretty sure they will be black. They are just reprinting all of the decks with a black ink so this doesn't happen again.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
No, I'm pretty sure they will be black. They are just reprinting all of the decks with a black ink so this doesn't happen again.
Oh ok thanks! Just wasn't sure.

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
because the y said the original intention was to make them all gold, which most likely means they aren't now.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Just to clarify something, the Gold deck has only a very minor difference, that being slight gold artwork, nothing huge, the whole back isn't gold. JB told me it's pretty much identical to the deck to released on 11/11, imagine the Vortex deck with the border line being gold, thats the best way I can compare it. JB said we'll see that the decks are pretty much exactly the same so I wouldn't be to bothered if you didn't manage to get any, afterall they weren't printed in limited quantity's say like the Red Artifice, they were printed in the thousands and many are going to be destroyed so it was never meant to be limited even though it is now. If it was an all gold back that would be a big difference but I'm pretty certain that's not the case.
UC

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 08:50:19 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I wanna see pics of those 2 version compared.
Guess I have to wait.
Anyone here who got it, please post the picture.

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

They aren't going to be black. They are going to be gold but without the metallic shimmer.

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Only a small part of the back design is gold.

Re: *** UPDATE - Taking offers ***BIG NEWS from Theory 11 re: Monarchs
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
*** UPDATE - Taking offers ***

I was lucky enough to order 2 of the pre-release decks.  If I was ever going to part with one, I would have to do it before the official release on Nov 11.

So.. here it goes...

1 - mint pre-release Monarchs (gold edition) guaranteed in your hands before Nov 11.

Either put your offer in this thread, or pm me.
I've already been offered $100 for the deck (incl shipping to US), so please... only serious offers.

This is 1 of 144.  nothing else needs to be said.

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:11:27 PM by CBJ »

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:36 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Deck is gone. An offer I couldn't pass up.

Sorry to all the people that messaged me

CBJ

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 04:35:08 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Rather than destroy these supposedly misprinted decks (read Marketing ploy) why not offer them at a reduced rate or even a buy one get a misprinted one half price offer?
People would buy them and theory11 would recoup some of it's supposed losses (if I'm honest I don't believe the rest of the run was even printed).
It would also devalue the pre released decks so resellers wouldn't be making huge profits.

Now having said that. if they'd been honest (I'm still assuming they are lying at this point and will do so until i see photographic or video evidence of the misprints being destroyed) after the pre-release sale they could have just announced something like, "Congratulations with your pre release deck you will recieved a goldplated M&M embedded through the centre of the deck making the deck totally useless but highly collectable!"
OK I know a gold plated M&M is a little rediculous but I'd still want to own one! but it could have been anything from an embossed box, a free porper clip or even, shock\horror gold metallic ink on the card backs.

I'm not disappointed that I didn't get any, but I am disappointed with Theory11 for using such a dubious marketing ploy....

I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 05:03:17 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
It's not going to be very nice for the people who have spent alot to buy them without seeing them but it's going to ammusing if the difference is a slight as they have said it is. It's very risky buying them without knowing how they look, for all we know it could be the smallest detail that's been changed. The risk with scamming is also a big problem as some have already pointed out.
UC

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 12:13:18 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Deck is gone. An offer I couldn't pass up.

Sorry to all the people that messaged me

CBJ
What was the offer?

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 02:54:49 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
What was the offer?

I'd rather not say which decks right now.

But it was a trade, not cash, for an extremely rare unreleased set (1 of 50). I will post pictures when they are in my hands.

The trade also included some insider information, exclusive not-for-sale swag, and a pre-purchase reserve spot on a collector set that is coming down the pipe.

I stopped reading all other offers after this one.

CBJ

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got my monarch deck in the mail today! Package unboxing coming soon. Pictures coming in a few minutes!

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2011, 03:48:10 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I got my monarch deck in the mail today! Package unboxing coming soon. Pictures coming in a few minutes!

You get mail on Saturdays?

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea i got a letter from alex with my FOTW prize on a saturday do you not cbj?

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
You get mail on Saturdays?
USPS comes on saturdays

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2011, 03:51:16 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Canada Post only delivers from Monday to Friday

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
show us the cards, that are suppose to have the gold ink. :)

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I really like the front of the box

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
 Im not opening them! They're too valuable to me.

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
for all you know the cards are crap. wish you would open

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2011, 03:59:27 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
for all you know the cards are crap. wish you would open
So what if they're crap? There are still only 144 of them

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2011, 04:02:43 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
As far as I know, these are the first full photos posted.. Congrats.. The Theory11 Men In Black will be kicking in your door any second!

RUN!

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Thanks for putting up pictures though!  :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

Haha, that made me laugh.... but I feel the same way.

I am really impressed with the box art, it looks exactly what I was hoping it to, based on the sneak peeks we were given.

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The back isn't as good as I thought it would be, and I hate the red seal on it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The back isn't as good as I thought it would be, and I hate the red seal on it.
The red seal looks awesome in person. And that may not be the back design

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Sorry everyone, I had posted pictures of the Monarch deck box, but Jonathan Bayme over at theory11 was not too happy about it. For those of you who got to see it, you are lucky. For those of you who didn't, you will just have to wait until Friday for the real release of them. Again, I apologize.

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2011, 04:34:05 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
What did Jonathan say to you?

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You do realize there is no legal standing that he has - you have full rights to post whatever you like.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You should of held 'em for ransom and say "Unless I get a free brick of these on release day, the photos will stay up".
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I know, but I feel bad and I feel that he would have a grudge against me if I didn't delete them.

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Here's my stand on the monarch deck pre-release. What they should of done is not destroy all of the cards, and instead give them away if you buy a brick of Monarchs, or give them away during their "Black-Friday" promotion.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

For those who missed it

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:55:00 PM by CBJ »

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

For those who missed it

CBJ
I don't see the pics...

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Can you see them now?

CBJ

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Can you see them now?

CBJ
Yea... damn people downloaded my pics fast!

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It's a shame I got screwed out of my deck, because I have no qualms about opening up the deck. Could have given some sneak peeks.

The deck looks pretty elegant with the gold, but the card faces are really what I want to see. You can really go only so far in design with just the back, so it seems to me they'd have to do something pretty special on the face side to make these as groundbreaking as they claim.
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:57 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I just got my deck today and I thought I would share my first thoughts...

The front of the box is... unbelievable. I really like the front of the box! It has an elegant medieval feel.  The front isn't overwhelming and contains the right amount of detail. Overall very classy and well done.

The custom seal is awesome as well. In the picture it looks almost orange, which doesn't really go well with the gold. In person though it looks a royal red. I think its a great seal and looks like something that would come from a seal ring (those used by royalty and political persons back in the day). Its a nice small touch to this deck, definitely good attention to detail by the artists.

The back of the deck (or the box in this case), might be one of my favorite backs ever!! The serpents, vines, and swords combine so well on this back. It's very detailed but also simple enough (as in its not overwhelming). I really haven't seen a back like this before. The border surrounding this design is also very detailed and looks great!

Overall this is an amazing looking design, kudos to the artist(s)!! If the 11/11/11 release looks the same or very similar I'm sure everybody will be very pleased with this deck!!

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I just got my deck today and I thought I would share my first thoughts...

The front of the box is... unbelievable. I really like the front of the box! It has an elegant medieval feel.  The front isn't overwhelming and contains the right amount of detail. Overall very classy and well done.

The custom seal is awesome as well. In the picture it looks almost orange, which doesn't really go well with the gold. In person though it looks a royal red. I think its a great seal and looks like something that would come from a seal ring (those used by royalty and political persons back in the day). Its a nice small touch to this deck, definitely good attention to detail by the artists.

The back of the deck (or the box in this case), might be one of my favorite backs ever!! The serpents, vines, and swords combine so well on this back. It's very detailed but also simple enough (as in its not overwhelming). I really haven't seen a back like this before. The border surrounding this design is also very detailed and looks great!

Overall this is an amazing looking design, kudos to the artist(s)!! If the 11/11/11 release looks the same or very similar I'm sure everybody will be very pleased with this deck!!
Are you going to open it?

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I think the tuck case looks very nice but I still think if they weren't hyping the deck so much I'd be more impressed, I think hyping too much can have negative effects. The red seal looks very nice but what's with theory11 and swords, they had them on the centurians, sentinels and the guardians had a spear or something on the backs and now these have a sword intergrated into the backs, not a problem but just pointing it out. Not sure if I'll pick them up on release day but I'll wait until I see the fronts first, I'm sure I'll get a couple at some point though. I have to say I'm still more excited for the Vortex deck over these.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:29:04 PM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Are you going to open it?

No, I'm not going to open it. Just because it's a "collectors" item. I understand there are many opinions on this deck, and I am not trying to fuel any fires

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
No, I'm not going to open it. Just because it's a "collectors" item. I understand there are many opinions on this deck, and I am not trying to fuel any fires

I would like to see the deck but to be honest unless I had 2 of them I wouldn't want to open it either, just check the pics out when someone else does and buy the 11/11 release and open those. I never sell decks but having them sealed and unplayed with is always nice when you only have one.
UC

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

LauR

• Elite Member
To be honest on a run this limited, even if I had 2 I would not open it. I'd just wait till the normal runs released and buy some and open those.

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
To be honest on a run this limited, even if I had 2 I would not open it. I'd just wait till the normal runs released and buy some and open those.

If I had a brick I'd keep them sealed.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ok heres my pics of the deck! Please keep theses a secret!   ;D
http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/MagicAddictz/
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:28:53 PM by ezstreet1997 »

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
This deck is absolutely beautiful. I love the box design and the gold. Very nice pictures.

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
This deck is absolutely beautiful. I love the box design and the gold. Very nice pictures.
Yea man, the gold and black contrast is awesome!

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
This is probably one of my favorite tuck boxes. The back kind of reminds me of Japan, like a Cherry Blossom Tree.

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2011, 12:05:47 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Thanks a lot.
It's very beautiful

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2011, 02:43:12 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
it says password needed :(

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
it says password needed :(

I guess he just changed.
Luckily I saw it before.
And I just noticed that the post on UC that contain pics of the deck is also deleted.

Anyway, it's very and really nice. Even if I saw just a box.

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2011, 04:03:29 AM »

whatismagic2011

• True Member

• Facebook:
I wanr one!!

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I guess he just changed.
Luckily I saw it before.
And I just noticed that the post on UC that contain pics of the deck is also deleted.

Anyway, it's very and really nice. Even if I saw just a box.

The thread is still on UC
http://www.unitedcardists.net/uc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5210

I just removed the link to the original set of pics when it became a dead link

CBJ

« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
With a name like monarch I was expecting at least some reference to kings, like a crown or a throne.

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2011, 10:11:59 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
With a name like monarch I was expecting at least some reference to kings, like a crown or a throne.

.....or butterflies.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Somehow JB at Theory11 found out about those pictures too. So I took them down. They're back up though!

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

6insider9

Somehow JB at Theory11 found out about those pictures too. So I took them down. They're back up though!

I got a feeling JB is just loving all the publicity, If he didn't want pre-released picture put up, then he probably would't have pre-released anything. Just my opinion.

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I got a feeling JB is just loving all the publicity, If he didn't want pre-released picture put up, then he probably would't have pre-released anything. Just my opinion.

I totally agree.  And, if he's not happy with the photos, why not release promo photos/videos?  It's all to build hype.

If I had my decks in hand, I would absolutely post photos.

CBJ

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
And he definitely shouldn't be surprised they are being released.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2011, 04:53:17 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Ok...I cannot wait until my deck comes in the mail. These pics are badass!!!
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Ok...I cannot wait until my deck comes in the mail. These pics are badass!!!

I'm guessing you're keeping yours sealed?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
you should open yours :) :)

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I honestly haven't decided yet...this deck is beyond rare, and a bit confusing. In order to resell people would want pics of the actual cards...but to open is to diminish value. Crossroads!
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I honestly haven't decided yet...this deck is beyond rare, and a bit confusing. In order to resell people would want pics of the actual cards...but to open is to diminish value. Crossroads!
Well, if I sold mine, I would show them the paperwork to prove its the rare one.

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2011, 07:58:47 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
t11 might change the seal color or something like that or even have something printed on the bottom of the box to indicate if its "rare" or not.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
t11 might change the seal color or something like that or even have something printed on the bottom of the box to indicate if its "rare" or not.

They said the boxes will be EXACTLY the same...but once again, they said all the decks will be the same.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Heres my video for the Monarch deck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfOW26-aUg

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Thanks for the video.

I think it actually looks nicer in the video.

But something caught me off guard... it looks like this decks has a real bar code.  Not a reveal.

Is Theory 11 going into retail stores??

I know there's a UCPCC version of the Guardians, but this would be different.

Does anyone know??

CBJ

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yea it has a barcode. Not sure what its for...  ::)

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Why did you block the video??

« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »

vmagic

Why is that video private? How the hell are we supposed to see it?

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Why is that video private? How the hell are we supposed to see it?
It was public for a while but theory11 threatened to decline all my orders if I didn't take down the video.

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
It just got serious.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
hahaha couldnt u just post it on a random youtube account? they wouldnt have a clue who it was. T11 with their panties in a bunch because someone is giving them free press.

« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2011, 10:49:57 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
It was public for a while but theory11 threatened to decline all my orders if I didn't take down the video.

So you can buy from any of the other retailers, like bmpokerworld etc etc.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2011, 10:52:16 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
So you can buy from any of the other retailers, like bmpokerworld etc etc.

But they might be more expensive, and he is also a magician, so he wouldn't be able to get any magic products either.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I think theory 11 is taking this too far.

Threatening people.

It's over the line.

CBJ

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
beyond over the line. its straight bullshit. (excuse my french...) if there was no contract then they can do whatever they want with the item they purchased with their money.

I would quote the last minute of rage against the machine's killing in the name of. but i would get in trouble lol

« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I tried to warn you guys, but you said quote-on-quote "that whole post was so "holier than thou" it was laughable." You guys did not listen, and now you will reap the consequences. Sorry for trying to sound like the Devil's spawn, but I have got to tell you, justice has been served. 
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
I tried to warn you guys, but you said quote-on-quote "that whole post was so "holier than thou" it was laughable." You guys did not listen, and now you will reap the consequences. Sorry for trying to sound like the Devil's spawn, but I have got to tell you, justice has been served.

What justice? what crime was broken for anything to be justified? and what consequences are being reaped? any actually large business that cared that much would have had an online contract before purchase. just as micro$oft or any game dev does for alpha testings.

they purposefully didn't and now t11 just looks like whiney little girls.

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer

Are you an idiot or just stupid? You have been acting like a holy figure trying to smite someone because they posted a few photos trying to help out the community.

Also no matter what you say next doesn't matter to me, im not going to reply in order to not start a flame war.

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
What justice? what crime was broken for anything to be justified? and what consequences are being reaped? any actually large business that cared that much would have had an online contract before purchase. just as micro$oft or any game dev does for alpha testings.

they purposefully didn't and now t11 just looks like whiney little girls.
Justice = Theory11's way of resolving the problem
Consequence = Having the video removed/blocked

Are you an idiot or just stupid? You have been acting like a holy figure trying to smite someone because they posted a few photos trying to help out the community.

Also no matter what you say next doesn't matter to me, im not going to reply in order to not start a flame war.

I never said that I was a holy figure, you guys just consumed me as that role. How is that helping the community, what community, the magic community, if you guys were so eager to get a peak at the deck, then why didn't you buy some yourself, I'm sure 90 seconds is more than enough time to buy a few decks. If you didn't buy any,then just wait. It doesn't hurt to wait a few more days. Also, If something that I say doesn't matter to you, then you don't have to backfire .

« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Well - I'm never purchasing a T11 product again. They are hilarious.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
What video was removed or blocked?

« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2011, 11:49:27 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Your video of the Monarch unboxing, it was blocked from the public.

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

Justice is served!! Mwahahahahaha now we must wait for these consequence to reap!!!

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:03 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Your video of the Monarch unboxing, it was blocked from the public.
Lol thats because I made it private.

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Nothing was removed or blocked. The fact that they threatened you is hilariously stupid.

Why not just post more videos, maybe even unbox one, and then laugh at them because they can't decline your orders. That's physically impossible since they would have to know where you live, and they'd have to block shipments to anyone you could possibly know as well even if they knew your address. They could decline your credit card number, but most families have at least two cards and several debit cards, plus, making a new PayPal takes just a day or  two. If they blocked your IP address, that would be even easier to bypass.

Kick censorship's ass and do what YOU want. You payed for the product, you have every right to do with it as you please.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:54:20 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2011, 11:53:06 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Nothing was removed or blocked. The fact that they threatened you is hilariously stupid.

Why not just post more videos, maybe even unbox one, and then laugh at them because they can't decline your orders. That's physically impossible since they would have to know where you live, and they'd have to block shipments to anyone you could possible know as well even if they knew your address. They could decline your credit card number, but most families have at least two cards and several debit cards, plus, making a new PayPal takes just a day or  two. If they blocked your IP address, that would be even easier to bypass.

Kick censorship's ass and do what YOU want. You payed for the product, you have every right to do with it as you please.

o this is all sorts of WIN!!!

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I hate to sound like some type of conspiracy theorist, but I still think this is one huge publicity stunt.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2011, 12:01:50 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
"Even bad publicity is good publicity." Unfortunately this does not apply here. In a holiday season where I can't even count on two hands how many amazing decks are coming out it's very easy to say "no thank you" and move on to another release.

I could get some Monarchs and enjoy a complete Theory11 collection, or I can buy more decks from other companies. Heck, E's Infinity deck looks a million times better by comparison and their staff actually takes the time to address people's concerns.

Theory11 already lost my respect after releasing useless "Titanium" cards in multiple editions, but seriously - threatening a kid because he wanted to praise the company and generate sales for them?

If I tried that, I would lose 90% of my pledges in a week.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2011, 12:05:08 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Alex, I think you should tell JB that.

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »

6insider9

"Even bad publicity is good publicity." Unfortunately this does not apply here. In a holiday season where I can't even count on two hands how many amazing decks are coming out it's very easy to say "no thank you" and move on to another release.

I could get some Monarchs and enjoy a complete Theory11 collection, or I can buy more decks from other companies. Heck, E's Infinity deck looks a million times better by comparison and their staff actually takes the time to address people's concerns.

Theory11 already lost my respect
 after releasing useless "Titanium" cards in multiple editions, but seriously - threatening a kid because he wanted to praise the company and generate sales for them?

If I tried that, I would lose 90% of my pledges in a week.

Nice post Alex, the tuck is really nice and the cards look good too, but their not worth the hype.

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Alex, I think you should tell JB that.

:-X
Forum Founder.

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2011, 12:30:54 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
ok....wtf is this " :-X" first of all lol!!! I honestly don't give a damn who says or does what. I just want someone to eventually post pics of the cards themselves of one of the 144. Whether it is before or after release, makes no difference to me. After release would keep more people happy.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2011, 12:40:14 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
There will be a few of these ones left over for their competitions that's my guess
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
If what they say is true (and I think it is) all 144 that were made are gone. They did not keep a single deck aside from the 33 that were given to their guys. Now that I think about it...perhaps after release they will post the pics of the cards themselves. They did have to open a deck in order to see the error, so maybe they will post some pics of those cards up so that we may see the difference?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so talked about this on sessionone and mention this site and everyone is on t11 side :(

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2011, 12:51:50 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
so talked about this on sessionone and mention this site and everyone is on t11 side :(

that's because most people are brain washed to obey obey obey instead of thinking "why the hell do i have to listen to you."

without a contract people can say whatever they want about a product they buy. its honestly that simple.

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2011, 12:55:36 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
You are absolutely correct Gunshy. I personally would not rock a boat that doesn't necessarily need rocking. I mean, it is only a few more days...why piss people off when it is not needed?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i say t11 screwed themselvs. i would not have taken my vid down or my pics.

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
You are absolutely correct Gunshy. I personally would not rock a boat that doesn't necessarily need rocking. I mean, it is only a few more days...why piss people off when it is not needed?

To me its more about what they are doing, then what is causing it. i mean ya maybe he should have waited to post the vid, but t11 knew it would happen so why are they acting so butt hurt?

and its one thing to ask, and another to threaten and impose your will on someone else, like t11 did.

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
over the next couple of days, everyone else is going to get their decks.

I would expect more videos/photos to come.  Theory11 can't muscle everyone

CBJ

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:03 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
thats what im saying, why threatend you cant stop them you knew it would happen

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I don't think they actually expect 111 decks to go into circulation and not get revealed. I cannot hate on T11 for what they are doing. They are cranking the hype machine and doing so very effectively. They know we are all active on numerous boards, so they are exploiting that to a key. It's actually quite genius. I know it has people heated as hell, but stepping back and looking in....way to f-ing go T11!
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2011, 01:14:03 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I don't think they actually expect 111 decks to go into circulation and not get revealed. I cannot hate on T11 for what they are doing. They are cranking the hype machine and doing so very effectively. They know we are all active on numerous boards, so they are exploiting that to a key. It's actually quite genius. I know it has people heated as hell, but stepping back and looking in....way to f-ing go T11!

That's like saying "Way to go Merz for figuring out how to turn a profit on horrible decks!" I don't know, I'm just not a fan of the whole "all hail T11" shenanigans recently.  :-X

Sidenote: That carrot smiley is making every post more effective.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2011, 01:17:46 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Alex, from a designer's stand point I see where you are coming from. You have worked your ass off to make the Vortex what it is and everything that is Vortex. Your methods have been upfront and loyal. But, from a money pov...Merz has made bank off of hype alone, T11 has put out a good deck with an immense amount of hype with it, the money will follow. I cannot hate on someone for making their pockets fat, I can only opt to not help them in their quest to riches.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Alex, from a designer's stand point I see where you are coming from. You have worked your ass off to make the Vortex what it is and everything that is Vortex. Your methods have been upfront and loyal. But, from a money pov...Merz has made bank off of hype alone, T11 has put out a good deck with an immense amount of hype with it, the money will follow. I cannot hate on someone for making their pockets fat, I can only opt to not help them in their quest to riches.

That's what I'm doing. My hate isn't on the false-hype side of things. By all means, anyone can hype what they'd like. The problem I honestly have is Evan getting threatened in the way that he was. That shows no class.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2011, 01:26:21 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
All they would have to do is release the official photos.  Why wait?

It seems like T11 has hypnotized most of their followers.

Just thought I's add a smiley.. because Alex did

LOL

CBJ

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I absolutely agree with you there. They had to know what was going to happen...not only know, but planned it. To threaten someone with "we won't allow you to give us any more money"....lmao, when you look at it from that point of view!  8) <<<I'm claiming this one until Alex makes a "sinister" smiley.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:29:51 AM by sinsandman »
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Wow, leave the forum for an couple hours and apparently I missed something important. It would have been extremely nieve of Theory 11 to assume that out of those 111 decks sold, that not a single picture would get out onto the internet before the official launch. I find it appalling that a business would threaten a teenager for something that they should have foreseen and is entirely in his rights to do. I really cannot understand how the hype they may gain from pictures/videos not being shown of the deck outweighs the public embarrassment of threatening people to follow their orders. Unless they issue some sort of apology to Evan, I really will have a tough choice deciding wether or not to purchase from their store again.

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
 :P this is mine, where is hypnotizing one? also yea im basically dont with t11

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
:P this is mine, where is hypnotizing one? also yea im basically dont with t11

the only thing that makes me still like t11 is their cool magic tricks.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

Yep, they're totally within their rights to refuse service to anyone for any reason and I'm totally within my rights to flip them the bird in regards to all future releases.  Hopefully enough people do the same to force them to issue an apology.

« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Lets make infinity deck sold out before monarch deck!

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Lets make infinity deck sold out before monarch deck!

I'm sure Marcus would like that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
There will be a few of these ones left over for their competitions that's my guess
No, they sold 111 and gave the other 33 to people to promote

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
E decks rock, no more t11. let storm their warehouse and take them down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I honestly can't wait until the cards are finally released and everybody can actual talk about the deck itself instead of all the controversy. I'm really looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks of them. Seems to me that the box has gotten good reactions (see the best looking card box forum). Hopefully the deck itself looks just as good! 4 days...

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2011, 04:11:59 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
It would be hard to sell out a deck that is in unlimited stock...whether that deck be Monarchs or Infinity. But it would be fun trying huh?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2011, 04:36:39 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well I saw on the Theory11 forums that the Monarchs have original Ace of spades, jokers, and "recolored court cards in the style of the rest of the deck." So, to me that means that most of the deck is standard Bicycle. Which is a little disappointing because I was expecting something full custom like the Sentinels...
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well I saw on the Theory11 forums that the Monarchs have original Ace of spades, jokers, and "recolored court cards in the style of the rest of the deck." So, to me that means that most of the deck is standard Bicycle. Which is a little disappointing because I was expecting something full custom like the Sentinels...

THat's disappointed.

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I find that hard to believe. If they are willing to destroy TEN-THOUSAND decks because the colors "Aren't EXACTLY right" then why would they keep the original court cards and Ace of Spades.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
well I agree. Posted by the CEO himself though:

Quick question: do the Monarchs have a custom design for the suits and face cards, like the Sentinels? Or just ignore this question if it can't be answered...

j.bayme:
Original Ace of Spades, Jokers, and modified colors on the court cards in the style of the rest of the deck.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
well I agree. Posted by the CEO himself though:

Well at least the Ace and Jokers are customized. That's pretty good.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Lol thats because I made it private.
You made the video private because theory11 told you to.

without a contract people can say whatever they want about a product they buy. its honestly that simple.
With this entire thing, I am not talking about a legal issue, it's just a moral issue. Theory11 put their trust into you to not leak information, but you do it anyway. This is the same things as if you were to bootleg some magic video or some music. You are let it on a "secret" and are expected not to reveal any of it for the time being. Here's how I put it, theory11 put their trust into you, but you betrayed them.
It

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
False. its totally different than a boot legged video cause that's illegal BY LAW. this however, was not.

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2011, 11:31:48 PM »

6insider9

I find that hard to believe. If they are willing to destroy TEN-THOUSAND decks because the colors "Aren't EXACTLY right" then why would they keep the original court cards and Ace of Spades.
Maybe this is the price to pay to have some
Of the most rare cards ever made. And any publicity
is good publicity.

« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Maybe this is the price to pay to have some
Of the most rare cards ever made. And any publicity
is good publicity.
I don't see how they can reprint so many decks in such little time. Don't most decks take months?

« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2011, 12:17:52 AM »

6insider9

I don't see how they can reprint so many decks in such little time. Don't most decks take months?
Months? No way, the art is basically
done, it just needs tweaked. And if there
is press time open, it only takes a couple
of hours if that to print 10, 13, or 17 thousand
sheets. Since the tucks are already printed.
The most time will be spent running
thru the punches and packaging.
So it could be done in just a few days.

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Theory11 has a close relationship with the USPCC and can probably get time to print their decks and bump back all the other decks being printed
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2011, 01:11:46 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
As seen in the video below, its a pretty fast process if the design is already made up ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZuFe-M3yOI
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2011, 03:08:01 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I saw the teaser trailer for the cards just now and it looks (blurry as it was) that the box is the same as the pre-release box. Did anybody else check the video out?

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2011, 03:45:22 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I saw that too. They just try to crate more hype.

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2011, 05:08:18 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Ok, in regards to the deck itself...when the guy says "in the style of the rest of the deck" where does that mean plain? If the rest of the deck is in a certain style and pip theme, a modified coloration of the court cards is not as bad as it may sound, right?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I saw the teaser trailer for the cards just now and it looks (blurry as it was) that the box is the same as the pre-release box. Did anybody else check the video out?

I watched it this morning.  I don`t really see the point to releasing another blurry promo.

Just show the public the damn deck already.

The hype machine is running at full tilt!

CBJ

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ok, in regards to the deck itself...when the guy says "in the style of the rest of the deck" where does that mean plain? If the rest of the deck is in a certain style and pip theme, a modified coloration of the court cards is not as bad as it may sound, right?

Look at the marketing language for the Sentinels:

Clean, elegant, and refined design. The first mainstream deck in magic that is composed 100% of original art - the faces, the backs, the box. And yes - even the court cards. Every single design element has a meaning behind it. The deck represents magic, the industry of deception, and the allied arts.

That's making a big deal about the custom art. For the monarchs, the CEO says the only the Ace and Jokers are "original." To me, the opposite of original is standard Bicycle. Maybe he was being purposefully vague, but the way he stated it in no way makes it sound like they did full custom everything.

Of course if some of you pansies that got a deck wouldn't worry about the far flung future resale value and just opened the darn things days ago, we'd have no questions.  ;)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
T11 already said it was going to be the same box

« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:22 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
T11 already said it was going to be the same box

And if you want the pre-release version.
You have to trade/buy it now, cause after they release the unlimited version.
You can't tell which one is the pre-release unless you open it.

« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
And if you want the pre-release version.
You have to trade/buy it now, cause after they release the unlimited version.
You can't tell which one is the pre-release unless you open it.
Thats true but I have the paperwork to prove mine is the rare one

« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2011, 11:18:43 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Thats true but I have the paperwork to prove mine is the rare one

But technically you could copy the paperwork, get a new release deck, and package them together. I know you wouldn't but other people might think you will. I'd feel safe buying from you, because you're a respected member in this community, but not everyone knows that.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
But technically you could copy the paperwork, get a new release deck, and package them together. I know you wouldn't but other people might think you will. I'd feel safe buying from you, because you're a respected member in this community, but not everyone knows that.
Thank you. And yea I understand some people would do that.

« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:39 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Thank you. And yea I understand some people would do that.

That's why if I ever buy one on eBay, I will tell the seller that I will open them (even though I won't) and if they are the new release, I will report them to eBay. That way they will sell me the real-deal.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: { Theory11 } -- Gold Monarchs
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2011, 04:12:17 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
wait so the next set of monarchs are definitely unlimited?

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2011, 04:23:47 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Yes, for sure.

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
It will be printed until there is no need for it to be printed anymore   i.e. no one buys it anymore

Re: Gold Monarchs
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2011, 09:11:40 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well, some of the Gold Monarch auctions I've been watching are almost done ... her they are

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230698067783?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $153.50 + $56.90 shipping and still has 6 hours left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120806413313?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $102.50 and still has 9 hours left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160676489901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $125+$7shipping and still has 19 hours left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120806751977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $80 with just over a day left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250927371054?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $100 with just over 3 days left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270849677017?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
is at $20 with 3 days left

SO... how high do you guys think these will go????  If you include shipping, the first one is already over $200.

Interesting to see what happens!

CBJ

« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I will try to get the one going for $20, because that's the only one I can afford.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
LOl, $56 shipping? What are they doing, wrapping it in gold leaf and sending it via carrier pigeon? Sending a butler named james to hand deliver it? I just sent a full size mountain bike via Fedex for $30...
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
LOl, $56 shipping? What are they doing, wrapping it in gold leaf and sending it via carrier pigeon? Sending a butler named james to hand deliver it? I just sent a full size mountain bike via Fedex for $30...

I mean I know paper is heavy and all, but this I'd just insane.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Indeed wrapping with gold leaf...

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Someone got me on Amazon with the shipping nonsense. I wanted some graetful dead playing cards and saw them listed for 2.99 a pop. After I ordered them I found shipping for a few decks turned out to be $14.99. I only blame myself as I did not look at the whole thing but still.

« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well, 2 hours till the release!

Just an update to the Gold Monarchs on Ebay...

The ones that have ended sold for ... 250, 255, 231.  I guess that's the going rate.  I wonder what will happen after the full release.

CBJ

« Reply #194 on: November 11, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Well, 2 hours till the release!

Just an update to the Gold Monarchs on Ebay...

The ones that have ended sold for ... 250, 255, 231.  I guess that's the going rate.  I wonder what will happen after the full release.

CBJ

Maybe the price won't drop, but no one wanna buy it.
Too risky.

« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I sense fishiness in the 3 bids that had just ended..

« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:07:32 AM by CBJ »

« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Those are ugly... AND also blue.. We all know what is going to happen next.. Most likely a Red monarch..

« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
nope, not getting them.  I really wanted them too, so disappointed.

---edit---

The box is fantastic though, not the back art, the box.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:11:41 AM by RWKercheval »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I like the back art, but I think it would be better if it reserve the same theme as the box.
I'm gonna buy it anyway, just not now. It's unlimited, of course...

Now I'm wondering what is the gold monarch look like.

« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Too much hype for a Meh product.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Here's a review of the gold ones

http://robincarey.com/monarchs-theory11-review/

« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17:22 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Too much hype for a Meh product.

Yeah, my feeling drop down after I see all of them.
Also, the contest is all about luck.
So, hmmmm.....
Is 11/11/11 means only this to T11?

« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Here's a review of the gold ones

http://robincarey.com/monarchs-theory11-review/

I coun't see the picture clearly.
Is the back of the card gold metalic ink instead of white?

« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:39 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Well, I was right, standard court cards. I think the box is far and away the highlight here, but on the whole I think these are a step back from the Sentinels. The Sentinels had a intricate box with lots of details, metallic inks, but the cards ALSO had full custom art.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with these. I will probably get a deck, but not make any huge efforts to do so.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Here are two pictures that show the difference in the back.

Gold ( Thanks to Robin Carey for the picture )

Standard

« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
nope, not getting them.  I really wanted them too, so disappointed.

+1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Super disapointing!  >:( All they talked about was how nice they look but they really don't look nice at all. The box looks nicer than the cards

« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
yeah - and that was the big release for 11/11/11 ?
Typical Hype *caugh*
I´m feeling sad for those guys who bought the pre-release Monarchs at 100+ USD.

The Jokers aren´t that incredible so is the AoS.
The box instead is lovely!
I can see me replacing the monarchs from the box and use another deck in it haha :)
This will save me some cash for the real custom decks by Alex and Lance ;-)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm actually kinda starting to like the blue/ silver back.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm actually kinda starting to like the blue/ silver back.

Yeah, but the black/gold would be better.

« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah, but the black/gold would be better.
I definitely agree

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2011, 04:59:03 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I saw a pic from facebook.

It's not mine deck, and I don't know to credit who, since I got it from a friend who said this is not his deck.

« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2011, 05:13:46 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Now that back is much better looking!! I wish they would go to that color without the metallic ink!

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Now that back is much better looking!! I wish they would go to that color without the metallic ink!

Yeah, I'm agree.
The white and the blue isn't good as the gold and the blue.

« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2011, 07:45:12 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
the box is easily the best thing about the deck, such disappointment when you open it to find that in there

« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
why did they have to change the back so much? why not just leave the blue and gold, but just use normal gold? Even then, however, the cards were WAY over hyped. im looking forward to the infinity deck.

« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
They really should have done black instead of dark navy blue.... Black would look much nicer and maybe I would get them

« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
False. its totally different than a boot legged video cause that's illegal BY LAW. this however, was not.

Actually, it may be considered a form of breach of contract.  Anyone who purchased the Gold Monarchs went into a contractual agreement with Theory 11, no?  It's not criminal law, but it is civil law and would leave the violator open to liability.

I'm not weighing in one way or the other on the T11 Gold Monarchs issue, just adding some additional legal perspective.  I've never had any problems with T11 before, I like their products in general and love that they sell Tally-Ho decks for less than the street price in NYC.  However, the whole Gold Monarchs thing leaves a lot of unanswered questions and I don't have the answers.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
no, unless they made you click a box, such as the "i have read and agree to terms of use" box that we all click without ever actually reading the terms of use then no; no one entered a contractual agreement with t11.

« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2011, 10:11:53 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Just let it go boys.  What's done is done.

I'm not a fan of either color back design. lol

CBJ

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
SO...

I received my 2 Gold Monarchs today in the mail.  Was a bit busy... so I grabbed the one deck that I was trading, wrapped it in bubble wrap and went to the post office and mailed it.

Now.. tonight I'm looking at my Gold Monarch.. and something isn't right.

Look at these pics..

And yes, the one side of the deck is sitting flat on the table.  The deck it askew.

The deck is shaped more like this..(not this extreme obviously)

You can't bend it back into place either. It's also noticeable when you're holding it in your hand.

To the owners of these rare decks... does yours have the same issue???

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:44:00 PM by CBJ »

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2011, 06:43:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Odd.... mine does that too! But only one of my many Blue Masters decks does it too!

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I remember hearing that the preview 144 decks had boxes put together by hand by USPCC to get them out the door on a crazy timeline. Looks like things got a little askew in the rush.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I remember hearing that the preview 144 decks had boxes put together by hand by USPCC to get them out the door on a crazy timeline. Looks like things got a little askew in the rush.

Yah, apparently they had to hot glue the boxes.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
My Monarchs seem to stand up fine with no lean to one side or the other...

I did hear about the hot glue gun loldudex2 mentioned, and that could be the reason.

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2011, 01:21:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
no, unless they made you click a box, such as the "i have read and agree to terms of use" box that we all click without ever actually reading the terms of use then no; no one entered a contractual agreement with t11.

I was under the impression that the act of purchasing the deck itself came with the consent that you would follow their restrictions on not previewing it before the release date.  It's not always clicking a box like the EULA for computer software - sometimes the act of purchase itself constitutes agreement to the terms under which it was sold.  By making the purchase, you are in fact giving consent.

Should you disagree with the agreement, you are free to not purchase the item.  Ever try using an unaltered piece of software without agreeing to the EULA during the install?  It doesn't happen.  In that sense, the purchase would be exactly like the EULA.

I'm not trying to be a pest or a b@11buster, just playing a little "devil's advocate" here.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Yah, apparently they had to hot glue the boxes.

Yeah, I believe that these decks were put in the box with hands, not machine.
So mistake happens.

« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Did anybody notice that Dan and Dave started selling the monarchs on their website? Was this the new item they talked about releasing tonight?

« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Did anybody notice that Dan and Dave started selling the monarchs on their website? Was this the new item they talked about releasing tonight?

I HIGHLY doubt it. There would be no reason to hype up something that is available from the original sellers.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The new item that was rumored is the Tungestene deck... not monarchs

« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

ezstreet I know that. But Dan and Dave haven't mentioned it at all. I've been keeping up on it all. They mentioned a release and they never mentioned anything by name, and this is what they have for us now. They could release something before midnight but they haven't talked about anything like they normally do.

« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

ezstreet I know that. But Dan and Dave haven't mentioned it at all. I've been keeping up on it all. They mentioned a release and they never mentioned anything by name, and this is what they have for us now. They could release something before midnight but they haven't talked about anything like they normally do.
Well, they released a new shirt. And they released more Victorian Close Up pads

« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
DnD carry almost all t11 decks, so them carrying the monarchs is nothing special.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2011, 09:29:56 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Thats true. The did see the new t-shirt. The pads had already been release, they just got them back in stock. I wouldn't call that a release.