Author (Read 51524 times)

Gold Monarchs
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone who purchased the pre-release just received this e-mail

"Congratulations! If you're receiving this message, you were one of only 111 people who are lucky enough (and fast enough!) to snatch up a pre-release deck of Monarch Playing Cards.

Wanted to send you a quick message to advise that your deck is on the way and will be arriving shortly. For some of you, it may have even arrived today - check your mail!

Some details about the deck you'll be receiving: It's the best we've ever done. Printed at The United States Playing Card Company using imported papers, metallic inks, and stunning, elegant artwork. The deck represents the pinnacle of playing card design and manufacturing today. They're the most elite playing cards ever produced.

We have a secret! The pre-release edition of Monarchs is NOT the same as the decks to be released publicly on 11/11. The pre-release you're going to receive is a GOLD edition featuring gold metallic inks on the back design. Otherwise, the decks - and the tuck case - are identical.

Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through. The gold edition will never be publicly available and is limited to only 144 in circulation. They'll never again be produced, and the only ones that exist - are yours. They are the most rare decks we have ever produced.

We ask that you keep the cards confidential until release, and help us keep the secret of what the decks look like until then. The Monarchs will be unveiled for the first time on 11/11 at 11:00am EST. Until then, enjoy your new deck! Treat it well and please let us know what you think once you receive it."

Wow.

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:42:54 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: BIG NEWS from Theory 11 re: Monarchs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Very interesting news. Caught me off guard, and now I am very pleased I was able to snap up 3 decks when I had the chance.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:56:25 PM by Curt »

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I ordered 2.

I really don't want o open either of them, but I will be curious to see the differences in the back designs.

Will you be opening one of yours??
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
If we are unable to find some pictures of others who have opened theirs, I may bite the bullet and open one up for the good of the community. I don't really want to.... but I will if people demand it. :p

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got 1 and I guess I won't be having an early review of them. I am going to keep it sealed.

EDIT EDIT:

I really want to see pictures of it! 

But its also really dumb that theres no way to tell you have a special one unless you open the deck
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:09:52 PM by Curt »

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
C'mon. My mom offered to order them on the pre-release but I told her I'd just wait until they came out to the public :(
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:35 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
C'mon. My mom offered to order them on the pre-release but I told her I'd just wait until they came out to the public :(
That sucks... Theory11 really should have told us earlier that they were special decks

Edit:

I just found this out too: 
There are only 144 in existence, and one is on its way to you now. 111 were made available for the pre-release, and 33 others were sent out to people like me for the purpose of promoting them. This is the rarest deck we have ever made. Period. You are one of the lucky ones.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:26:34 PM by Curt »

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I actually think that the lack of announcement of the rareness of the deck is a good thing. If they did announce it, I would bet there would have been a crash of their website and another big fiasco. I think they avoided a large public outcry in return for a smaller one because more people would be pissed off at another crash during a release.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
But I'm pretty sure on someone asked on their Facebook, and they said they were exactly the same.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
But I'm pretty sure on someone asked on their Facebook, and they said they were exactly the same.
I was the one that asked that. They told me they were all the same...

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I was the one that asked that. They told me they were all the same...

Exactly. That's the reason I didn't make my Mom because I didn't want her stressing over it. This is complete bull-crap.

I'm not mad at the people who got it, I'm mad at Theory11 for lying.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:53:43 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Exactly. That's the reason I didn't make my Mom because I didn't want her stressing over it. This is complete bull-crap.

I'm not mad at the people who got it, I'm mad at Theory11 for lying.
I completely understand that. I feel that they should have told us.... but I also feel that they shouldn't have... Im not sure  ???

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I completely understand that. I feel that they should have told us.... but I also feel that they shouldn't have... Im not sure  ???

But whatever, I'm trying to make an offer with Josh K on Playing Card Selling and Trading.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The do mention that the plan was to have all the backs the same, but they had to make changes following complications.

"Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through."

You are acting as if they had this planned all along and they were lying the whole time. From the email I received it sounded as if the plan was for them to all be the same as the mentioned to you, but then they had to change that. I understand that this can be upsetting to those who decided to wait for the public release, but this stuff happens in production and business all the time. It isn't that T11 had this up their sleeve the whole time.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
The do mention that the plan was to have all the backs the same, but they had to make changes following complications.

"Our original intention was to keep the gold backs for ALL of the Monarchs, but due to complications during the printing process, only 144 made it through."

You are acting as if they had this planned all along and they were lying the whole time. From the email I received it sounded as if the plan was for them to all be the same as the mentioned to you, but then they had to change that. I understand that this can be upsetting to those who decided to wait for the public release, but this stuff happens in production and business all the time. It isn't that T11 had this up their sleeve the whole time.

Oh really? I had no idea. That makes complete sense now. Thank you.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Also something to keep in mind. They mention in the email that 144 made it through production before the complication; HOWEVER, in the pre-release the sold 111...

This leaves them with 33 on hand. So I'm not sure what they plan to do with the extras. I would keep and eye out for contests, giveaways, ect... that theory 11 has in the future, because who knows when one of those extra 33 will pop up!

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:43 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I'm guessing the extra 33 will be for the employees.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm doubting they will simply give them to the employees. The fact that they mentioned a surplus of this rare deck sort of leads into the question of what will they do with them. If they were to simply give them to the employees I doubt they would have mentioned they had extra in the email.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
EZ posted this info he got.

"There are only 144 in existence, and one is on its way to you now. 111 were made available for the pre-release, and 33 others were sent out to people like me for the purpose of promoting them. This is the rarest deck we have ever made. Period. You are one of the lucky ones."
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Alrighty then haha, I guess no contests or whatnot from t11

I guess I'll just count myself as a lucky guy!

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Alrighty then haha, I guess no contests or whatnot from t11

I guess I'll just count myself as a lucky guy!

How many did you get?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I only snagged one haha but I'm lucky I managed that!  :D

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow. My mild annoyance at the major inaccuracy of their timer mechanism (which I had tweeted them about immediately and they said, more or less "oh well") is now full on major disappointment. I was so prepared for it that I have no doubt I would have been getting one of those if not for their timer not working. I had that page up hours in advance, kept it up and visible and didn't even have a chance to click the button (went straight from 0 to Sold Out) Damn, that really bums me out.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yep, I fell prey to the timer glitch as well.  I was online waiting the second they went live, too.  Wasn't too upset at the time but now... FFS.  :-[

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Kind of messed up to do that to people. Granted, I flat out forgot about the release so I don't deserve to be angry - but I can only imagine what kind of anger some may have who just flat out got cheated out of it.

I'm surprised there is no backlash on this after the hate Ellusionist had.

I don't understand why it's necessary to make people feel special and at the same time make 100x more people feel cheated. There are easy ways to sell those same decks without a "sucks to be you if you didn't get any" attitude. There are simple methods in which only those who truly deserve the cards would get them.

Oh well. To everyone that missed out - there are more opportunities out there that will come by.
Forum Founder.