You are Here:
Blaine Microsoft deck promo through CARC

Author (Read 2640 times)

Blaine Microsoft deck promo through CARC
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Free David Blaine Microsoft deck with $500 purchase through CARC for the next 48 hours... I really want one of these, but I don't think I could even come up with $500 worth of things I want from CARC let alone $500 spending cash as it is...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:29:11 PM by Justin O. »
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

Re: Blaine Microsoft deck promo through CARC
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
IF I had $500, I would buy two bricks of Asi Wind Chameleons (the green foiled ones).  But alas, I don't have $500.  *sniff*

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I am seriously considering about this as well... but the conversion rate is absurd. If I spend $512 (Including shipping) it converted to over AU$750  :mindf-ck:
Back for more

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »

Talisman

Being it's my birthday, it's fitting this offer came out today. Though I won't be spending $500 to get one.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:34:09 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
 :o Its just out of my comfort zone to spend $500 for 1 deck...

I get that there are plenty of stuff that is worth the money on the store, but its too much.

This might be one of those decks that are only for the filthy rich collectors...

$500 is = to a semi-profesional drone or airplane tickets for some cool holidays...
Form Follows Function

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 10:21:56 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Right now I'm at: "If I do it, I have to sell at least $300 worth of cards once I get it"

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:28 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This is one of the coolest offers for those who are serious Blaine nuts. While I do enjoy his playing cards from time to time, I can't go in like that with the current offerings. I just have so many of the decks currently on offer from CARC that it just doesn't make sense for me at the moment. Haven't really been using many decks for about half a year now, life happens. Maybe next year, if it's offered again, I'll be in then. Depends on what new stock there is that I don't already have on hand.

I do have to say, this is a very cool offering.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »

Gareth

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Kickstarter:
Its a great offer from/for CARC, as there are obviously many collectors VERY interested in this deck.

Glad to say that I'm not *that* intent in getting one (although admit that I did consider it for a minute or two...  ;) )

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
So I finally convinced myself to do this, and decided I would just sell of some of the rare duplicates I have to offset the price, and by time I got $500 worth of cards; and one profoundly expensive card clip, added to my cart and the purchase completed I had missed the deadline by 15 minutes. Sent CARC an email hoping that I can still get the Blaine deck, but won't know until Monday. That's what I get for hemming and hawing until the last minute (or -15 minutes).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:08:44 PM by Justin O. »

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 11:08:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Good luck.  Remember, EPCC does have an official presence here on the forum, and Bill Kalush himself is also a member of the forum and a VP in 52 Plus Joker.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Good luck.  Remember, EPCC does have an official presence here on the forum, and Bill Kalush himself is also a member of the forum and a VP in 52 Plus Joker.

I appreciate that reminder, I do forget that we have companies that take part in the forum. I just got an email from them and they are happy to include the deck in good faith, so that is a relief. I need to go look through my collection and see what I have to post in the sales forum, I don't make so much money that $500 isn't a big hit to my month. Hell, that's a big hit to my next several months...

Big thanks to CARC for the customer service, they were completely within their rights to just apologize and decline.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Big thanks to CARC for the customer service, they were completely within their rights to just apologize and decline.

Congrats Justin!   :D. Glad you were able to get the deck with your purchase...I have always enjoyed purchasing from CARC as they are a class act and have great customer service! 8)

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 11:49:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I appreciate that reminder, I do forget that we have companies that take part in the forum. I just got an email from them and they are happy to include the deck in good faith, so that is a relief. I need to go look through my collection and see what I have to post in the sales forum, I don't make so much money that $500 isn't a big hit to my month. Hell, that's a big hit to my next several months...

The whole gang over at CARC/EPCC are a fine bunch of people, I've met most of them and had lunch with many of them - it doesn't surprise me in the least that they were willing to accommodate your request.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Just got confirmation that they are home waiting for me. Thank you Friday, you always win at weeks.