Hi everyone! I'm a collector too!
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

Court Pip and Tuck

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
  • Hello and a good day to you!

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
"I may have posted this introduction on someone's board thread by mistake, I apologize"

Hello fellow collectors!  I'm originally from St. Paul Minnesota, but have been living in Dayton Ohio US for the last 30+ years. I've been a fan of Magic since the age of 11 when my parents bought me a Mattel brand "Show Stoppers" Magic kit. I love it and practiced my tricks. I performed for family and friend over a few years and then seemed to move on, but still a fan. Jump ahead from 1969 to 2015... My 12 year old son calls me to watch something on You-Tube... Magic!  He was interested and amazed with the tricks a Magician could perform! So, after making sure he was indeed interested and truly amazed to the point of wanting to learn and possibly perform... I unpacked my original 45 year old "Show Stoppers" kit and welcomed him to the fray. He's excited, learning, frustrated, impatient, motivated and amazed!! With his interest, the flame of my love of Magic and "always" Decks of Playing Cards, has rekindled my desire to again learn Magic, and to start collecting Deck of beautiful, artistic, decks.  I hope this wasn't too winded. Thanks for reading! I look forward to growing with you and to attend an upcoming convention or two in the next year.  Tommy
Tommy Collins
Longtime fan of Magic and admirer of artful decks of Playing Cards. Dabble in the performance of both since 2015.

Re: Hi everyone! I'm a collector too!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 02:35:28 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Welcome to the forum Tommy. You've landed in the right place for beautiful, artistic decks and people who love them. Some great timing as well, the 52 + Joker convention is coming up and not too far from your area. I love the Magna Carta decks too, Alexander Chin's work is amazing. Be on the look out for his next KS campaign launching sometime soon.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Hi everyone! I'm a collector too!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:38:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
"I may have posted this introduction on someone's board thread by mistake, I apologize"

It's cool - I removed it for you!

Welcome, Tommy, glad to have you.  The forum's run by 52 Plus Joker, a club of playing card collectors.  You might recognize the name of the club's current president, Lee Asher - he's a prominent magician, an American now based in Toronto and working with Greg Frewin out of his theater in Niagara Falls.

Feel free to ask questions - we don't haze the newbies!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/