Title: Darskide
Creator: Chris Ramsay       
Publisher: Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $ 20
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 27 minutes

Type of effect: card reversal

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Chris Ramsay's latest heart-stopper has been flooring spectators with an incredibly open and fair card reversal. His newest creation, Darkslide, gives you the ability to visually reverse the spectator's selection, in an open display of a fully fanned deck, right in front of their eyes, with nothing more than the flick of your finger. Most card reversals involve some sort of knuckle busting move, however Darkslide takes away all the hard work and allows you to perform such a feat with a simple gesture.

The plot is simple and powerful. They select their card, it's placed into a fanned deck, with a quick drag of your finger, they see their card visually reverse itself.

- Included gimmick resets in seconds
- Super easy to learn & perform
- Simple online video instructions included

How accurate is the ad copy? No deception here

What's in the box? Gimmick and download code

Key points: Chris tries to give credit where credit is due by acknowledging Ed Marlo for the idea

How are the production values: Chris is seated between two wall dividers talking to a light and camera. Chris' video is artistic, creative and fun to watch, he gives you straight on shots as well as over the shoulder teaching.

Is it well made: The gimmick is a powerhouse. Chris has rebuilt this classic from the ground up with a Hemi engine and blaupunkt speakers.

Is it well taught: Chris is a terrific entertainer and an approachable teacher. The live performances you see in the commercial are not included

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I love that Chris has an added a cool factor to this classic of card magic.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" The gimmick fits seamlessly into your deck if you remove your jokers

Does it "play big?" The card reversal is a classic of card magic, Chris makes it perfectly assessable for anyone

Difficulty / Skill level required: You will need know how to force a card. Yes, Chris executes a perfect fan in the trailer, but that is not required.

How much arts and crafts are involved? zero

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) this is a real world worker.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X     Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Chris does mention that your gimmick is solid for around 100 performances and then may need some attention. This is an easy fix (or) just buy another one! $20 for 100 performances is a bargain !

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o16Gzrttjio
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy