Author (Read 578 times)

Southern Collector
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:57:04 AM »

cbkimble

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hello everyone, my name is Brent and I live in Carthage, MS. A year ago I had no idea people collected cards, I mean come on it's cards, you play with them, lose a few, throw them in a drawer or cabinet but you don't collect them. That's what I thought then. Around January of this year(2014) I had backed another kickstarter project (unrelated to cards) and I was browsing different projects when I came upon the bicycle Steel deck. I knew then that I had to have those beautiful cards. That got me to looking through other decks and I was blown away by the amount of artwork and design of decks. That was it, I was hooked and haven't looked back since. I've known about this forum for quite a while but I've mainly been on the United Cardists forum. I decided to participate more here after the 52+ joker convention.

Re: Southern Collector
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Brent, we're glad to see you on the boards!

Never be afraid to ask questions - there's no such things as dumb ones.

Also - the search feature is your new best friend for performing some research on past decks.  When this board was launched, Kickstarter decks were still a new idea and it was rare that there were more than three deck projects up at once!  Times have certainly changed since then!

Please make yourself at home - you're among friends.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Hello everyone, my name is Brent and I live in Carthage, MS. A year ago I had no idea people collected cards, I mean come on it's cards, you play with them, lose a few, throw them in a drawer or cabinet but you don't collect them. That's what I thought then. Around January of this year(2014) I had backed another kickstarter project (unrelated to cards) and I was browsing different projects when I came upon the bicycle Steel deck. I knew then that I had to have those beautiful cards. That got me to looking through other decks and I was blown away by the amount of artwork and design of decks. That was it, I was hooked and haven't looked back since. I've known about this forum for quite a while but I've mainly been on the United Cardists forum. I decided to participate more here after the 52+ joker convention.
Way to go Brent! Welcome and keep in touch. I am adjusting your profile so that you can access the private 52 plus joker board.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:20:12 PM by 52plusjoker »
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:01:36 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome again Brent. My story is very similar to yours. I saw 1 deck on KS, and was hooked.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome Brent, nice to see you on the boards  :)