You are Here:
Circle City

Author (Read 7221 times)

Re: Circle City
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Ok allow me to return to being civil and see if this turns on any lights for you. I ordered the cards around 2 months ago. You did not send them. Around Sept 27th you say they are being sent. Again, you did not send them. And now you are saying again "they are in the mail", 2 months from order. What I am trying to get through to you is this; no matter how many time you repeat "They are in the mail", you have not fixed your shortcoming. It is by no means ok to send someone's order 2 months late and then give them a "deal with it" attitude. I am soon to be a business owner myself, and I assure you that this would not happen. If by some reason I allow my customers to pay for something and I do not deliver in a timely fashion, I would offer some form of compensation and a heartfelt apology so to ensure their business in the future. Not only have you not offered any compensation, but as everyone can now see from the above discussion, you basically told me to go screw myself.

So mark these words to everyone out there that may do business with me in the future. Something like this will not happen. I will not send out your order months after you purchase it. If for some reason I do, what merchandise you have ordered will be refunded and you keep the goods as my apology for making a business booboo. This will be my promise to the customer from the owner. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:44:00 PM by sinsandman »
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Taking sides is of no interest to me at this point. I am wondering though, Russell isn't that conversation public anyway? It looks like it has been posted on a Facebook wall which without a doubt gets more traffic than this thread.

The "learning as we go" mentality is one I can respect, though. I'm not sure refunding the entire purchase price and letting the person keep the product is ever a wise business decision, but refunding shipping seems to be the staple practice for orders that fall through like that.

Still, you have to remember that the only way you can improve on a mistake and make people happy is if you have the funds to do so. Giving out free stuff is a huge loss, and when it is done I see it more as either a show of how big the company is and how much money they make, or as a sign of them giving up or not caring about the bottom line.

When the bottom line is disregarded, all of a sudden you don't have the means to print the next deck, which means hundreds/thousands of people are now depressed.

Yep, I guess business is a catch-22.

/2cents
Forum Founder.

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
IMO, all you did wrong was tell him the decks were in the mail when clearly they weren't.  That was a massive fuck up. 

I pledged on the revision deck because I liked it but it does still say 'coming in September' on your site.  Now, I have no idea when but I know that my bank account is going to take a hit at some stage soon; you can surely see how that could be a problem for the customer, especially without solid updates from you. 

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Your points are valid ones, Alex. I have done far too much online buying for me to recall just how much, but in all that business I have never had a problem like the one here. I guess that is where I found grounds on making the promise I did in regards to the free product. My thoughts on doing so were more a show of confidence in what will become my customer service, than a show of money or lack of caring. I do see clearly how it can be seen as such though. I have worked several places that have recognized my "making the customer happy" (not fast food lol). I find that a company can stand on or crumble by their customer service. I must say that Alex and team have paid extra attention to their foundation (the supporters), and would do what they could to make things right if a problem were to ever arise. Other companies such as Ellusionist and Blue Crown also have spot on customer service.

I do not see how posting a word for word conversation can be taken out of context, but that is not here nor there. I have said my piece and I am done doing so on this topic. Everyone is free to make their own judgments and decisions. And to be completely honest, my grudges only last as long as they are fueled. If CC turned things around in their customer service department, I would not be opposed to supporting them again...but until then, I just want what I paid for and call it good until down the road. Americana looked like a great deck too, I'll hit up ebay or a private seller to get a couple.

@Kanped, your account should have already taken the hit on the Revision. I know mine did. At the end of its funding time they charged all the pledges, so you should be good on that. We now just wait patiently for them to actually be made. Much love to Adam and his original thinking on this deck.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:45:11 PM by sinsandman »
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so 1st this seems like an argument out loud and I feel this is not the place, but i do see why you (sinsandman) posted it here. Also this is how I see it Sinsandman I understand your anger at not getting the decks, i would be the same way but ranting it everywhere does not help. letting people know that you got screwed over is just ranting does not help, also to circlecity i would say why do kickstarter people 1st i would think good business would be for when in order comes in you ship them asap not a few months later, i would say 2 weeks at most. i feel that if i was a business owner i would do as brandon said and truely fix the problem as soon as i was contacted i would ship the cards and throw in a free bonus to show that im sorry. honestly after the drama i have seen i will not be buying from circle city i will wait till they are on ebay or another seller i know, i do not care if i pay more i would like my decks in a week with even the cheapest shipping.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.