KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic

Author (Read 27459 times)

KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello, everyone!

Please welcome into the fold our third Discourse Agent, "Kings Wild Project".  He's really taken the "card game" by storm with the introduction of his "Federal 52" deck series and continues at a relentless pace, introducing new deck series that I'm sure most of you eat up and ask for seconds!

Jackson and his staff should be signing in soon - please make them feel welcome!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »

D. Dorn

• True Member
Welcome, Mr. Robinson! 

Can't wait to see what shows up first. 

Everything you've created thus far, has been fantastic.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 02:11:16 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I have some really great news. It's been a very slow process, but earlier this week I received official approval and licensing from the United States Army to proceed with the Army deck and subsequently the other armed forces decks. I had already secured licensing from the other branches but was just waiting for the Army as it was logical branch to start with.

Not really sure when I will do the project or how I will do it (Kickstarter, Kings Wild Funded, Self funded) Not sure yet, but will keep you guys updated.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:52 AM »

chach

• Forum Regular
Too bad you didn't get it earlier, would've been awesome to launch a campaign yesterday, June 14th, the Army's Birthday.  I know myself and a lot of my friends that are former Army are really looking forward to this deck.
-El Guapo

ISO - Vietnam vintage Bicycle Secret Weapon Aces of Spades deck.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:30:16 AM »

troy

• True Member
I have some really great news. It's been a very slow process, but earlier this week I received official approval and licensing from the United States Army to proceed with the Army deck and subsequently the other armed forces decks. I had already secured licensing from the other branches but was just waiting for the Army as it was logical branch to start with.

Not really sure when I will do the project or how I will do it (Kickstarter, Kings Wild Funded, Self funded) Not sure yet, but will keep you guys updated.

Since you're in update mode, is the Hive deck next on the release schedule?  If so, do you have any dates for us to mark down on the calendar? If it's the baseball decks, do you have any dates for us to mark down on the calendar? If it's the standard decks, do you have any dates for us to mark down on the calendar? :)

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
cant wait, I have buddies in the army and sure some of them will want to get there hands on this deck.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

Since you're in update mode, is the Hive deck next on the release schedule?  If so, do you have any dates for us to mark down on the calendar?

The Hive is printed. Now it's just waiting for it to be loaded on a boat, shipped across the Pacific and then to Kings Wild. Unfortunately, it's hard to give a solid estimate on that as there's time needed to clear customs as well. To contradict to last sentence, I'd say some time in August. The closer to when the deck actually is to port, the better we can give a solid date on when they will be up for sale on the Kings Wild site. But for now, see the fun pictures taken from the KW Facebook page of decks pulled and shipped early to us.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »

troy

• True Member

Since you're in update mode, is the Hive deck next on the release schedule?  If so, do you have any dates for us to mark down on the calendar?

The Hive is printed. Now it's just waiting for it to be loaded on a boat, shipped across the Pacific and then to Kings Wild. Unfortunately, it's hard to give a solid estimate on that as there's time needed to clear customs as well. To contradict to last sentence, I'd say some time in August. The closer to when the deck actually is to port, the better we can give a solid date on when they will be up for sale on the Kings Wild site. But for now, see the fun pictures taken from the KW Facebook page of decks pulled and shipped early to us.

You've designed an excellent deck. August'ish sounds good. The last key to the puzzle is pricing. Obviously, the lower the better. I hope it's at or below Kickstarter levels. I hope Jackson is keeping you busy on your next deck!

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »

• Newcomer
Jackson, your work has been breathtaking.  I noticed your next project will be on the National Pastime.  Do you have a launch date yet?  Any hints what to expect?  I imagine we will be seeing some of the legends in this deck.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Copied from my Kings Wild Blog site:

It has been an incredible ride the past year or so, and it has been so exciting to see things develop and grow at Kings Wild Project. When I started Kings Wild Fulfillment I did it out of a desperate need to have the highest quality of packaging and fulfillment service in the playing card industry.

I am very happy to announce the next chapter in Kings Wild Fulfillment. Kings Wild Fulfillment will now be the official fulfillment house for all of The Expert Playing Card Company & Legend Playing Card Co. fulfillment. We are extremely excited about this new partnership and hope to build even more relationships with other companies and individuals in the coming days.

Here is the link to the article
http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com/blogs/currentproject/14678893-the-expert-playing-card-co-kings-wild-fulfillment-unite

Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 06:32:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That's excellent news to hear - congratulations!  Will you be handling all distribution, or just within North America, or some other combination of parts of the world?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 08:04:41 AM »

troy

• True Member
Seems like it's going to be a huge summer for Kings Wild. The Hive is coming, you've teased the Tally Ho's and on your homepage the baseball decks are coming.

When you have dates when they are going to launch and on what platform, please feel free to update this thread!  ??? :D

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Seems like it's going to be a huge summer for Kings Wild. The Hive is coming, you've teased the Tally Ho's and on your homepage the baseball decks are coming.

When you have dates when they are going to launch and on what platform, please feel free to update this thread!  ??? :D

As for the Tally Ho deck I hope to launch them on my new Pre Order / Crowdfunded Kings Wild Funded Platform on Monday July 14th. Kings Wild Funded is 99% finished and squeaky clean. I've taken everything about Kickstarter and crowdfunding I love and got rid of everything I hate about Kickstarter and created something that I think you guys are really going to like. The price point will be easy on the wallet.

I'm finishing up some details for the National Pastime Deck and if all promotional stuff together as planned I will launch that project on Kickstarter on the 26th.

And to answer question about the baseball deck being on Kickstarter. The Tally Ho deck is for a much more niche market and a much smaller project than the baseball deck, and I want my first "go" of Kings Wild Funded to be very straight forward. Also the card collecting community makes up about 30% of my costumer base and also the only people who really know about my site. I'll utilize the reach of Kickstarter to try and capture more card rookies and turn them over to the dark side. :)
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 12:38:29 AM »

troy

• True Member
That's information to help me know when the money will be spent. Thanks.

The price point will be easy on the wallet. :)

This is the best part of all. Helps me pick up even more decks!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 06:47:15 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
So if all goes as planned the Kings Wild Tally Ho decks will be available for pre-order on Monday July the 14th. This will be my first test drive of my new Kings Wild Funded Platform.

Deck prices will be as follows:

1x Deck $8 Plus Shipping
1x Brick $90 Plus Shipping
1x Gross $1000 Plus Shipping

With Kings Wild Funded both domestic & international shipping are handled separately so International costumers will not have to feel the sting of paying both domestic and international shipping. My platform is simple to use and I'm sure most everyone will find it an enjoyable experience.

Here are images of all the Court Cards & Gaff Cards that have already been approved my USPCC Legal and Marketing and also have already been submitted for production. I'm being very realistic about production times and am advertising a estimated delivery date for December 2014 but predict delivery earlier than that.

The court set I am using for the Kings Wild Tally Ho deck are my new Kings Wild Standard Court set that I will be using on future "standard" style decks. The Tally Ho AoS and Jokers are unique to the Kings Wild Tally Ho deck and are not part of the Kings Wild Standard Court Set.

Here are links for high res images:
Spades http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/spades.jpg
Hearts http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/hearts.jpg
Diamonds http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/Diamonds.jpg
Clubs http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/clubs.jpg
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:17:20 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Here are the Ace of Spades and back design. Also pictured are the jokers and Red Back Gaff and Card Reveal Gaff as well.

Here are links for high res images:
Ace of spades & Back Design http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/aceofspadesback.jpg
Jokers http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/jokers.jpg
Red Back Gaff & Card Reveal Gaff http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/tallyho/gaff.jpg
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:19:01 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Fantastic project Jackson, can't wait to pick these up, your courts came out beautifully.

Gratz!

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Will there be a limited edition as well?

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Will there be a limited edition as well?

There will be no limited edition during this project. I want to keep this project very simple so that my first "go" at Kings Wild Funded has a great chance of success. I do plan on making a LTD edition of my Tally Ho deck but for now, no. I also wanted to keep the production cost low to help keep the retail price low.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:51 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Jackson, are you going to offer split bricks red/blue?
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:45 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
My god, those courts look phenomenal. Love the restyle of the jokers, too!
Judging from the red back gaff, I'm guessing the only color will be blue?

I can't wait for the release! It looks awesome!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:13 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
My god, those courts look phenomenal. Love the restyle of the jokers, too!
Judging from the red back gaff, I'm guessing the only color will be blue?

I can't wait for the release! It looks awesome!
I guess I should have read the post instead of just looking at the pretty pictures.   :-[
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 11:15:41 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that my Kings Wild Tally Ho will be going live on Kings Wild Funded on Monday.
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »

Mada257

Calendar marked.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 10:56:36 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:57:24 PM by Rob Wright »

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB