New Deck -- Bicycle Limbo

Author (Read 6476 times)

Re: New Deck -- Bicycle Limbo
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 01:48:57 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
How about I release the developer's board so that anyone who creates art or aspires to can jump into the discussions and enjoy?  :)

Totally agree. So that we will have a real good design decks coming out.
And to prevent the lame design decks that are releasing right now.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
How about I release the developer's board so that anyone who creates art or aspires to can jump into the discussions and enjoy?  :)

YES! That would be awesome! I draw a lot and hope to someday design a deck and I think that that board would be awesome to gain knowledge from and would be great for others who want to have their designs reviewed and whatnot. This forum just keeps getting better and better!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 06:53:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I dunno.  I thought the two designs I saw here looked OK.  I'll immediately grant that they're not "classic" in design, and look a little more modern/Photoshoppy than I think the designer may have been shooting for.

Of the more classic modern decks, things like Artifice, White Lions, Bike Premier Back and D&D v4-6 seem to hearken back to classic design elements; simple, elegant, perhaps with a dash of style.  This back looked like it wanted to look more like that but something went a little wrong in the process and isn't quite gellin' like Magellan...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:54:17 AM by Good@Sabacc »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:42 AM »

Aron Prins

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Here is the background on the deck.

Rob from Modern Manipulator asked me to design a card for him in May of this year.  I was just starting work on my Kickstarter (Brimstone) and I could not finish the deck/design he wanted.  Also, MM was disbanded(?) so I gave him the designs to modify and edit how he wanted to.  I was way to busy at the time to finish the back or start on the fronts.  Rob is now working with another company and they are redesigning the deck with my permission.

I wish him all the luck and I would like to see the project take off for him and his new venture.

- Russell

---edit---

This deck is in no way associated with Circle City Card Co. and it is not our next project.   It was a 1/2 finished design I worked on 6 months ago and I let Rob and his new team modify/redesign them.

Circle City Cards is going to announce our next deck in January 2012 and have it ready to go by Spring.

Hey everyone,

Just to notify you all - ModernManipulator will launch THIS monday, and is not disbanded. It was taken over by TotallyWP ;)

Cheers,
Aron