You are Here:
Animosity in the MarketWow, I think its time that some of us sit back, take off

Author (Read 4013 times)

SeanWhelan

• Discourse Lover

I've read all of the responses on this thread and I find it really interesting. It is weird that a lot of decks are coming out right now and who knows why. I explained my reason behind the Galvanic deck and I'm sure other artist have there own stories which I would love to hear.

For now I feel we shouldn't look down at upcoming cards. We are collectors, magicians, cardist etc etc. Everytime i see a new deck of cards I always say oooo sweet I'll be getting that down the road. Will I get them at first release? I almost never do.

More cards on the market just means now we can have selective taste when it comes to our collection or performence (Goth routines can use dark cards, funny magicians can use an upbeat bright color deck etc etc)

Playing cards will be playing cards in my eyes and will never change so I'm excited to see other decks come out
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:22:43 AM by SeanWhelan »
Creator/Designer of Bicycle Galvanic Playing cards

PoundFFFFFF

• Elite Member
...Why don't we all just mail our ideas to one of the big magic companies and see if they're willing to produce them? Filters out the trash and gets rid of the funding problem. (NOT Diavoli, don't ever go to Diavoli)

SeanWhelan

• Discourse Lover

or...why not have all these underground artist collab for one deck...The Artist Deck : P

Each artist can share there input, ideas, themes and turn it into one deck. each artist will be able to work on the card designs themselves.

Would be awesome to see

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Collabs would be an immense amount of fun, and would end up with an amazing quality deck of cards. However, the problem is always profit sharing.

If I were to ever do a collab, it would be under the condition that 100% of the profits go to charity. Perhaps something like Child's Play (heck, we could even donate a few hundred decks as well).
Forum Founder.

SeanWhelan

• Discourse Lover

I agree 100% with you on that alex. Personally I would give my share to barrett's esophagus charities

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
A charity deck sounds like an awesome idea.  The only thing that might scuttle it is the old adage "too many cooks spoil the broth."  The more people working on it, the more diverse the ideas that will come across the table.  You need to assemble a reasonably like-minded bunch.

BTW, everyone: I can see a VERY simple reason why there's some many decks coming out now.  It's not just a cresting tide of people wanting to cash in on collectors (though that does factor in) or designers wanting to show off their skills (also factors in).  It's the same reason why toy retailers come out with their hottest releases now - it's bleedin' CHRISTMAS SEASON!  Any company that can wants products coming out of the pipeline for people to buy as gifts.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:01:47 AM by Good@Sabacc »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/