From Whimsical Teapots to VIZAĜO Playing Cards - The Journey

Author (Read 31069 times)

Re: From Whimsical Teapots to Playing Cards - The Beginning
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2016, 03:16:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Just tossing this out there, I love the synthetic paper tucks they've come up with. The stuff is fantastic. I usually carry my deck in a little case but it's pretty thick and can be annoying. The synthetic paper tucks slip in my pocket and I don't have to worry about the tuck being mangled like paper ones so no case, pack jacket or clip required. It's a beautiful thing.

Clips are really more for flattening the cards than for protecting the box - most clips actually do more harm than good to the boxes!  The rare exception I've seen were the old Eco Clips that are no longer on the market.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:57 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Just tossing this out there, I love the synthetic paper tucks they've come up with. The stuff is fantastic. I usually carry my deck in a little case but it's pretty thick and can be annoying. The synthetic paper tucks slip in my pocket and I don't have to worry about the tuck being mangled like paper ones so no case, pack jacket or clip required. It's a beautiful thing.

Clips are really more for flattening the cards than for protecting the box - most clips actually do more harm than good to the boxes!  The rare exception I've seen were the old Eco Clips that are no longer on the market.

I don't use card clips in my pocket, I have but I don't because like you said they're pretty vicious. The stainless steel clips, that are somewhat more flimsy than what we usually think of when we think card clip, would work for protecting a deck in your pocket though they're likely to scratch your tuck up pretty well. They're not really great for putting the squeeze on your cards after a few hours of playing though. Aluminium Porper card clips are the way to go there for sure can't say how many times my card clips have saved a deck after hard use. I have an old tally-ho red circle back that lives in a card clip since it's tuck died a long long time ago. The deck has been cleaned easily a dozen times, of course it's still filthy, it's been on it's last legs for three or four years now. It's my original practice deck and I'll never throw it away or stop using it.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2016, 04:42:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I don't use card clips in my pocket, I have but I don't because like you said they're pretty vicious. The stainless steel clips, that are somewhat more flimsy than what we usually think of when we think card clip, would work for protecting a deck in your pocket though they're likely to scratch your tuck up pretty well. They're not really great for putting the squeeze on your cards after a few hours of playing though. Aluminium Porper card clips are the way to go there for sure can't say how many times my card clips have saved a deck after hard use. I have an old tally-ho red circle back that lives in a card clip since it's tuck died a long long time ago. The deck has been cleaned easily a dozen times, of course it's still filthy, it's been on it's last legs for three or four years now. It's my original practice deck and I'll never throw it away or stop using it.

The secret to using the stainless steel clips with the flat backs is that you need to sand down the edges before using them on your decks.  They don't provide much by way of tension, though, so they're fairly useless for flattening a deck after heavy use, and while a sanded edge won't scratch the box much, the clips are usually sized so the edges of the box are still exposed and can take some damage with handling.

We've diverted this topic enough - we should probably get back on track or take this to a new topic!

BTW: I'm in total agreement on the new synthetic tucks - they're fantastically durable and have a nice texture to them.  However, they don't take embossing well at all - Expert PCC won't offer embossing with synthetic tucks.  They'll give you foil stamping, they'll give you die cut windows in the box if you want them, they might even be able to use metallic inks, but no embossing.

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Actually, an interior of metallic foil might be nice - it lends the box a rather royal look, especially depending on the color chosen.  Red's a good option, though if purple's available, go for it!

Metallic inks have become less popular since foil stamping on the cards has become a revived art.  But it's VERY expensive.  Cheaper to get foil on the box - collectors like shiny things.  Ironic, considering that matte finishes on tucks are also very popular rather than glossy finishes.

If you're going for a limited edition of a specific size, a serially-numbered custom deck seal is another popular option.

Interesting - and definitely food for thought :)

We've diverted this topic enough - we should probably get back on track or take this to a new topic!

BTW: I'm in total agreement on the new synthetic tucks - they're fantastically durable and have a nice texture to them.  However, they don't take embossing well at all - Expert PCC won't offer embossing with synthetic tucks.  They'll give you foil stamping, they'll give you die cut windows in the box if you want them, they might even be able to use metallic inks, but no embossing.

Thanks Fess and Don - (and the diversions were interesting too) Synthetic paper tuckbox - I like the sound of this one!  :) I haven't come across these before, so curious if full colour printing is possible - or would the design need to be more sparse? While I'd need to look into it more, it sounds like the tuck is more than enough 'bells & whistles' to need any embossing on top :)

Moving along with the designs ... :)

After settling on the name, I dived into the lettering:

Ace of Spades

Two faces look in opposite direction within the Ace of Spades - one upright and one up-side-down - symbolising that clarity of mind comes with the ability to see things from more than one perspective...

Another look at the number cards ...

This idea for number cards is about bringing the classic pip (or suit symbol) together with a face in profile, to create a symmetrical flow – where the detail in the faces is balanced against the solid colour of the pip shape (in this case, the spade):

Still tweaking to do, though I'm always happy to hear your thoughts - and thanks for looking!
Annette :)

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Thanks Fess and Don - (and the diversions were interesting too) Synthetic paper tuckbox - I like the sound of this one!  :) I haven't come across these before, so curious if full colour printing is possible - or would the design need to be more sparse? While I'd need to look into it more, it sounds like the tuck is more than enough 'bells & whistles' to need any embossing on top :)

The last issue of Card Culture #23, page 15, Jetsetter Premier Edition features a synthetic paper tuck. It may help to see one that way but nothing is as cool as having it in your hands. Off the top of my head Synthetic paper is also used in 52+Joker Pack Jackets available at the club site as well as the 52+Joker Gold deck, Liars and Thieves, Chameleons available from Conjuring Arts. There are more of course just not coming to mind right now.

I like the little diamond feature on the 0 of the 10 and in the O on Vizago. Finding a way to stick my favorite suit on the other three is pretty great in my book.

The AoS feels a little odd to my eye. The human eye is naturally drawn to the lightest areas, something out of how we fear the dark and all that from way back when, in AoS there are two eyes but not on an even level. This causes my eyes to have to shift back and forth and this aspect is something that is okay we do it every day. Even so between the shift I have to refocus on what I'm looking at to actually see what's there. It's like it's missing a way for my eye to flow from point to point if that makes sense. It may be because of the orientation of one image under the other or the way the colors are represented. When it comes to eye feel allowing the eye to flow over an image will usually generate more like, an image that requires a refocus will usually generate more dislike. The initial reaction, most often a subconscious one, on a major card like AoS can be a pretty big determining factor to back or not, buy or not. Thought I would bring it up.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The tuck can be printed in full CMYK color and can take foil - the Chameleons deck was Expert's first to use this material and it has holographic foil stamped on the special edition green deck.  (I think - I'm going off the top of my head!)  But CMYK is a certainty.

It looks like paperboard, lasts like plastic and has a nice tactile feel to it, in my opinion.  It will last considerably longer than typical paper tuck boxes.  One thing I've noticed with vintage decks - the first thing to fall apart is usually the box, not the cards, under normal wear and tear.  Synthetic tucks would be the opposite - they'd outlast the paper cards.

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover

The tuck can be printed in full CMYK color and can take foil - the Chameleons deck was Expert's first to use this material and it has holographic foil stamped on the special edition green deck.  (I think - I'm going off the top of my head!)  But CMYK is a certainty.

It looks like paperboard, lasts like plastic and has a nice tactile feel to it, in my opinion.  It will last considerably longer than typical paper tuck boxes.  One thing I've noticed with vintage decks - the first thing to fall apart is usually the box, not the cards, under normal wear and tear.  Synthetic tucks would be the opposite - they'd outlast the paper cards.

Thanks for that information Don, glad to hear that full CMYK is available - I'll be finding a deck with a synthetic tuck as soon as I can, to get a feel of the real thing :) When I read your post, my eyes jumped through the sentence to make it: "Looks like paperboard, tastes like plastic ..." and I thank you for the unintentional laugh :)

The last issue of Card Culture #23, page 15, Jetsetter Premier Edition features a synthetic paper tuck. It may help to see one that way but nothing is as cool as having it in your hands. Off the top of my head Synthetic paper is also used in 52+Joker Pack Jackets available at the club site as well as the 52+Joker Gold deck, Liars and Thieves, Chameleons available from Conjuring Arts. There are more of course just not coming to mind right now.

I like the little diamond feature on the 0 of the 10 and in the O on Vizago. Finding a way to stick my favorite suit on the other three is pretty great in my book.

The AoS feels a little odd to my eye. The human eye is naturally drawn to the lightest areas, something out of how we fear the dark and all that from way back when, in AoS there are two eyes but not on an even level. This causes my eyes to have to shift back and forth and this aspect is something that is okay we do it every day. Even so between the shift I have to refocus on what I'm looking at to actually see what's there. It's like it's missing a way for my eye to flow from point to point if that makes sense. It may be because of the orientation of one image under the other or the way the colors are represented. When it comes to eye feel allowing the eye to flow over an image will usually generate more like, an image that requires a refocus will usually generate more dislike. The initial reaction, most often a subconscious one, on a major card like AoS can be a pretty big determining factor to back or not, buy or not. Thought I would bring it up.

Thanks Fess for your list of decks with synthetic tucks - now I definitely have a selection to go shopping ...

Also, I truly appreciate your feedback on AoS - I think maybe because I'm so used to inverting, flipping and working on curved 3D surfaces, my eyes will see a face whether it is upright or up-side-down - and... with a visual idea on hand, I plough ahead with little regard for those confusing visual aspects ;)  You do make a good point and I'm glad for feedback that makes me think and see things in a different light, thank you :)

I went back and had another look and thought that well, the idea can still work if the faces are symmetrical - as looking in opposite direction is about seeing things from different perspectives - and can also be about looking into a mirror ...

Ace of Spades - #2

Thanks for looking

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2016, 01:55:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You're welcome for the laughs, Annette!  I do like the second version of the Ace of Spades much better.

Some of the decks Fess mentioned are made with synthetic tucks - and some aren't.  The first deck to use it was Asi Wind's Chameleons and the 2014 52 Plus Joker gold deck predates that, as do the club's Pack Jackets (unless there's been an updated version since, which is possible - I don't know, personally, but Lee Asher and Bill Kalush would).  I know the Jetsetters in Altitude Blue have a synthetic tuck box and I don't have a L&T deck so I couldn't say one way or another.

Chameleons are still available from the Conjuring Arts Research Center - red and blue are US$10 a pack, the green is a premium deck at US$20 a pack and there are discounts for buying three-packs and one-dozen bricks.  How much longer they'll be around, I couldn't say - they are a limited edition, as are all the decks Fess mentioned.

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2016, 04:26:24 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
You're welcome for the laughs, Annette!  I do like the second version of the Ace of Spades much better.

Some of the decks Fess mentioned are made with synthetic tucks - and some aren't.  The first deck to use it was Asi Wind's Chameleons and the 2014 52 Plus Joker gold deck predates that, as do the club's Pack Jackets (unless there's been an updated version since, which is possible - I don't know, personally, but Lee Asher and Bill Kalush would).  I know the Jetsetters in Altitude Blue have a synthetic tuck box and I don't have a L&T deck so I couldn't say one way or another.

Chameleons are still available from the Conjuring Arts Research Center - red and blue are US$10 a pack, the green is a premium deck at US$20 a pack and there are discounts for buying three-packs and one-dozen bricks.  How much longer they'll be around, I couldn't say - they are a limited edition, as are all the decks Fess mentioned.

Correct about the pack jackets, I don't know why I thought they were synthetic paper. Likely due to my not abusing decks or throwing them around in pack jackets, there is no real wear to any of them minus one black Expert pack jacket. That one took a beating but it's not a 52+ anyway pardon my mistake on the accessories. They are thick card stock and a minute with the thickness shoes that pretty clearly. Synthetic paper isn't as thick, you'll notice that about it right away. It has a pretty nice feel to it.

The decks I mentioned do all have synthetic paper tucks and Chams were not the first. Photos can be supplied if there is more dispute however it would be easier if you just popped over to CARC and investigated further. I'm pretty sure they say if a deck has synthetic paper. After just checking, yes they do say so. I'm sure there are more Decks that feature synthetic tucks, if I turned my brain on I would probably think of a couple. That selection is pretty good though a lot to enjoy there. Don is correct, each and every deck featuring synthetic tucks is Limited Edition. I can't imagine a non-LE deck showcasing a synthetic paper tuck. That's kind of mind blowing to consider really haha.

Back on topic about Vizago though, I think adding the black shade to the faces really helped out a lot. My eyes instantly see the eyes on each face and even though it's negative space the black allows the eye to follow the contour of the faces and flow. Mirroring the faces is a nice touch, it's smoother and has a nice effect. The eye feel is much nicer now. I like it and it looks good. Things are shaping up to be very interesting and I'd like to see where you're headed with the others. It's an enjoyable ride you're taking us on.

I also think a skewed solo face would work well in the Ace pips too, kind of a long the lines of the QoH image, how it's slightly bend, curving. May be dramatic and something to consider if you aren't quite happy with the AoS as is. if you did go with a solo face I think it would be a benefit to lose the outer ring along the pip on the Ace in favor of a bit of a fade technique. Hints can work very well and our eyes like that play a lot. While not quite the same same a fade effect still touches on that point of how our human brains want  to see faces in random things of nature like smoke, leaves, stones, etc which is instantly engaging if you can already clearly see the face. Lots of fun.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:40:00 AM by Fess »

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2016, 12:08:50 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Firstly, I am so sorry for the long delay in replying and posting updates here :(

A few months ago my husband became ill unexpectedly - Despite the upheaval and worry; some events seem to shine a light on what matters in life; love, family, friendships – and we’re lucky to be surrounded by wonderful people. Being positive about him recovering – and taking things day by day really, truly helps …

I do feel terrible about not popping in for so long, but want you guys to know that your involvement and awesome feedback along the way has been so inspiring, so thank you - and (in advance) thank you for your patience ;)

In between things I have found time to keep working on the cards and am definitely feeling that the deck is starting to take real shape, which is exciting.

The 4 Aces

First versions (especially clubs and hearts) have been reworked, scaling back some of the detail and refining the artwork, which continues the main theme of this deck; the Face:

The Number Cards

The original idea for the number cards was to repeat a smaller size pip identical to the one on the ace … However, the amount of detail made them quite busy, and following some great feedback :) I went back to the drawing board ... After playing around with different ideas I came up with the half-half pip … These ‘divided’ pips show a face in profile with a solid field of colour completing the symbol shape ... using colours to match the courts and aces in each suit.

Spades:

Diamonds:

Clubs:

Hearts:

And a look at Ace, court and number card together from each suit:

Next up will be the Jokers and the card back ...

Thanks so much for looking and I hope you've all had a great Christmas and that 2017 will be splendid!

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2016, 08:46:38 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Sorry to hear of your husband's poor health and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Love all the changes you have made, especially the half face pips, and am really excited for this deck! 

Wishing you and your loved ones the best in 2017!  May it be filled with Joy and Happiness!

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 12:42:28 AM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
I'll be shocked if I buy more than a handful of decks in 2017, but this will be one of them.  Well done.

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2017, 02:05:15 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Sorry to hear of your husband's poor health and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Love all the changes you have made, especially the half face pips, and am really excited for this deck! 

Wishing you and your loved ones the best in 2017!  May it be filled with Joy and Happiness!

Thank you so much Cardfool - your kind words and positive support mean the world :)
Hoping that you and yours will have all the best for this new and exciting year! :)

I'll be shocked if I buy more than a handful of decks in 2017, but this will be one of them.  Well done.

Thank you ever so much for your humbling and overwhelming endorsement ecNate :)

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »

leangyan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member

• Kickstarter:
Hi Annette,

Glad to see you back. The direction this deck has taken is simply awesome and looking forward to the jokers now :)

Regards,
Sunish

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi Annette,

Glad to see you back. The direction this deck has taken is simply awesome and looking forward to the jokers now :)

Regards,
Sunish

Thanks so much Sunish - glad to hear :)

Here's a look at the two Jokers... two-way designs with happy and colourful faces:

The 'red' Joker has its name in red - and incorporates colours from hearts and diamonds

The 'black' Joker incorporates colours from clubs and spades

Thanks for looking - *wave*

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:09 PM »

Helshawk

Fabulous job on the whole deck.   It looks fantastic.  If i may make a wee critique of the jokers, here is my take.  I love that you have incorporated the black cards and red cards into the two jokers along with the angular aspect for the red and the curvy aspect for the black.  I like the pips at the end of the jester cap on the black but not on the red.  It seems haphazard.  Maybe using one as an earring and the other to top the jester cap perhaps.  Just my two cents and it may not even be worth that much as it is so minor.

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »

skinny

• Forum Regular
This deck is great all the way. I'll agree with the basically insignificant critique from Helshawk. When seen side by side, the hearts and diamonds look a little off on the joker. I think that's partly because the red suits are "attached" to the jester's hat in a different spot than the black suits are. The hat (curling up vs. down) emphasizes it. Seen apart from each other, I don't notice it.

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Fabulous job on the whole deck.   It looks fantastic.  If i may make a wee critique of the jokers, here is my take.  I love that you have incorporated the black cards and red cards into the two jokers along with the angular aspect for the red and the curvy aspect for the black.  I like the pips at the end of the jester cap on the black but not on the red.  It seems haphazard.  Maybe using one as an earring and the other to top the jester cap perhaps.  Just my two cents and it may not even be worth that much as it is so minor.

This deck is great all the way. I'll agree with the basically insignificant critique from Helshawk. When seen side by side, the hearts and diamonds look a little off on the joker. I think that's partly because the red suits are "attached" to the jester's hat in a different spot than the black suits are. The hat (curling up vs. down) emphasizes it. Seen apart from each other, I don't notice it.

Thank you Helshawk and skinny :) So glad you pointed out the hearts and diamonds on the Joker hat - something was bugging me, but I was a little too lost in the detail to see. I'll definitely have a play around and post an update very soon. I like the earring/hat idea, thank you :)

This is going to sound ridiculous but I managed to break my finger last weekend (on a bushwalk - clambering up a rock, which wasn't a particularly clever thing to do...)! Luckily it's a clean break and will heal fine - I just have to be patient, which isn't the easiest  ???  ::) Drawing for the card back is underway and while I'm 'strapped' I will keep working on the ideas in my head. :)

I put some drawing images up on my art blog if you want to revisit the pre-painted stage of the artwork:
http://www.abolinaart.com.au/blog/looking-back-at-the-illustration-process/

Thanks for stopping by

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2017, 01:52:45 AM »

intlgrrl

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Sorry to hear about you finger breaking! I hope you have a speedy recovery. I love what you've done with the deck (I've been lurking for a while on this particular thread).

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2017, 11:15:42 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Looking great, hope you recover soon!

When and where can we expect to see this available for (pre) sale?  Will this be a KickStarter or other pre-sale method, are your printing direct and then selling from stock?

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Sorry to hear about you finger breaking! I hope you have a speedy recovery. I love what you've done with the deck (I've been lurking for a while on this particular thread).

Thanks so much intlgrrl :) I'm glad you like and I'm truly excited about finishing this deck - the support and feedback here has been both amazing and super inspiring :) I'm sad and sorry about the delay, especially as my finger is taking a little longer to heal than originally expected, though as soon as it's bendable I'll be right on track to complete the back and box :) There's this saying that 'everything happens for a reason' - somehow the universe wants me to slow down at the moment and while it is hard to... perhaps it is a good thing :)

Looking great, hope you recover soon!

When and where can we expect to see this available for (pre) sale?  Will this be a KickStarter or other pre-sale method, are your printing direct and then selling from stock?

Hi ecNate and thanks for stopping by :) At this stage I'm planning to launch the deck as my first KickStarter campaign - as soon as I have the back and box designs I will be seeking quotes from EPCC and Legends and start building the campaign... 

There's a lot for me to learn, so any advice is absolutely more than welcome :) :)  I'm currently thinking that as the artwork is bold and colourful throughout the deck, the first printing goal wouldn't need additional 'bells & whistles' (possibly a custom seal) - stretch goal could include synthetic tuck case and/or printing on the inside of the tuck ... and maybe a booklet or coins (though I need to look into those kind of extras :)) I also need to work out which option is best in terms of fulfilment, and if using a fulfilment company is preferable to sending decks from Australia.

Anyways... I am (again) really, really sorry about this unfortunate delay - hoping you're all well and enjoying life. *wave* from our ongoing record heatwave in the land downunder :)

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Since you mentioned color... One thing a few first time designers have had problems with is faithful color reproduction on the final print.  I'm not sure if it's due to not properly reviewing the sample, making changes after, relaying on different monitors/pictures or making the mistake of designing in RGB vs CMYK, etc.  You sound like a professional so probably not an issue, but something to double check - better to be late than wrong.  Which brings up another point, build in buffer time into your schedule - better to ship early than disappoint and be late.

You may also want to talk with Ben Jones from Elephant Playing Cards or Harris Soetikno of Cardazine (don't think active anymore though) since they did recent decks and were based in Australia.

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks for your advice ecNate and for popping in - much appreciated  :)

It's been a while, but finally dexterity is coming back and I'm delighted to to pick this project up again :)

Thanks for the feedback on the Jokers - it's great to have fresh eyes and pointers :)
Helshawk, I liked your suggestion to rearrange the 'hanging off hat' pips - and the red Joker now has a diamond on the hat and a heart earring :) To make it fair, the blue Joker also received a few small tweaks to make those hanging pips more part of the hat:

VIZAĜO - the card back design

I wanted the back of the cards to be part of the face theme, with lots of colour and detail. The drawing process has been so much fun and I do hope you enjoy end result :)

Cleaned up line drawings for the back design

Fire Red

Underwater Blue

And the two colour versions side by side ...

Thanks for looking and take care!

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Great to have you back, Annette! :D

Awesome back!  STUNNING  ;D  Let's get this deck printed already!  :bosswalk:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:33:25 PM by Cardfool »

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2017, 09:27:46 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thank you so much Cardfool - I can't tell you how much your positive and enthusiastic feedback means. :)

I'd love to release this with both the Fire Red and Underwater Blue back (with matching tuckboxes) - either both together - or if more practical, one could be a stretch goal. I'm starting on the box(es) now, with updates to follow soon :)

*wave*