You are Here:
David Blaine 2017 Tour Signature Limited Edition?

Author (Read 3770 times)

David Blaine 2017 Tour Signature Limited Edition?
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:58:03 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Hi guys, this one popup on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/132222584169?rmvSB=true today

Anyone here joint Blaine Tour can tell me how much for a box set actually? sure that Blaine will put the deck on his website later, so i just want to know if this prices reasonable or not.
also, have you guys know anything about "White Lions Tour Edition" either?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:59:30 PM by crazyfandecks »

Re: David Blaine 2017 Tour Signature Limited Edition?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I know nothing about a White Lions Tour Edition.

$150 sounds like a lot for two decks of cards, but you have to factor in that you'll probably have a tough time finding these without actually going to his show.  I won't get to because he's not coming to the NYC Metro area, apparently...

The Gold Gatorbacks are the same ones he was previously selling on his website - they're pretty rare as it is, no?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
I got notice from a VIP pass holder to the Blaine show that this deck was 1 of the "not for sale decks" that Blaine was giving away at his event ONLY to the VIP Guest.

He was giving away this one deck signed or 1 gold gatorback deck signed to every VIP pass holder (along with a DB bag, some other White Lions decks and a DB Cap)

The interesting thing is that there is a chance theres another tour exclusive (White) Deck, we got a pic of the deck (but was blurred because Blaine asked the kid not to show it online)

Out of respect for Blaine i wouldn't be selling it online, but I guess some people just need the money.

This one deck seems to be the same as the Microsoft deck bot Black and Gold

Form Follows Function

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Someone put the White Lions Tour deck up on eBay...looks nice...he also has the other deck in a separate listing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Blaine-White-Lions-tour-playing-cards-black-new-rare/201960680095?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The deck that seems to be like the MS Create Magic deck in black and gold is the reverse of the Eye in the Spade deck, which I was printed by EPCC (like the MS Create Magic deck).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:03:33 PM by Cardfool »

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
His ABC box set went for $100 + shipping. Wonder if either of these will ever show up on his website?

There are bricks of the White Lion Tour deck up on ebay now too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:05:36 PM by Shade »

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
by the time I saw him in Texas - the black deck had sold out, the red was on its way to selling out and they were putting the 2012 White Lions out for sale
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 01:51:02 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
I got the chance to meet David at his tour (paid for the VIP package), it was a bittersweet experience.

While i got a proper photo with him and got a signed black and gold tour deck, i was very disappointed to learn that the black and red editions of the white lions tour edition decks and the black and gold tour deck were sold out (i went to one of his final shows in San Antonio).

Plenty of people confirmed me that all the decks were available at some point of his shows, but i only got to choose between gold gatorbacks and $50 signed red white lions tour edition, In my opinion and as a collector of DB decks, those options were less than ideal and of course were not something i was looking forward to.

His show was amazing, i got to take a pic with Asi Wind (which completely ignored some stuff that i asked him, thanks Asi!) and got to hang out with other magicians.

I wanted to give David some stuff that i made for him (magic stuff), but his staff didn't want him to get the stuff so i had to argue with them for like an hour before the show started and it wasn't until i told them that i came all the way from México just to see him, that they accepted what i gave him.

I was really angry that at the end of the show some people got "aftershow" passes and got to see and chat with David a lot more time that the VIPs did.
It really defeated the point of paying all that money to get to meet him for some minutes :/ if i had the opportunity i would have paid for that after show pass.

Anyway, not taking away anything from the show, it was great its just a shame that its always the same with Blaine, no consistency with what he sells, total surprises.

Some other people told me that in the VIP bag they got signed gold gatorbacks instead of the new deck, kinda sad :/.

Form Follows Function

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 02:49:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I got the chance to meet David at his tour (paid for the VIP package), it was a bittersweet experience.

While i got a proper photo with him and got a signed black and gold tour deck, i was very disappointed to learn that the black and red editions of the white lions tour edition decks and the black and gold tour deck were sold out (i went to one of his final shows in San Antonio).

Plenty of people confirmed me that all the decks were available at some point of his shows, but i only got to choose between gold gatorbacks and $50 signed red white lions tour edition, In my opinion and as a collector of DB decks, those options were less than ideal and of course were not something i was looking forward to.

His show was amazing, i got to take a pic with Asi Wind (which completely ignored some stuff that i asked him, thanks Asi!) and got to hang out with other magicians.

I wanted to give David some stuff that i made for him (magic stuff), but his staff didn't want him to get the stuff so i had to argue with them for like an hour before the show started and it wasn't until i told them that i came all the way from México just to see him, that they accepted what i gave him.

I was really angry that at the end of the show some people got "aftershow" passes and got to see and chat with David a lot more time that the VIPs did.
It really defeated the point of paying all that money to get to meet him for some minutes :/ if i had the opportunity i would have paid for that after show pass.

Anyway, not taking away anything from the show, it was great its just a shame that its always the same with Blaine, no consistency with what he sells, total surprises.

Some other people told me that in the VIP bag they got signed gold gatorbacks instead of the new deck, kinda sad :/.

Wow, it's a shame that you had the experience that you did.

I'm not surprised about his crew making a fuss about accepting items from you.  It's not entirely uncommon to hear about that sort of thing among celebrities.

As far as the after-show crowd getting more time with him than the pre-show VIPs, again, that's not surprising to me.  In general, you'll find there's a lot more time to relax AFTER the show's over than before, not to mention that the pressure to put on a good performance is over.  It would hold true with pretty much any performer, not just a magician.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Yeah, I know its kinda selfish to just ask for more time with him and all, but i did end up with that bittersweet experience because of all that stuff that happened.

Im writing and email to DBs crew in hopes that i will get some kind of  answer on the items i gave him and at the very least an acknowledgement.

Im trying not to pass by as an ungrateful and entitled fan but DB hasn't been keeping its promises with me.

He promised that in exchange for a secret activity that i was to do for him, (It was an instagram secret assignment to get to appear on one of his TV specials) he would sent us "something". Im still waiting for anything to be sent.

Sooooo yeah, im a little mad about his show.
Form Follows Function