You are Here:
t.v. magicians

Author (Read 2296 times)

t.v. magicians
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
so im watching mindfreak on netflix right now, dude this shit is messed up. anyother ones good i can get on here?
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: t.v. magicians
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
If i'm not mistaken mindfreak is indead cool but i'm pretty sure there are camera tricks used in some things that happends.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:40:54 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea there are but its still cool to see. david blaine does more close up stuff and i like that.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:43:40 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
It is still always fun to watch Chris Angel though.

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:22 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Derren Brown; anything from him but especially his 'Trick of the Mind' series.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
thanks yea chris angel is nice, hopefully i can check out derren soon.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
You could also check out 'The Devil's Picturebook', which is Derren's card magic DVD.  There's a lot of killer routines in there that Derren never performed once he became successful; they're all back-burner retired routines from his table-hopping days and they're all amazing.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I'm not here to specifically hate on Chris Angel (Especially with some fans around by the sounds of it :P) But he uses to many camera tricks and paid actors for my liking,

Here in Australia we don't have many TV magicians at all but I enjoy a good laugh at Chris Angel every now and then ;)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
If everything Criss Angel did was legitimate magic, he'd be the greatest magician ever. For example, he went to a grocery store with about 10,000 different items, went up to a "random" girl, gave her a sealed envelope, and had her go through the store and pick out ANY item she wanted, while Criss Stayed put so he would not influence her decision. She came back to Criss with a can of Sweet Peas, and then she opened the envelope without Criss touching it and the paper inside the envelope said "Sweet Peas".

Another stupid thing was he went to a radio station with a cassette tape, with a prediction on it about something that would happen later that night. The tape was signed and a trusted company, that transmits millions of dollars daily (so you know it's trusted) locked up the cassette, took it with them and brought it back the next day. When he came back the next day, and played Criss' tape on the radio, the two predictions (that were both correct) were that he had a strong dream about someone throwing a grenade at President Bush, and he had a feeling it would happen, and he predicted the correct lottery numbers.

If he really had such a strong feeling that a grenade would be thrown at OUR President, why in the world wouldn't he call authorities and tell them. Why he didn't do that is beyond me. Also, if he "knew" the lottery numbers, he's a complete idiot for not playing them.

That is my opinion on Criss Angel.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
You mean you dislike him for not being able to do magic for real?  Come on.

I dislike him for taking extensively about 'energies' etc. All that mysticism BS that just confuses gullible people and then they end up blowing their life savings on some mystic healer instead of having a good time because Criss Angel 'walked on water' and it impressed them. 
I also dislike his dress sense, manner of speaking, methodology and patter.  Perhaps what I dislike the most, though is when he's confronted by a competent magician, he tries to back out of all those things and jokes about how he acts and how he's a skeptic too (listen to his radio interview with Penn Jillette).  That's just pathetic IMO.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You mean you dislike him for not being able to do magic for real?  Come on.

I mean I dislike how he tries to be this huge egotist, that thinks he's better then anyone else. Also, if you read my comment above, some of the stuff he does, like NOT warn the President, is completely insane.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
some of the stuff he does, like NOT warn the President, is completely insane.

Of course he didn't warn the president because it's a trick and he didn't know about it until after the event.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Of course he didn't warn the president because it's a trick and he didn't know about it until after the event.

But the trick was that he made the prediction tape before the event happened, and he was trying to prove to everyone that he knew about this event before it occurred.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
But the trick was that he made the prediction tape before the event happened, and he was trying to prove to everyone that he knew about this event before it occurred.

It's exactly like a whole bunch of old mentalism tricks.  He had no idea what was going to happen; he gimmicked the tape somehow, probably.  I agree he's an arse for trying to make out it was real.

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
It's exactly like a whole bunch of old mentalism tricks.  He had no idea what was going to happen; he gimmicked the tape somehow, probably.  I agree he's an arse for trying to make out it was real.

Yah, the whole point I was trying to make was if it was real, he would of been an idiot for not telling anyone.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:08:12 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
ok so lets just say we are in the we hate chris angel club and be done. i have watched more to laugh at then believe.