You are Here:
Catalog of Vintage/Antique Card Backs

Author (Read 24250 times)

Re: Catalog of Vintage/Antique Card Backs
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 08:24:56 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
The Conjuring Arts Research Center has a project underway to catalog backs from the early USA makers. Also Jackson Robinson is working on a major project called the Card Guild which is attempting to build a database of old USPC decks including the backs for each brand.

These are huge undertakings and Judy and I have agreed to add whatever knowledge and information we have to these projects. It would be a great idea Cryptocard if you could contact Bill Kalush at CARC and Jackson and offer to add your knowledge and information to their efforts.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

Re: Antique Playing Card Backs project.
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

spindles

I wish to combine in an article or a booklet, most of the backs which were used by several us playing card makers.

While I am new to collecting, I am a museum studies grad who loves historical research. Please let me know if you ever need help researching something.

Best of luck with your project.

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »

Calumcards

• Newcomer
Thats awesome! I'm not sure if this deck is bee, but i found it somewhere and was wondering if anyone knows what it is.

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 11:38:26 AM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thats awesome! I'm not sure if this deck is bee, but i found it somewhere and was wondering if anyone knows what it is.

It is not a Bee deck but the second back (Shield) of the Helmet #119 deck, pictured in the Hochman Encyclopedia p. 102. I have one copy in my collection, pictured below, with the other back (Helmet).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:42:00 AM by Cryptocard27 »

Catalog of Vintage/Antique Card
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 02:20:12 PM »

PoMa K

• Newcomer

• Windows Live:
norsk - Yes, I tried to look up their regs, it looks like 1841 is still antique so that is what I am trying to do - find somebody down under who can ship:
Going to their boards seems like a great idea, thank you
Would you happen to know their boards website?

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »

Dufus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Collector of U.S. playing cards 1930s or earlier.
The Conjuring Arts Research Center has a project underway to catalog backs from the early USA makers. Also Jackson Robinson is working on a major project called the Card Guild which is attempting to build a database of old USPC decks including the backs for each brand.

These are huge undertakings and Judy and I have agreed to add whatever knowledge and information we have to these projects. It would be a great idea Cryptocard if you could contact Bill Kalush at CARC and Jackson and offer to add your knowledge and information to their efforts.

Has there been any progress?  Has there been a 'backs' page added to this site?  As a collector, I have many decks that need more info about their backs and I'm always struggling to find information on back designs. 

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 11:37:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Has there been any progress?  Has there been a 'backs' page added to this site?  As a collector, I have many decks that need more info about their backs and I'm always struggling to find information on back designs.

Have you tried contacting Jackson Robinson or Bill Kalush? Those two seem to be the one spearheading the effort so it would make the most sense to reach out to them.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/