• "Simul iustus et peccator"
Title: Chinese Tweezers       
Creator: Mario Lopez
Publisher: Tango Magic
MSRP: $ 50
Skill Level: intermediate to advanced
DVD Run time: 12 minutes

Type of effect:  Classic Chinese tweezers routine

Manufacturer's Write Up: Mario Lopez is one of the recent big surprises of the world of magic. He won the second prize in Micro Magic at the most recent FISM -- his magic is original, simple, different, and fresh.

Imagine poking a pair of tweezers down through the small hole in the center of a Chinese coin, and upon pulling the tweezers back up through the hole, a large Eisenhower Dollar appears on the tip of the tweezers. Amazingly visual!! The effect can be repeated numerous times with the same audience, becoming more magical each time! This looks incredible! There are other ways to make the dollar appear - your imagination is the limit!

Now you can perform this beautiful and incredible magical routine. See what all the excitement is about!

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception.

What's in the box?  The set includes all the necessities: coins, tweezers, and a link with video instructions in both English and Spanish. The link also gives you access to 50 more coin effects

Key points: Chinese Tweezers is one of his creations, the kind of magic that can only come from a brilliant mind.

How are the production values: The entire video is shot very dimly lit. Everything blends together and there are no close up shots, which I would have liked for a coin routine.

Is it well made: Everything is 100% real, but I would have appreciated better quality tweezers at this price point.

Is it well taught: I didn’t think the video was long enough and Mario has a heavy accent.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"  It all packs in your pocket.

Does it "play big?" It’s a beautiful routine if you can perform it like this FISM winner

Difficulty / Skill level required:  This is sleight-heavy and palming heavy

How much arts and crafts are involved? None

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This is best as a table hopping routine.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
__X___ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: I was really hoping for gimmicks at this price point. I’m not a coin magician, so I don’t think I have the time or skill to sit and learn this routine.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz5HVJZqt50
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy