You are Here:
What year this deck was made?

Author (Read 807 times)

What year this deck was made?
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »

e-jay07

• Newcomer
I found two of these and trying to identify what year they were made in. I'm attaching some picture. I'm still new to collecting cards (~2 years). I tried to do all my homework, but still couldn't exactly date them. 

The code on the ace of space has the letter "C". Based on Lee Asher's table, it could be 2001 or 1981.

It also has a long flap, which I don't know when USPCC stopped using it. If anyone can share that with us.

Also one of the AD cards has "For over 100 years". So i'm not sure what date I should reference.

I will be looking forward to know how to date these cards.

Re: What year this deck was made?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »

Crazy Gizmo

First USPCC was founded in 1885 which would make 1985 " 100 years" of operation, second the bluse seals were used until 2009 as for the long flap tuck on the box was used up until they moved the factory to KY when they changed the box, which was in 2009.  So i would place this particualr deck as 2001  8) 8) 8)

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:35 PM »

andrew daugherty

• 52 Plus Joker Member
The words "playing cards" are in a more modern font on the front of the box -- not in a font used on USPC boxes in the 1980s. I would agree with 2001. If you want another clue, look for the four-digit codes on the "extra" cards in the deck.  Those should be closer to 2001 as well.

Enjoy the deck, a typical and common Bike jumbo index pack. 

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »

e-jay07

• Newcomer
Thank you guys for your responses and information posted. I appreciate this information as it will help me identify more cards that I find.

I hoped it would be a 1981 deck though... but i'm happy with the knowledge I gained from the post.