You are Here:
Card Reveals

Author (Read 3069 times)

Card Reveals
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

TheBicycleGuardian

• Newcomer
i was wondering what the actual use of a card reveal is. I can sort of come up with maybe one or two things you can do with them, but I imagine that the effect on the spectator wares off really quickly and you can only use it a fairly small amount of times. Are they just cool, or do they serve some sort of special purpose I've overlooked?

Re: Card Reveals
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
IMO , it is just like a double backer, useless, as alex once said "The point of a double back is to find someone on a street and say, hey look at this card, not only does it have 1 but 2 backs."
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I actually came up with a very sweet reveal for the Vortex deck tuck case that has never been done before, and it really does add dimension to a trick in that it is a bit of an optical illusion.

Reveals can be useful, and there is no reason to not take the extra time to include them into a deck. Still, some reveals are ridiculously idiotic (the bar code ones, for example). I believe purely in creativity. If you can't innovate a feature, don't include it in the deck.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Joker reveals are a nice way of revealing a force card because you can do a colour change and have their card appear before their eyes.  It's just an added bonus onto the end of an effect, nothing major but easy to make and quite nice.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Joker reveals are a nice way of revealing a force card because you can do a colour change and have their card appear before their eyes.  It's just an added bonus onto the end of an effect, nothing major but easy to make and quite nice.

this is what i use them for, i also like being able to act like the card is a real person and they find it not me.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I love deck reveals! Its an awesome freebie when you buy a nice deck. If your a magician, its very useful and fun!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »

ADKLco

• True Member
I my self prefer subtle reveals, if the reveal is too obvious (regular joker, colour change, spectator- "WHOA! my card's on that card!" without us pointing it out) it makes sandwich effects a little hard to do if the spectator(s) are paying close attention.  A perfect example of a subtle reveal are the Arcane Jokers. 

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:16:31 PM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
Most of the people I perform for are not into magic, so are not familiar with reveals, if it's a Joker reveal I like to leave it under the box to the side in plain view. or chuck them a deck still sealed in cellophane and ask them to check out (geddit?) the barcode. we may be jaded by reveals, but the reactions are still there for the taking.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »

Fishie23

• Newcomer
I don't think i've ever used a card reveal. I mean i could see how you could use one but i dont know.. Like someone else said there just like double backers a lot of decks have them but i never use them, but its cool they add them.

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
My personal favorite way to use the built in reveals is the move called "Shapeshifter" which is a two card change. I use it with the two jokers in the decks with a reveal built in (Pretty much any custom magic deck

Here is a link to a quick demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPBCjwpz84

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
The basic use is you just show them the normal joker, and force the card in the reveal picture, then use any kind of card change to change the normal joker to the reveal joker

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The basic use is you just show them the normal joker, and force the card in the reveal picture, then use any kind of card change to change the normal joker to the reveal joker
I do that one often too

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
The reveals really mess with reality for the audience because they are "impossible" therefore, they can be simplistically mind blowing. 

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I love reveals. I can't wait to see all the reveals on this deck :)

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »

JMMJ

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:
There are going to be a ton, especially if you can find the names and sayings hidden in the deck

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I have not applied the uses of a reveal yet. I know how, just haven't done so. As far as the double back, I have actually used that several times in a flip card trick. Easier to just shuffle the double into the deck as opposed to trying to correct the bottom card to right.
Magical as Sin!