Author (Read 6556 times)

Re: Krystle Here!
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Caranahan is a b*tch! Ahahaha! I <3 the Flower fan. But didn't learn it off Andre, but from babykatXD She is a genus! Ahahah! I also love her Felidae shuffle. [/purple]

Is there a generator you use to post in a rainbow, or do you spend a long time doing the UBBC yourself? :P

Oh I've memorized all the color hex and I can type really fast to post in rainbow gradient!! Ahahha! tro-LoL.

http://tektek.org

There is a generator. :) I used to play in gaiaonline.  thats why

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I like the flower fan, and Ekatrina is amazing at teaching it, along with other flourishes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:08:13 AM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
The flower fan does look pretty cool, but I don't like that it tends to mess up the deck pretty bad because of the bend you need to spring the cards. One move that really caught my attention from Genesis is the Blanco One, by that one guy right before Dave's Carnahan. It looks very elegant. :)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
The flower fan does look pretty cool, but I don't like that it tends to mess up the deck pretty bad because of the bend you need to spring the cards. One move that really caught my attention from Genesis is the Blanco One, by that one guy right before Dave's Carnahan. It looks very elegant. :)

and Ekat did it with her GOLD ARCANES! **gasps** but yeah its a deck wrecker easily fixed with a Les Pauls . :)

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

and Ekat did it with her GOLD ARCANES! **gasps** but yeah its a deck wrecker easily fixed with a Les Pauls . :)

I find it hilarious how she uses Gold Arcanes even in her PURE DVD, which was produced by Theory11.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I do plan on having another go at it once I leave for Beijing, China. The weather conditions there are PERFECT!! Cool and Dry most of the year. Little to no sweating on cards!

Just watch out for the air pollution - it can't be good for the cards.  Or for you!

I lie the flower fan, and Ekatrina is amazing at teaching it, along with other flourishes.

I've been interested in getting PURE, but I've been holding off for lack of knowing the skill level of the instruction.  Would you call it beginner, intermediate or expert level?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:40 AM »

CDXX

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Welcome to the forums Krystle hope you have fun around here and meet some cool people.  :D

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Welcome to the forum Krystlelane, I understand why you want those rare decks, alot of us feel the same. I'm into cardistry/flourishing/xcm whatever you prefer to call it, I started off with magic after becoming fascinated by David Blaine but soon stopped due to a lack of enjoyment and more of an enjoyment for cardistry. I'm not great but it does take alot of practice, the carnahan is a lovely looking move when done well, I've been practicing that and pandora mostly and its taken me along time to get to where I am with them and I have a long way to go before I can call them perfect.

Anyway that's me rambling on, it's good to have you here.
UC

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 12:18:45 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Welcome to the forum Krystlelane, I understand why you want those rare decks, alot of us feel the same. I'm into cardistry/flourishing/xcm whatever you prefer to call it, I started off with magic after becoming fascinated by David Blaine but soon stopped due to a lack of enjoyment and more of an enjoyment for cardistry. I'm not great but it does take alot of practice, the carnahan is a lovely looking move when done well, I've been practicing that and pandora mostly and its taken me along time to get to where I am with them and I have a long way to go before I can call them perfect.

Anyway that's me rambling on, it's good to have you here.

I never really was interested in magic even when I saw David Blaine. wait... let me rephrase that. I was not interested in LEARNING how the tricks work because I wanted it to remain a pure mystery and let it boggle my head. Unfortunately when you date a magician.... well yeah... So its no longer a mystery. So its kinda sad that i cant enjoy magic shows because even without really intending to do so, I tend to just try to reverse engineer or spot the moves and sleights that the performer uses. :(

At least with flourishing, PURE SKILL!! AMAZES me each and EVERY time!!!! Plus you don't have to talk and interact witht he audience. Because even if I am in performing arts (stage/theatre/musicals), I hate performing magic for other people in fear that I might mess up and reveal the SECRETS! hahahah!

Pandora... **sigh** I tried to learn that.. just did until the 2nd friggin sequence. (meh)

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 03:31:06 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
Krystlelane[/color]
I never really was interested in magic even when I saw David Blaine. wait... let me rephrase that. I was not interested in LEARNING how the tricks work because I wanted it to remain a pure mystery and let it boggle my head. Unfortunately when you date a magician.... well yeah... So its no longer a mystery. So its kinda sad that i cant enjoy magic shows because even without really intending to do so, I tend to just try to reverse engineer or spot the moves and sleights that the performer uses. :(

At least with flourishing, PURE SKILL!! AMAZES me each and EVERY time!!!! Plus you don't have to talk and interact witht he audience. Because even if I am in performing arts (stage/theatre/musicals), I hate performing magic for other people in fear that I might mess up and reveal the SECRETS! hahahah!

Pandora... **sigh** I tried to learn that.. just did until the 2nd friggin sequence. (meh) [/color]

Sorry to hear about your relationship, I wont ask anymore as I'm sure you want to keep it to yourself.

In regards to magic I was always thinking I want to know how everything was done and would try my hardest to find out, that took away from the fun of it though and alot of the time I was dissapointed with whatever it was once I realised how it was done. I still enjoy watching it very much.

Like you though I'm amazed at watching a really nice flourishing video, some people are just so good at it, the buck twins started me off and even to this day I go back and watch alot of their older videos because I enjoy them so much. When doing magic I was told to go and perform for whoever was around and it felt like I was a little show monkey, I know the people meant no harm but it meant it became a bit unejoyable to me, all the interaction and patter wasn't for me and so cardistry is the route I opted for, I'm by no means great at it though and card collecting took over but I still practice when I get the chance.

See you around here
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:32:56 PM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
At least with flourishing, PURE SKILL!! AMAZES me each and EVERY time!!!!
That's exactly why I love flourishing, even when you know how it's done it doesn't take away anything from it, because it's not about fooling the audience, it's all just being awesome! ;D

And I also feel the same about magic, once you know the secret it's not as fun anymore... But for some reason I'm still interested in gambling sleights, probably because they actually have a purpose rather than just being for show. ::)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Unfortunately when you date a magician.... well yeah... So its no longer a mystery. So its kinda sad that i cant enjoy magic shows because even without really intending to do so, I tend to just try to reverse engineer or spot the moves and sleights that the performer uses. :(
Which is why I'm lucky! Sure it's a downer that I'm not the first magician she dated and that I can't surprise her much but if I do, that means I'm doing a good job!  :D
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Unfortunately when you date a magician.... well yeah... So its no longer a mystery. So its kinda sad that i cant enjoy magic shows because even without really intending to do so, I tend to just try to reverse engineer or spot the moves and sleights that the performer uses. :(
Which is why I'm lucky! Sure it's a downer that I'm not the first magician she dated and that I can't surprise her much but if I do, that means I'm doing a good job!  :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
For me, even as a magician and knowing how certain tricks are performed, I have a real appreciation for the skill with which they're performed.  When I met David Blaine, I caught him doing a false shuffle once - but I'm positive he executed that same false shuffle during several of his other shuffles and I didn't quite spot them the other times; I just had a hunch.  Both he and Asi Wind were really hitting them out of the park that evening.  I didn't say anything at the time, just mentioned it to him afterwards - but also told him that I didn't say anything in the moment because I was simply enjoying the show, plain and simple.  There was so much he did that I couldn't pick up on, or didn't pick up on until after the fact, that the entire evening was still very memorable and fun.

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 06:07:08 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
HELLO BOYS!!! Im back to lurking here!! <3 <3 <3
how is everybody doing???

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hello there lurker and welcome back to active lurking status.  :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 06:34:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
HELLO BOYS!!! Im back to lurking here!! <3 <3 <3
how is everybody doing???

Hey, Lara!  We missed the hell out of ya!  Nice to see you breathing new life into the forum again.