You are Here:
Halloween Deck by Natalia Silva

Author (Read 1061 times)

Halloween Deck by Natalia Silva
« on: October 11, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
We at Penguin are so proud to have teamed up again with Natalia Silva for a fantastic holiday deck.

After working with her on the Christmas deck, we took a similar transformation-style approach to creating the Halloween deck, which is now available for preorder over at Penguin.  We have single deck, 3-pack, and 12-pack levels, each of which ship absolutely free in the US.

Check out some photos and a hands-on video at the link below.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7594

Happy Halloween!!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

Re: Halloween Deck by Natalia Silva
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 05:23:11 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
You had me at Orange pips! Creepy eyeballs on that jack-o haha. There are tons of skull decks out I'm glad this didn't go that direction. I like the look from what I could see on the video. The card back is a little simple but that's part of Natalia's style lately. Good stuff, looking forward to this deck and I will pick up a few. Candy corns haha, horrible in the mouth outstanding on the card face. :))
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Halloween Deck by Natalia Silva
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:31:28 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Haha, thanks Fess!

Agreed, skulls are pretty cool, but used quite often in playing cards overall, not just Halloween ones.  We wanted something a little more fun and lively.

The back design was intentionally not over-the-top, since the focus of the customization is more about the faces.  With the back, we really just wanted to capture the essence of the overall autumn season.

And even more agreed on candy corn - great to use as a design element, but I sure don't want to eat it.  I need to dig up the clip of Louis Black discussing candy corn in his stand-up act...
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com