You are Here:
Beginning collector

Author (Read 579 times)

Beginning collector
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »

ColtSAA45

• Newcomer
Hey all, my name is Charles and I have recently picked up a few vintage style Bicycle decks like the Target exclusive etc. and have become hooked on looking for more in that style to start. I like going to different stores to see what's out there, I can see how addicting this can become.
I have been reading the new release 2016 to see what and where I might find decks that interest me and I have also looked at eBay and some of the vendors who are mentioned here. Any advice is sure appreciated.

Re: Beginning collector
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hello Charles, welcome to the forum! I'm trying to remember the Target deck off the top of my head. I think it's Bicycle Chainless right, maybe it's the Autobike decks. I can't recall but there are a lot of really great decks out there with various vintage style rider backs. Sometimes the easiest way to get a hold of the nonexclusives is direct from the bike shop at bicyclecards.com if you can navigate it. It  can take some getting used.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »

ColtSAA45

• Newcomer
This is the deck I found at Target.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:46:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This is the deck I found at Target.

Target's been getting a lot of Bicycle reprint decks - the styles they use on the tuck boxes are rather interesting and very "old-timey," which I suppose is part of the appeal.  They're very different from the Bicycle Standards we see everywhere all the time.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/