You are Here:
So Annoyed with the lost parcels

Author (Read 869 times)

So Annoyed with the lost parcels
« on: April 27, 2015, 09:24:48 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
My hopes are gone... 2 parcels worth $128 had been shipped 1 month ago.. and never arrived.
Post office are so hopeless  :(

Now I don't feel so secure ordering cards in a large sum.. when it is missing then its gone...  :mindf-ck:
Back for more

Re: So Annoyed with the lost parcels
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
First: where are you ordering from - where do you live?  I'm assuming you're ordering US goods from outside the country.

Second: are you sending by ordinary first class mail or are you paying for something extra, like Registered Mail, Insured, etc.?

As far as the US Postal Service is concerned, anything leaving the US can't be accurately tracked - unless you use Priority Mail Express (formerly called Express Mail).  However, it's a VERY expensive service.  Alternatives that offer tracking would be United Parcel Service (UPS) or Federal Express (FedEx).

Most shippers will not give you a great choice of service options.  For such circumstances, I've heard of some people using a mail forwarding/consolidation service such as shipi.to / shipito.com.  For a fee, you can pay DOMESTIC shipping rates to have packages sent to a US address, then when you've accumulated enough deliveries, have them repackaged into a single shipment.  I'm not entirely clear on how Customs Departments of various countries handle the packages incoming from shipito.com, though technically, at that point it's literally you shipping something to yourself (from a certain point of view, of course)!  Regardless, you have the option at that point to choose the shipping method that most appeals to you (and offers tracking, for when packages go astray, as well as insurance to reimburse you for lost, stolen or damaged packages).

The point here being - you have options.  They simply cost money.  No one ever claimed this is not a luxury hobby...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I looked into the forwarding company several weeks ago, but I am having trouble looking for the right one since I couldn't find 1 that suits me.

Both parcel had a tracking number but regular post, and for some reason they got stuck at one of the sorting facilities. 1 was ordered within Australia, which was supposed to be delivered within 3 to 4 days. But the delivery status update only showed up to the sorting facilities in another state and stopped there. I got the seller to enquire but the post office is not coming back with anything solid.
the same thing with the US parcel after it departed ASHEVILLE, NC there is no further update...

I will consider safer option in the future  :( lesson learnt.

Back for more

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

cardician

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Don't lose all hope my friend.  I ordered a deck from a Portugal eBayer into Canada and it took a lot longer then expected.  I initially thought the same as you, they lost it at the sort facility.

You will get your order sooner or later. 

Remember, the mail never fails.  When you think "Oh good, at least that bill never came."  What happens, it comes.  :D

Keep your spirits up and don't let the post offices keep you from ordering in the future.  I have done numerous purchases from eBay, Magic Shops (Worldwide), Forum Users and have always got my decks or products.

And lastly, if truly you have not received your package, most major companies (eBay, PayPal) will refund or re-send your item(s) at no cost.

Thanks,