∞ Infinity Edition Galaxy Cards ∞ (KS)
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Infinity Edition Galaxy Cards

Project by AlieN InK
$88 goal, 7th created, $20 for the first LE deck, and $15 for add ons, 8 day funding, at $1.837 after 9 hrs

Since this project's ∞Infinity Edition∞ contains design pieces of the 3rd Edition, we will not be showing any images of the ∞Infinity Edition∞ deck on Kickstarter. This is a secret design and is a very limited print.
When will you know what this deck looks like? When you open it. Sounds exhilarating doesn't it?
∞Breaking New Ground∞

Alien Ink has been there first in many ways on KS:

∞ 1st to print a deck with pips based on objects other than the standard set. (Planets, Flowers etc)

∞ 1st to offer full function Mini decks with full color tucks and cardistry finish

∞ 1st to offer Plastic Decks as add-ons to a paper deck

∞ 1st to offer decks signed in UV ink

This project is no different.

This will be the first successful Kickstarter deck with no images shown.

They did $4,812 on their last project that lasted 30 days  :-\

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: ∞ Infinity Edition Galaxy Cards ∞ (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Ok, I know I'm new to all this but, WHAAAAAAAAAT?  ??? ??? ???

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »

Fred

• Discourse Lover
  • Dis legit binnis

∞Breaking New Ground∞

∞ 1st to print a deck with pips based on objects other than the standard set. (Planets, Flowers etc)

∞ 1st to offer full function Mini decks with full color tucks and cardistry finish

There's something seriously wrong with this company. Buyer beware.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:28:42 PM by Fred »
Alex, stop fucking with my name you phegget. xx

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

∞Breaking New Ground∞

Yeah, we've had a number of encounters with this guy before.  He switched to off-brand printing when he could never raise enough funds for a USPC print run.  He's also had dissatisfied customers before, complaining he never delivered.

Let's take his claims one at a time, shall we?

To which I say, "This guy has no clue about playing card history whatsoever."  Plenty of decks, some dating hundreds of years, have used "non-standard" pip sets.  Now if he claimed he was the ten thousandth, perhaps...

OK, so what?  Cardistry for infants?  A waste of paper, really...and what, exactly, is a cardistry finish?

...because most magicians, cardists and collectors don't bother with plastic decks, so no one's been foolish enough to offer it...

Is this guy's signature so bad that he had to hide it with UV ink?  Seriously - get one of those "Spy Gear" pens and sign away, people!  Maybe he's disinclined to be identified...

That might be true.  It probably has a lot to do with it also being the only Kickstarter deck with a goal below US$100...

Simply put, this deck was mediocre in the first version - he ignored most of the advice people around here gave him to improve the design, making everyone wonder why he ever bothered to ask.  The second version was worse.  This is likely a continuing trend - and a stupid one, at that.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »

AndyCrofford

• Newcomer

∞Breaking New Ground∞

Yeah, we've had a number of encounters with this guy before.  He switched to off-brand printing when he could never raise enough funds for a USPC print run.  He's also had dissatisfied customers before, complaining he never delivered.

Let's take his claims one at a time, shall we?

To which I say, "This guy has no clue about playing card history whatsoever."  Plenty of decks, some dating hundreds of years, have used "non-standard" pip sets.  Now if he claimed he was the ten thousandth, perhaps...

OK, so what?  Cardistry for infants?  A waste of paper, really...and what, exactly, is a cardistry finish?

...because most magicians, cardists and collectors don't bother with plastic decks, so no one's been foolish enough to offer it...

Is this guy's signature so bad that he had to hide it with UV ink?  Seriously - get one of those "Spy Gear" pens and sign away, people!  Maybe he's disinclined to be identified...

That might be true.  It probably has a lot to do with it also being the only Kickstarter deck with a goal below US$100...

Simply put, this deck was mediocre in the first version - he ignored most of the advice people around here gave him to improve the design, making everyone wonder why he ever bothered to ask.  The second version was worse.  This is likely a continuing trend - and a stupid one, at that.

This is not a deck I will back but he does say "Alien Ink has been there first in many ways on KS" not "ever in the history of playing cards!".

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

This is not a deck I will back but he does say "Alien Ink has been there first in many ways on KS" not "ever in the history of playing cards!".

Point taken.  We have some history with this guy in this board, though.  We have a hard time taking him seriously.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I'm sorry. I know I'm late to the party, but WHAT.

20 bucks for a deck you've never even SEEN?
"When will you know what this deck looks like? When you open it. Sounds exhilarating doesn't it?"

Who the hell would back this nightmare? Do we have anyone here who backed it? What was the creator smoking when he made this? Who the hell's printing it? How did he raise over 4 grand? Why was the goal $88? What did the update 5 days ago say?

Dear lord, so many questions.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

"When will you know what this deck looks like? When you open it. Sounds exhilarating doesn't it?"

Who the hell would back this nightmare? Do we have anyone here who backed it? What was the creator smoking when he made this? Who the hell's printing it? How did he raise over 4 grand? Why was the goal $88? What did the update 5 days ago say?

I guess the old adage needs to be amended: "You can fool 155 of the people all of the time..."

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

I guess the old adage needs to be amended: "You can fool 155 of the people all of the time..."

...but only Altius management and Department of Design can fool a thousand people some of the time.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 11:48:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

...but only Altius management and Department of Design can fool a thousand people some of the time.

Sheesh.  Tell me about it.  I pledged for Bicycle Asylum - beautiful art - but didn't go in for the Founders deck.