LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic

Author (Read 38024 times)

LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Allow me to introduce you to our second in what we hope to be a long line of Discourse Agents with an official topic - "Legends P.C.C."!

Lawrence Sullivan and his staff will be checking in soon, so keep an eye out for their first post and give them a big welcome!  Their playing cards are as "legendary" as their company name!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Allow me to introduce you to our second in what we hope to be a long line of Discourse Agents with an official topic - "Legends P.C.C."!

Lawrence Sullivan and his staff will be checking in soon, so keep an eye out for their first post and give them a big welcome!  Their playing cards are as "legendary" as their company name!

Lawrence Sullivan is a class act! Besides being an amazing and talented magician, he is one of the nicest people I've had the experience of following on Twitter. If you are not following Lawrence or Legends P.C.C., I highly recommend you do.
@LawrenceSully @LegendsPCC 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:33:50 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer
  • Legends Playing Card Co.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you for the kind words Don and Card Player!

At LegendsPCC we strive to create the perfect deck of playing cards. We source factories around the world and build close ties with their owners so we can adapt quickly to new printing and packaging advances, as well as experiment with new and crazy ideas. Our groundbreaking Legends #852 deck was one of the first mass-produced decks printed outside the USA for the magic and collector community. The cards were specifically engineered to perform and feel better than a standard deck of cards, with better edges, durability, and feel. This advancement continued with our subsequent printing of the private reserve Sharps deck, utilizing a new 'classic' feeling paper stock and a special printing technique.

LPCC mastered that process, and we are now focusing on creating superior packaging, which will be showcased in our Legends #202 Egyptian Edition deck. We are ultra-passionate about playing cards, and these are exciting times for playing card enthusiasts who want the ability to customize every aspect of their decks, from choosing multiple paper stock and coating variants, to custom die-cut tuck cases with luxurious embellishments. We hope you support LPCC and help us continue the advancement of our industry!

On a side note, we have noticed confusion online regarding the relationship between LPCC and EPCC (Expert Playing Card Co.), and would like to clear that up for everyone.

In 2012, Lawrence Sullivan (founder of LPCC) sourced a factory in Asia (where he lives), working closely with them for months before visiting Taiwan to oversee the inaugural print run of Legends #852, which was very well received in the card enthusiast and magic community. Throughout this process, Lawrence was in close contact with Bill Kalush of CARC, who gave invaluable advice and knowledge, as well as distributed the first batch of Legends #852 in the USA. This was the foundation of a strong partnership.

Lawrence then handled the printing of ExpertPCC's red and blue Exquisite decks, which at that point, neither EPCC or Bill Kalush were in contact with our Taiwan factory. After the success of the Exquisite decks, our relationship grew closer and the direct contact at our Taiwan factory was shared with Bill Kalush (founder of EPCC), and we now work together on nearly all aspects of our respective businesses and print jobs. A partnership which helps both our companies innovate, grow, and compete with the big guys like USPCC.

LPCC is looking to continue this strong partnership. However, we are very separate companies and offer different specialties and services. People are free to choose who they would like to print with, and we both ship our products worldwide. Our pricing structures are aligned, and we speak and collaborate nearly daily about every major project we are working on. So rest assured, regardless which company you choose to order a custom deck from, you will get Expert and Legendary advice!

Legends Playing Card Co. is looking forward to being a part of this online community. Thank you to our loyal fans for the support, and please make sure to follow @LegendsPCC or #LegendsPlayingCardCo. on Instagram for some very exciting products coming soon!
--
Legends Playing Card Co. Ltd.
www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And for a little teaser... here is a photo of our upcoming Gnostic deck, designed by magician and mentalist Stuart Palm. Following in the Legends tradition, this deck is chock full of secrets and hidden reveals, a boon to the working performer and mentalist.

This deck features two colors of foil, precisely registered and hot stamped. And at the request of our client, a super thick and durable matte black tuck paper with interior laminated foil, a true tank of a tuck case! Additionally, two of the three decks in this release feature two color Pantone printed back artwork. A process that takes a highly skilled printer like LPCC to align and calibrate properly. A feat which is magnified due to the extreme detail of the Gnostic artwork.

You will be able to buy them soon at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com, and also at CARC, who will have an exclusive red edition with numbered seal!
--

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Welcome LPPC!!  :D

It really is brilliant to see LPCC presence here  at the Discourses!

The majority of us recognize LPCC to be the gold standard when it comes to producing the finest quality playing cards known to mankind. As far as I'm concerned, nothing else even comes close to the Diamond Finish.

I'm genuinely excited about the LPCC line up of decks (that are known about via social media) that are in the works -- The Egyptian Legends are at the top of my "wants" list, along with the LUXX deck, and the Gnostic decks.

I really like the sound of the really thick tuck box for the Gnostics -- in my opinion, a nice and thick tuck box makes a deck even more desirable.

Anyway, I absolutely love the Legends series -- so much, that I'm not even interested in any non-LPCC decks!  :D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:29:45 PM by HolyJJ »
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I have a few questions with regards to the upcoming 202 Egyptian Legends!

(1) I think it was Zenneth Kok who mentioned that the No. 852 in the Legends series was a reference to a particular area... and so I wanted to ask what the significance of the number 202 is in the Egyptian Legends deck.

(2) Even though there is a difference in 3 digit numbers, 852 and 202, can we still assume that the Egyptian Legends are part of the same Legends series is the V1 and V2 Legends? As can the Egyptian Legends informally be thought of as the Legends V3?

... or will the 202 Legends form a separate series of their own, separate to the 852 Legends?

And one final question (for now!)...

(3) Just as the USPCC have multiple distinct signature brands (Bicycle, Bee, Tally Ho, etc), are there any plans for LPCC to have multiple signature brands in addition to the Legends brand?

Something with a repeating all over back design (like the Bees) would be awesome for gamblers! :)
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

(1) I think it was Zenneth Kok who mentioned that the No. 852 in the Legends series was a reference to a particular area... and so I wanted to ask what the significance of the number 202 is in the Egyptian Legends deck.

(2) Even though there is a difference in 3 digit numbers, 852 and 202, can we still assume that the Egyptian Legends are part of the same Legends series is the V1 and V2 Legends? As can the Egyptian Legends informally be thought of as the Legends V3?

... or will the 202 Legends form a separate series of their own, separate to the 852 Legends?

(3) Just as the USPCC have multiple distinct signature brands (Bicycle, Bee, Tally Ho, etc), are there any plans for LPCC to have multiple signature brands in addition to the Legends brand?

Something with a repeating all over back design (like the Bees) would be awesome for gamblers! :)

I can help with one of those answers.  No. 852 was chosen because it's the area code of Hong Kong.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
And for a little teaser... here is a photo of our upcoming Gnostic deck, designed by magician and mentalist Stuart Palm. Following in the Legends tradition, this deck is chock full of secrets and hidden reveals, a boon to the working performer and mentalist.

This deck features two colors of foil, precisely registered and hot stamped. And at the request of our client, a super thick and durable matte black tuck paper with interior laminated foil, a true tank of a tuck case! Additionally, two of the three decks in this release feature two color Pantone printed back artwork. A process that takes a highly skilled printer like LPCC to align and calibrate properly. A feat which is magnified due to the extreme detail of the Gnostic artwork.

You will be able to buy them soon at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com, and also at CARC, who will have an exclusive red edition with numbered seal!

That looks BEAUTIFUL!

The original legends quickly became my go-to deck for magic. I can't wait for this one!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Hi Legends

I read on one of your social network pages that there might be a secret way to pick up some "Sharps". Are there other "Sharps" that will be available besides the CARC variety box? Right now these are at the top of mine and others collectors lists. Will enough ever be printed or available for outright sale?

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:00:53 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hi Legends

I read on one of your social network pages that there might be a secret way to pick up some "Sharps". Are there other "Sharps" that will be available besides the CARC variety box? Right now these are at the top of mine and others collectors lists. Will enough ever be printed or available for outright sale?

Thanks

The CARC page for the Variety Box stated that they were available as a "pre-release" deck - meaning that they actually weren't released yet at the time and don't appear to have been released yet.  I'm guessing they'll be out soon, especially since we know they're already printed!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

Jeremy Hanrahan

• Newcomer
I really enjoy my Sharpe decks. Really superior to anything on the market!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi HolyJJ,

We plan to release various editions of LEGENDS branded decks that compliment the mythology theme. Right now we have #852 and #202, with a few more in the works. Legends #202 Egyptian Edition is entirely different artwork than the #852s, so it would technically be Legends #202 v.1, or first edition.

Sharps is a gambling oriented line of decks from LPCC, with the Sharps Private Reserve deck acting as a test run for a new paper we sourced, and now call Classic Finish. Classic Finish paper has a more flexible feel; a happy medium between our stiffer Diamond Finish and a standard Bicycle deck. Classic Finish is proving to be a very popular card stock for magicians. The coating is identical on both decks, the paper is the only major difference between Legends #852 Diamond Finish and Sharps Private Reserve Classic Finish.

In addition to our customer's deck orders like Aquila, Tenebre, and LUXX, we are planning at least two other signature in-house decks with custom artwork. Stay tuned or follow us on twitter @LegendsPcc or Instagram @LegendsPlayingCardCo!

--

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 12:32:53 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I know this might be due to an edit. But there is still this possibility that it exists. Hands up if you think that it looks awesome. Maybe EPCC can chime in on this.

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I know this might be due to an edit. But there is still this possibility that it exists. Hands up if you think that it looks awesome. Maybe EPCC can chime in on this.

Well, where did you find the image?  That would go a long way in determining the real deal.

I've spoken with Bill Kalush a few times about the Legends deck.  To the very best of my knowledge, only blue, red and black were made for version 2.  CARC was the exclusive seller of the black deck.  It possible that he held out on me, but I consider it unlikely.

Since this is a Legends deck, I'm going to merge this to the Legends company topic so you'll get a straight answer and faster response.

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
That pic is directly from the Legends PCC website.  I went and looked right after it was posted.  Lat picture of the carbon clip.

http://legends-playing-cards.myshopify.com/products/carbon-fiber-card-clip

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 11:45:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That pic is directly from the Legends PCC website.  I went and looked right after it was posted.  Lat picture of the carbon clip.

http://legends-playing-cards.myshopify.com/products/carbon-fiber-card-clip

Now it's making sense.  I'm no expert on photography but I was a film production major about a lifetime ago.  The light from the flash was probably a bit on the cool side of the spectrum, like most flashes; more blue, less red.  Going through the cellophane, reflecting off the black surface (yes, I believe it's a black deck) and back through the cellophane to the lens, the lighting gains even more of a bluish tint to it.  While cellophane appears to be completely clear and colorless, it does actually have a very faint blue hue, something you'd notice if you had a large quantity of it stacked in sheets like a ream of paper.  These effects combined to make the black deck appear more like the color purple.

That's my theory!

Seriously, like I said, I haven't heard boo about an actual purple deck being made.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
I have no idea of the ins and outs of photography.  I would agree though, it's just the way the picture came out. 

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
From a photgraphic standpoint, yes, anything is possible. It can be lighting like Don mentioned, light has a funny way of "Changing" colors depending on the angle and exposure, but my quetstion would be, why not correct it?

If it's indeed a black Legend ( I think it's the Blue), why leave it like this? It's way to simple of a Photoshop fix to not correct the image to represent the actual color of the deck. Just sayin'............  :-\
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:04:11 PM by Sparkz »

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:36 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
This is on the site as well.

Know anything about these?

Oh and from instagram
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Oh and from instagram

How good is your Chinese?

http://www.bund18.com/cn/

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Oh and from instagram

The Bund is a Shanghai waterfront. From what I gather from their 关于我们 (concerning us) tab, they're a cultural center.

I could be wrong. My Chinese is mediocre at best.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Oh and from instagram

The Bund is a Shanghai waterfront. From what I gather from their 关于我们 (concerning us) tab, they're a cultural center.

There's an English version of the website. Top right of the website (EN |中文). Just click the "EN" for English.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

There's an English version of the website. Top right of the website (EN |中文). Just click the "EN" for English.

Based on the photos, I would have thought it was either a high-end hotel or a very-high-end apartment building.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:42 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
http://legendsplayingcards.com/products/gnostic-playing-cards

Fore sale on the legends site. With news of   a red li#$eD Ed!t@^ sry, Every time I try to type or say the words  limited ed.. Curse words spew forth from my being   any who, the edition will be red and available at  CARC soon. Also a lot of Legend Egypt deck images. If you click on the banner it just reloads the pages so my guess would be a launch this week?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:29:05 AM by DarkDerp »
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I'd like to confirm that Conjuring Arts will have all the colors of Gnostic, including our exclusive Red (numbered edition of 1000), available soon. We can't release them yet but I promise that we will as soon as they arrive. Presently they are in the US but being shipped to Kings Wild for fulfillment.
Pricing will be $13.75 per deck plus postage when bought individually (this is the price Legends requested us to sell them for) . All three colors as a set are $39 postpaid anywhere in the US (plus $8.99 for international). I realize that these are on the expensive side but they are really a fine deck and very few were made of each color. I believe that Conjuring Arts has the largest supply of each color and the ONLY supply of our exclusive red.
I will post here when they will go on sale but you can also check ConjuringArts.org for the latest information.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Bill