You are Here:
Hello from England

Author (Read 977 times)

Hello from England
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »

CardsAndCoffeeCollective

• Newcomer
Hi everyone, my name is Tom and I'm from England. I fell deeply in love with cards and card magic through my dad when i was little, and he, having recently passed away, passed all of his cards on to me. There are some absolute gems in there, and it has rekindled my love for cards, but i felt like i needed something more. And so, I've decided to design and try and create a deck of cards. I was just looking for some advice on how i can go about that, and the cheapest, but highest quality way i can print my designs.

Thankyouuu :)

Re: Hello from England
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi everyone, my name is Tom and I'm from England. I fell deeply in love with cards and card magic through my dad when i was little, and he, having recently passed away, passed all of his cards on to me. There are some absolute gems in there, and it has rekindled my love for cards, but i felt like i needed something more. And so, I've decided to design and try and create a deck of cards. I was just looking for some advice on how i can go about that, and the cheapest, but highest quality way i can print my designs.

Thankyouuu :)

There's plenty of advice on hand in the Design and Development message board - you should check it out.

Look through Kickstarter - it's the current epicenter of most of what's going on in the custom playing card world, outside of a few commercial producers, most of which also deal in magic and cardistry.  See what other designers are doing, get a feel for what works well and what doesn't succeed.

Follow your instincts, but be prepared to take advice as well!

Feel free to create a new topic in the Design/Dev board for any ideas you may have - ask all the questions you want, we'll see how many of them we can answer!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 05:40:53 PM »

CardsAndCoffeeCollective

• Newcomer
Thanks for the reply Don. I'll definitely check that out. Kickstarter is such an exciting prospect for me looking ahead and seeing how my deck could work - It also seems quite daunting however to actually get it out there to the world of card magicians and cardists, to get feedback etc. But i'll definitely give it a try! :)

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hello Tom - and welcome :)

How special to have such a treasure from your dad - along with the inspiration to create your own deck. Hope to see your ideas take form in the D&D thread :)

*wave*
Annette :)

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »

Kruser

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • Erlanger or Bust!!
What a great way to be 'turned on' to cards!!

... I would love to see some pics of your Dad's cards! (Unless it's too personal, I get that...!)

Welcome!

Kruser

"The mind is like a parachute - It works best when it's open." - Frank Zappa