You are Here:
theory11

Author (Read 3699 times)

theory11
« on: October 21, 2011, 02:31:32 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
do all the cards suck like the gaurdians? Just opened mine and here is my review i HATE!!!!!!!!! them paid $7 for them and they came completely well packed (better then main sites) but the deck sucks, the box is weird, i hate the borders (never like them but they work sometimes) cards feel to slick they tried to copy the darker red pips like red dragon back and it does not work with it. I want to know if i should ever buy a theory11 deck again.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: theory11
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 04:12:46 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
you bought v1 or v2?

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:21:50 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I mean, most USPCC decks handle nearly the same nowadays. I've never found Theory11 to be innovative. They always do something awesome and abandon it for some garbage like Titanium decks.

As far as T11 decks go, design wise stick to the DeckOne and Sentinels. Handling wise, only the Bee Stingers are worth a try.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I dont know what version, bottom says 2011 so im guessing v2, well i just kinda kicking myself for buying this one.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
T11 decks usually are pretty bad in my experience with them. The only ones that I have enjoyed and are great are the Tally Ho Titaniums and the Bee Stingers.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I actually have a brick of the Guardians...granted they were free. Anyway, they are the Bicycle version, not the T11 version and they are in my opinion an ok deck...just whatever really. Don't hate em don't love em
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The Deck One and Sentinels are awesome, IMO. I didn't even realize the whole world of really cool decks existed until I saw a link to Theory 11 a few months back. I'm still learning so I may not pick up on the subtle differences between decks, but the Sentinels in particular are sweet for their design alone. I love seeing actual custom design work and not just a recoloring or minor change in suit cards.

That said, looking at my pile of decks it looks like Ellusionist wins out over T11 for me at the moment when it comes to the "bigger" companies making decks.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I fully intend on picking up a couple DeckOnes
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I fully intend on picking up a couple DeckOnes

i might get some

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
D&D has them...I kinda rather go through them than T11. Even though D&D doesn't have the best customer service.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 01:38:17 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The Deck One and Sentinels are awesome, IMO. I didn't even realize the whole world of really cool decks existed until I saw a link to Theory 11 a few months back. I'm still learning so I may not pick up on the subtle differences between decks, but the Sentinels in particular are sweet for their design alone. I love seeing actual custom design work and not just a recoloring or minor change in suit cards.

That said, looking at my pile of decks it looks like Ellusionist wins out over T11 for me at the moment when it comes to the "bigger" companies making decks.

I think Sentinels handle isn't good at all.
Good that I bought ust one.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Sentinels is another I need to get, though now that you warn me I will probably only get 2.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
D&D doesn't have the best customer service.

Yah. It took a month and a half to receive my v6's. They wouldn't answer my emails, and whenever I posted on their Facebook that I didn't get them, instead of answering the question, they deleted it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
oh man...don't get me started on no delivery of cards again lol. I'm not going to get on a D&D rant on a T11 page. Maybe we should start a page dedicated to each site, because we keep getting side tracked. So this one will belong to T11
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
oh man...don't get me started on no delivery of cards again lol. I'm not going to get on a D&D rant on a T11 page. Maybe we should start a page dedicated to each site, because we keep getting side tracked. So this one will belong to T11
Looks like thats exactly what you did! shah  :D

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Indeed it is lol...so now we have a home for each of the big timers
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Good! It will make things easier.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 05:11:00 AM »

EduardTodor

My mate actually liked the guardians....thats weird

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Yah. It took a month and a half to receive my v6's. They wouldn't answer my emails, and whenever I posted on their Facebook that I didn't get them, instead of answering the question, they deleted it.

They deleted my post on facebook too.
But I believe they have Syd at customer service already, and they do their own facebook.
So, you have to contact syd not them.

Syd is really good at customer service but he alone can't work too fast.

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
So T11 is claiming their new deck is unlike anything that is out
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I've actually had a funny story from them in the past. Their website's store had a huge glitch in that it didn't request separate shipping charges for different items.

So when the v6's came out I naturally got very excited when 12 books, two uncuts and a brick of v6 cost me only $14 in shipping. Three weeks later I contact them about the whereabouts of my package, and am replied to with "Yeah you'll need to pay an extra $30-something for shipping before we send them out."

After some conversations and, for some reason, Syd getting Dan involved in the mix, things were sorted out and I received my stuff. I'm pretty sure they held a bit of a grudge, but hey - if our store craps out months from now and randomly gives people free shipping, that's not on you guys it's on me.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I've actually had a funny story from them in the past. Their website's store had a huge glitch in that it didn't request separate shipping charges for different items.

So when the v6's came out I naturally got very excited when 12 books, two uncuts and a brick of v6 cost me only $14 in shipping. Three weeks later I contact them about the whereabouts of my package, and am replied to with "Yeah you'll need to pay an extra $30-something for shipping before we send them out."

After some conversations and, for some reason, Syd getting Dan involved in the mix, things were sorted out and I received my stuff. I'm pretty sure they held a bit of a grudge, but hey - if our store craps out months from now and randomly gives people free shipping, that's not on you guys it's on me.

dont we already get free shipping?

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 11:54:39 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
@mr.magic founders get free shipping for life from aether cards. once they are able to produce decks without kickstarter then people that were to short sighted to see the potential in aether will have to pay shipping.

at least i think that's the way it is.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok but he said if it randomly gives us free shipping, i guess he is talking for people who dont have founder status then. thank you.

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 06:13:54 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I would assume that is what he meant, but we have deviated from topic
Magical as Sin!