You are Here:
Playing cards the Arts

Author (Read 238 times)

Playing cards the Arts
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »

Jokercards

• Newcomer
  • Jokercards
Anna Lobanova about her new deck: These cards are dedicated to different arts, which are devided into four groups according to the four suits and each card represents one particular kind of art. I used my own classification because neither of the classic scheme suited the case. For example I combined literature and theatre in the suit of spades because both of them relate to verbal arts. I also brought together architecture and sculpture in the suit of diamonds as they both are dimensional art forms. Fine art is represented by the suit of hearts. Along with painting and graphic I also decided to introduce engraving, because this is the technique in which the illustrations for this deck are made. And finally, the clubs represent music, embodied by a trio of composer, singer and musician. For the aces I depicted still lifes with attributes of different arts. The rest of the cards are also illustrated. I chose different themed subjects for each suit: architectural elements and ornaments, musical instruments,  botanical motifs and human faces. Wild card is represented by Muse.
Illustrations are made with linocut: the image is cut out with special tools on linoleum then the paint is applied on the surface and a print is made. This deck is made only in two colors: red and black, but each suit has its own tone and saturation.
In this work, I tried to depict different arts as funny interesting characters and I hope that I have managed to show you my vision of the card world of arts.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:14:36 PM by Jokercards »