UnitedCardists.net
« on: November 02, 2011, 11:50:32 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
WTF is happening at UnitedCardist!!!

When I first started collecting cards, I was desperately looking for a group of people that loved the hobby like I do.  I came across UnitedCardists by accident, and I LOVED IT.

But something has happened.  It seems like the creators could care less, or don't have any time to dedicate to the problems that grow there on a daily basis. 

The group has asked for new moderators, I've chatted with the admins a few times.. still nothing changes.

Then... new members couldn't join, and members that were there started having internal conflicts.  Publicly bitching each other out like guests on a Jerry Springer episode.

Glimpse of hope!!!  The registration issue was fixed, and the feud subsided.

Now.. a new nuisance!  A barrage of newcomers acting like little children with no supervision.  Excuse my french, but it's f*cking annoying.

so I say again... WTF is happening at UnitedCardist!!!

I'm sending the admins an e-mail tomorrow as a last ditch attempt to get one or more of the regulars as moderators/admins.  If my messages go unanswered, I will be leaving UnitedCardists.  It needs moderation... NOW!

I've only been on this forum for a short time, and I'm really enjoying it.  It's very welcoming.
I'd just like to keep UnitedCardists thriving as well, so hopefully they finally listen.

Do any of the regulars at UC know the admins personally (i.e on facebook)

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: UnitedCardists.net
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 12:11:28 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Sebastian seems like a great guy who simply ran out of time to manage UC.

For the record, that recent thread with all the "new" members posting with each other about an idiotic review channel is all one guy. I've e-mailed the admins several times during the login/registration issues period and got no response.

Sebastian says he has plans on giving UC over to someone new and that this person will return it to its former glory. I don't think that can happen. I have a strong feeling this person is going to end up being some bloke who will use it to plug a different site he's working on.

I hope UC recovers properly, and without the drama (which is caused by one single person every week, and this person needs to be banned!).

There are a lot of amazing people on UC still, but they seem to be posting less and less due to all this idiocy.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:20:12 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I figured it was one or two people creating the accounts to be disruptive.

I just don't understand why.  What's the endgame?

I wish there was a way to block posts from certain users.

Anyway.. sorry to vent again on your site

lol

cbj
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
It's alright - I'm glad you're enjoying this community though!

The endgame is more or less to tear into the people this guy hates. He hates Russell, Diavoli and obviously me. I've banned him and his posse of idiots from this site. Probably one of the only bans I'll ever actually institute.

I just hate drama when it does nothing to improve the community.

If you do email Sebastian, please tell him to ban those IPs!

Forum Founder.