Author (Read 671 times)

Hello
« on: October 29, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »

quinn1295

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hello

I am a card collector from Atlanta, GA. I am not new but, I just can't seem to get a grip on navigating around forums. I love collecting playing cards of all kinds. I support way too many Kickstarter projects as they have labeled me a super backer. I think that is their way of letting me know I may need to join a support group. At any rate I am going to try and see if I can get this forum figured out so I can start enjoying it.  I also noticed I have 7 posts and a reputation of negative -1. Ho is your reputation measured? How do you get a positive reputation? The shame of it all :( frustrating  :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:01:10 AM by quinn1295 »
Mike Quinn

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:21:58 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Hello and welcome the forums.

Trust me, you're not the first person with a collection problem here ;)

Reputation is pretty much anyone giving you a point feedback for what you post. Sometimes people are weird and odd or they butter finger it on their phone or something. It's not a big deal.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »

quinn1295

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
LOL. I just need a few more replies and I wil have a reputation of 1 then.
Mike Quinn

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 02:58:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello

I am a card collector from Atlanta, GA. I am not new but, I just can't seem to get a grip on navigating around forums. I love collecting playing cards of all kinds. I support way too many Kickstarter projects as they have labeled me a super backer. I think that is their way of letting me know I may need to join a support group. At any rate I am going to try and see if I can get this forum figured out so I can start enjoying it.  I also noticed I have 7 posts and a reputation of negative -1. Ho is your reputation measured? How do you get a positive reputation? The shame of it all :( frustrating  :(

I'll see if I can give you a few tips.

First of all, regarding reputation.  It's not really a big deal.  When someone likes one of your posts, they can click "Good Poster" in the little profile section to the left of the post and you get one point added to your reputation.  If they don't like it, they can click "Bad Poster" and you lose one point of reputation.  Think of it more like a popularity contest than anything else!  It serves exactly one practical purpose on the forum - for people who aren't already 52+J members, they have prerequisites before they can post in the Sales, Trades and In Search Of (STISO) topics, one of which being a reputation score of at least one.  Yours is now a one, not a negative one (at least at the time I'm writing this), but you're a 52+J member - your only prerequisite is that you read and abide by the STISO boards' rules.

Regarding keeping up in the forums, it's simpler than it looks, at least if you want to simply stay current.  When you've logged in, the upper right part of the screen will say "Hello quinn1295", then the date and time the page loaded, then there's two links below that.  Click on "Show unread posts since last visit."  You'll see a list of all the new posts since the last time you logged in, thereby allowing you to remain current pretty easily.  The forum's not insanely busy - it's fairly simple to keep up if you log in once a day or a few times a week.

Of course, if you want to do a little searching around for some info about older decks or previous topics that might cover something of interest to you, feel free to use the search feature.  We don't mind people reviving old topics, as long as they're doing so by adding something meaningful rather than something equivalent to "Yeah, me too!" or something similarly spammy!  If you can't find something that you're interested in using search, make a new topic and perhaps someone around here knows the info you're looking for.

Welcome aboard, thanks for posting and make yourself comfortable!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/