You are Here:
Deck Seal and Card Clips

Author (Read 3989 times)

Deck Seal and Card Clips
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »

TheBicycleGuardian

• Newcomer
Hi guys! I read the previous thread about card clips and it made me want to get my own. The only problem is, I want one that won't damage my box and that will fit all decks. I want to know which card clip you guys think is the best. I was thinking about just going for the black Joe Porper clip on Amazon. If any of you know of a better clip, tell me about it and maybe post a link? Thanks guys! Also, when I get a new deck, I always remove the seal instead of just breaking it. It's just that the bicycle deck seals all usually say the same thing and they aren't very important to me. Of course, if the seal is cool or special, I'll probably leave it on. I just feel like the seal gets in my way and lowers the elegence of the card box. So, to leave on, or not to leave on?

Re: Deck Seal and Card Clips
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Leave the seal on simply because if you don't remove it perfectly sticky glue residue will stay on the box,also go with the classic clip on dananddave.com
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 04:07:57 PM »

D_bag

• Forum Regular
Hi guys! I read the previous thread about card clips and it made me want to get my own. The only problem is, I want one that won't damage my box and that will fit all decks. I want to know which card clip you guys think is the best. I was thinking about just going for the black Joe Porper clip on Amazon. If any of you know of a better clip, tell me about it and maybe post a link? Thanks guys! Also, when I get a new deck, I always remove the seal instead of just breaking it. It's just that the bicycle deck seals all usually say the same thing and they aren't very important to me. Of course, if the seal is cool or special, I'll probably leave it on. I just feel like the seal gets in my way and lowers the elegence of the card box. So, to leave on, or not to leave on?

I hear amazing things about the proper clip.

I have the card guard from penguinmagic and I think its pretty cool. I never put an ellusionist deck in it though. I'm afarid of ruiningmy card case.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The porper clip is the best out there! Definitely a must have. And keep the seal on the deck so that residue doesn't get on the box and on the clip.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
About deck seal, breaking it and leaving it is the best way. I used to like to remove them but that's only get the box dirty. Plus leaving seal might even make the box look better if the seal is custom. For that you can know what box has any kind of seals instead of throwing them away.

About card clip, I believe proper is the best, but if you want a cheap one, maybe you could find some "made it china" clip.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 06:02:24 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I agree with phantom, just leave it on, who cares about ur seal? It is the card and the box that is the spotlight. If u really wan a nice seal that is not broken, buy a new sealed deck.

The clip is a great choice, I have one MIC clip an one porper arcane clip, the porper clip is very tight and good. The mic is not that good, it holds ur card but does not really straighten it, I normally put the mic clip with my cards and put it under a few bricks of cards.

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
if you are buying a card clips i would say that you buy a proper card clip

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Everyone keeps typing "proper"...it is actually Porper, and is the best card clip on the market. I would not put any of my decks into a clip unless it is a Porper, just too afraid on an inferior product messing my tuck box up. And, I break the seals carefully but never remove them...don't like sticky residue on my box.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok so i do not have a card clip but am interested in the classic clip from D&D don't know if it worth it though also i use to always the the seal off and never had any sticky residue left on it.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
ok so i do not have a card clip but am interested in the classic clip from D&D don't know if it worth it though also i use to always the the seal off and never had any sticky residue left on it.

The classic clip from Dan and Dave looks weird.. They don't have the M shape at the sides

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
The classic clip from Dan and Dave looks weird.. They don't have the M shape at the sides

Yah, that's what I've heard. I was watching a review for the carbon clip, and he said that the "M" makes a difference.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Yah, that's what I've heard. I was watching a review for the carbon clip, and he said that the "M" makes a difference.

It does make a difference.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyMagicStuff#p/u/52/JNJCzTeKRaE

Here is a old video that compares both of it

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok that is good to know.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
ok that is good to know.

Yea.. these clips are not like 5 or 6 dollars which u can trail and error with, they cost 30 and up to 100+ for the leather clips..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:37:23 AM by junjie04 »

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
if there is any video you should watch about the clip it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjM9dF0LrPs

The cheapest ones I found are on penguinsmagic going for $22.95 which is $7 cheaper than ellusionist.

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »

junjie04

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
if there is any video you should watch about the clip it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjM9dF0LrPs

The cheapest ones I found are on penguinsmagic going for $22.95 which is $7 cheaper than ellusionist.

I disagree with this, this is just simple physics.. There is no space in between them and this would not cause them to get crushed due to the pressure difference. You can put a block of wood and it would do simply the same, u can put a thick dictionary and it will still do the same. I dare him to take out the deck of cards and place the clip ONLY under the car, with the space in between the sides, there will be one less clip in the world.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I disagree with this, this is just simple physics.. There is no space in between them and this would not cause them to get crushed due to the pressure difference. You can put a block of wood and it would do simply the same, u can put a thick dictionary and it will still do the same. I dare him to take out the deck of cards and place the clip ONLY under the car, with the space in between the sides, there will be one less clip in the world.

yea i believe it was somewhat tricked.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Yeah, it's impossible for cards to get shrink anyway.