You are Here:
KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic

Author (Read 27457 times)

Re: KINGS WILD PROJECT - Official Topic
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Ordered a brick! Even with international shipping @ $40, it's still a decent deal in my opinion...=) I actually almost ordered 2 bricks, but interestingly, the shipping was more than double! I took that as a sign that I was just being greedy and backed down to a single brick...=P Hope I get a decent mix!

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »

ozfan30

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Touch of Modern (a flash sale site) is having a 5 day sale on Kings Wild stuff.

They have an assorted sealed brick for $109, as well as Hive decks for $25 a set and the limited Civil War set for $22. I believe it is US only though.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/i/389ZESRM

If you are a new member and use the link above you get $10 instant credit. More than enough to cover shipping.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:16:36 AM by ozfan30 »

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Little bummed to get all Sherlock decks and a single Branded Reserve Note. I had more sherlock decks than I knew what to do with before 5 more came, haha, that's the gamble I suppose. Different to be gambling ON playing cards instead of with them. I guess I will find out if the KW seal will add value or diminish it when I sell my overstock of Jackson's overstock on eBay.

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:20:43 PM by Justin O. »
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Little bummed to get all Sherlock decks and a single Branded Reserve Note. I had more sherlock decks than I knew what to do with before 5 more came, haha, that's the gamble I suppose. Different to be gambling ON playing cards instead of with them. I guess I will find out if the KW seal will add value or diminish it when I sell my overstock of Jackson's overstock on eBay.

Edited for clarity

Man, that's rough! I sure hope that doesn't happen to me too! To be fair, we were warned there might be duplicates, but still... One can hope, right? Even more glad I didn't end up ordering 2 bricks now...=P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:17:17 AM by aldazar »

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »

troy

• True Member
Ordered a brick! Even with international shipping @ $40, it's still a decent deal in my opinion...=) I actually almost ordered 2 bricks, but interestingly, the shipping was more than double! I took that as a sign that I was just being greedy and backed down to a single brick...=P Hope I get a decent mix!

I ordered 2 bricks, went to pay, but the overseas shipping was $90. I backed out, and had them both shipped to a friend's house in America. He's going to stick them in his suitcase, along with other Kickstarter cards from the past half year. I get to see them in January 2015. Instead of paying for shipping, I can pay the excess baggage charges for another suitcase if needed, or just slip my friend $50 for his trouble and still come out way ahead.

I didn't get any of the Sherlock decks the first time around, so the Halloween sale was perfect for me. I hope I get the whole series in duplicate. I also hope it was stuffed with as many Black Reserve notes (don't have any) and Silver Certificates and White Reserves, as they are some of my favourite Kings Wild cards.

Even though I won't see this cards until January, it was my 2nd best card purchase this year. My favourite decks were The Hive.

patience > shitty international shipping

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Edited for clarity

Man, that's rough! I sure hope that doesn't happen to me too! To be fair, we were warned there might be duplicates, but still... One can hope, right? Even more glad I didn't end up ordering 2 bricks now...=P

Duplicates is one thing - quintuplicates is quite another!  That's a bit less than fair.

I ordered 2 bricks, went to pay, but the overseas shipping was $90. I backed out, and had them both shipped to a friend's house in America. He's going to stick them in his suitcase, along with other Kickstarter cards from the past half year. I get to see them in January 2015. Instead of paying for shipping, I can pay the excess baggage charges for another suitcase if needed, or just slip my friend $50 for his trouble and still come out way ahead.

I didn't get any of the Sherlock decks the first time around, so the Halloween sale was perfect for me. I hope I get the whole series in duplicate. I also hope it was stuffed with as many Black Reserve notes (don't have any) and Silver Certificates and White Reserves, as they are some of my favourite Kings Wild cards.

Even though I won't see this cards until January, it was my 2nd best card purchase this year. My favourite decks were The Hive.

patience > shitty international shipping

Make sure that your friend packs it as baggage and uses a TSA lock on the bag.  Some agents confuse stacks of playing cards with bricks of C4 explosive on the bag X-ray machine.  I've had it happen twice.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
My brick arrived today, and I actually got a pretty decent mix! Slightly skewed toward the Sherlock series (5/12), but that's ok with me because I didn't get in on the KS or buy them later... I even got a black reserve note deck, which is awesome because they're my favorite KW deck...=)

Overall quite happy - didn't get more than 2 of any particular deck...=) Thanks Jackson!

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 01:19:42 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

Edited for clarity

5 Sherlock decks as in all actual Sherlock decks or 5 from the Sherlock Series?
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »

runIt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Off topic: anyone got their KW Tallys or atleast a shipping notification?

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »

troy

• True Member
I just received an email that my 4 decks are shipping.

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2014, 01:07:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Off topic: anyone got their KW Tallys or atleast a shipping notification?
I just received an email that my 4 decks are shipping.

I don't think I got a shipping notice, but then again I'm lousy at checking my emails from my "retailers and junk mail" address.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2014, 02:15:40 AM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I picked-up a few KWP Tallys in Charleston, thought I'd share a comparison pic with an Ohio pack:

/bama

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2016, 01:31:38 PM »

akicer

Now it's so hard to find the unbranded black reserve note....ebay price is so scary