« on: November 29, 2016, 06:40:38 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi,

I didn't see for awhile the KWP's Reserve Note decks, Branded or Unbranded, on the market. Nor even on ebay or forums. Maybe I missed something.

I am just curios, how much will worth a branded or unbranded deck at this point is? I have only branded.

Thanks!

"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

Re: Kings Wild Project Reserve Note
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:41 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
the last unbranded black reserve note sold on eBay was sold for $280.
I can't really recalled exactly how much for the branded black reserve note or the other federal 52 series individually.

Back for more

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:14:40 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you for your answers!

Also, someone did offer me 125usd/110euro for a deck. Usually I don't like to sell my decks, only if I change something in my little collection or I have more than 1-3 rare of that kind or must likely decks. And I like KWP decks, specially this dark one because of black with red triangle.

What do you think?

Unbranded are to much for me 300+... even this decks are even rare because of the low print.

Also, if there is a general thread with this kind of questions "How much is...worth...etc" thread, I'll ask a moderator to move there this questions. I think threads with simple questions like this don't need a single thread. Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:34:53 PM by mirciusx »

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Hi,

I think the problem is that value and worth for any deck, more so modern deck, can vary a lot. If you're looking to sell something quick or soon, then take your best offer. If you wait for the long game, the deck could potentially go up in value or sink in value for whatever reason. And ultimately value/worth is what someone else is willing to pay for it. You can believe it's got a high value but if you can't find someone to give you that value for it, then it's really worth less.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »

akicer

Really don;t quite understand why the unbranded is sooooo expensive... I get all the other 9 decks (including a branded white reserve note) for around $250, really want one to finish the collection, but 380+ is really too high...

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi,

I think the problem is that value and worth for any deck, more so modern deck, can vary a lot. If you're looking to sell something quick or soon, then take your best offer. If you wait for the long game, the deck could potentially go up in value or sink in value for whatever reason. And ultimately value/worth is what someone else is willing to pay for it. You can believe it's got a high value but if you can't find someone to give you that value for it, then it's really worth less.

Well said. :D

Really don;t quite understand why the unbranded is sooooo expensive... I get all the other 9 decks (including a branded white reserve note) for around $250, really want one to finish the collection, but 380+ is really too high...

Even more than Nuggets. Is not bad. But is nor ok too. Also, you could send an email to KWP about that, maybe sir Robinson would help you in that manner and get a deck for less. Worth a try, never say never :) KWP was a nice project with a very nice start...but, but, time will tell us more.

I've sold one Federal 52. He got me crazy about that, I've ask him why he wouldn't buy from ebay..."I want the deck tomorrow" Ok, Federal 52 + Aladdin 1001 ~120 usd. Grrr ^^

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 03:20:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

It's more costly because USPC accidentally shorted the print run, making it more scarce than the rest of the collection.  People heard about it and the price took off like a rocket as collectors sought them out for keeping or reselling.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Do you mean the Unbranded White Reserve Note or the Unbranded Black Reserve Note?

If I remember correctly, the reasoning for the different print run for Unbranded and Branded White Reserve Note is just due to popularity. People liked one over the other and more of that was ordered.

As for the Unbranded BLACK Reserve Note, it was always meant to be a limited edition and short run. USPCC did not under print it and they printed exactly what was ordered by Kings Wild Project. 1000 decks were printed and that was the original intention. It's a 1000 print run using bee stock as well.  The Branded Black Reserve Note has the exact same courts as the White Reserve Note version, but in a fancier tuck box.

Price shoot up due to limited nature of it and a lot of people that had it kept it for their collection so the few of them ever went up for sale and when they did, well it's supply and demand of business.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »

cardician

• 52 Plus Joker Member

You may find the 9 decks for $250 or so, but if your looking to purchase the complete set, I've seen them go for as high $750+.  So it does make sense that the one black unbranded reserve will fetch $400 or more.

One of my sets has consecutive numbers (#10/####) for all 10 decks.  My black unbranded reserve is labelled 010/500 PRIVATE RESERVE, where as my other black reserve is labelled 0750/1000 BLACK RESERVE NOTE. 

Not sure if if JR produced 1,500 in total or anything under 500 was labelled private reserve and anything over 500 was #/1000.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 08:48:52 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Only 4 branded here: 386, 400, 1236 and..124x/1550?!

LE. @♣️♥️ cardians ♠️♦️ nice collection you've got there  ;D  :D :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:50:52 PM by mirciusx »