You are Here:
Hochman Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards

Author (Read 1997 times)

Hochman Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
HOCHMAN ENCYCLOPEDIA – DIGITAL EDITION NOW AVAILABLE
Just out - the Second Edition of the Hochman Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards by Tom & Judy Dawson. This new edition, in digital format, includes all the content of the original edition of October 2000, the material from the 2004 Supplement and over 50 new listings, amendments and items of further information since that time. It is now available, together with an updated Price Guide completed with the assistance of a number of worldwide collectors, from the Conjuring Arts Research Center http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Hochman-Encyclopedia-c182.htm. The cost is $17.99 for the Encyclopedia, $7.99 for the Price Guide or the two as a package for only $22.50.
The downloads of both the Encyclopedia and Price Guide are formatted to work effectively with PC’s and Mac’s as well as IPhones, IPads and Android Cell phones and tablets.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

Re: Hochman Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thank you infinitely for your work and this update! For that price, I am not going to wait long :)

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 01:49:13 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
One of the best resources for vintage card knowledge. I will definitely be adding this updated electronic version.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I've bought several vintage decks over the last year. I was flying blind. Didn't know if I was getting a good deal or not. Whether it was a 1960's deck, or an 1890's deck . So I ordered this about a week ago. I've already used it a few times. I've been able to check some of my old purchases as well. I didn't do too bad for the most part. This works great on my phone. It will work really nice when I'm down town in the antique stores, doing a little treasure hunting.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
I've bought several vintage decks over the last year. I was flying blind. Didn't know if I was getting a good deal or not. Whether it was a 1960's deck, or an 1890's deck . So I ordered this about a week ago. I've already used it a few times. I've been able to check some of my old purchases as well. I didn't do too bad for the most part. This works great on my phone. It will work really nice when I'm down town in the antique stores, doing a little treasure hunting.
Hi Rob - glad it works so well. I have it on Android and it is great. Is yours an IPhone?
Tom Dawson

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Finally downloaded my copy of both books, as well as a number of other fine PDFs from Conjuring Arts.  Looking forward to checking it out - in COLOR!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »

CthulhuWho1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
This combined digital set is a must-have for any collector!

I ordered my set as soon as the email arrived from CARC on January 8th.; and within minutes, I was browsing through these beautiful books.

Thank You for making these digital sets available!

This purchase is a "no-brainer" for anyone who loves cards.

If you haven't purchased this set, but you are reading this, on THIS site, what are you waiting for?

Will Hart
Fullerton. California

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Will - thanks for the endorsement!

Judy and I would ask that any errors or typos, etc. noticed be sent to us via email or through PCF. Also, we plan to revise the files periodically for corrections, additions, new information, etc.Those who purchased the digital version will be notified that revised files are available and sent a download link.
Tom Dawson