You are Here:
Performing for the Public

Author (Read 1440 times)

Performing for the Public
« on: October 23, 2011, 01:39:00 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I have been tempted to just post up and throw out my fedora in case anyone wanted to donate to the magician...guess I'm just too nervous about it. Certain expectations are had when money is involved
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:58:27 AM by Curt »
Magical as Sin!

Re: Trying to start getting payed
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:40:58 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
that is why I wanted to do table hopping, people can tip in my hat and the better I do the more money I make which = more decks :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:44:08 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Don't know if I have that kind of confidence yet. I typically just start doing my thing and people come to me...what would you say as you approached a table?
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
basically i would be working for the restaurant so i would say "hello my name is John and I am the entertainer for you tonight paid for by the restaurant" then if they have kids i would try to show them something that makes them want to keep me there. Confidence is key and thats is why i want to really get my magic down (i will be getting card college) before i start this. 
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

Re: Making a job out of Magic.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:51 AM »

Curt

• Don't Use This!
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I separated the topic for you guys, so you and others can continue to discuss the subject.

As for me, when I was younger I performed a few payed gigs, mainly just birthdays. But as I got older I realized I really do not enjoy performing for kids and much prefer adults. I havent done any payed shows in ages but I still perform for random people I meet every once in a while.

Re: Making a job out of Magic.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 01:57:25 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Thank you curt, I was about to see if we could start a new thread.  But yea sinsandman i think its mainly just knowing what you can do, i have done musicals and i have done concerts so i know that i have to trust in what i can do and that tends to help.

Re: Performing for the Public
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 02:01:32 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Awesome, and ty Curt...seeing this confused me until i got to your post. I was thinking "I know I didn't post this topic"
Magical as Sin!

Re: Performing for the Public
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 05:14:10 AM »

EduardTodor

I perform for public for free.....its how I roll :P