« on: November 03, 2011, 02:50:45 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
The pre-release for this deck is on Nov 5th

Here's some photos

"There will only be 2500 printed, and only 2000 of those will be sold off the bat. Once they're gone, they're gone. These cards will be priced at $7.99 per deck, and $81.95 per brick (12 decks)."

"The decks are expected to arrive approx. 1-1.5 months after the prerelease date."

"Aristocrat stock with a magic finish"

"Shipping is very inexpensive with us, even internationally, and is only based on weight and whether it is international or not, but not how far you are. One deck to around 10 decks would ship for about $7, a brick is free because we have free shipping (yes, including international) for orders over $50. So if you get less than a brick it'll be $7, more than a brick it's free"

I'll wait to they're printed to check them out.

Enjoy

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: The Style Deck by www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:11 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I like the box and the Ace of Spades. The backs, court cards and the Jokers kill it for me.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:41:24 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Totally agree.  When your mustache is just a rectangle, you have been poorly designed IMO.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea i like the name is some what like the fronts but the backs are horrible i my opinion.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
A better pic of the box

Check out more pics here:
http://52cartes.wordpress.com/

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I like everything except the back. It seems poorly designed. But Ill still get some!  :o

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Thematically this deck had a lot of potential. Guy Fawkes, the masks, the concept of "anonymous," and the mystery surrounding them - could have made for an amazing deck of cards.

I'm not sure what the name or the deck have to do with the concept of Guy Fawkes, because nothing on the cards has anything to do with that.

I wonder if someone from Bedeceived would like to come on here and explain what exactly makes this deck what it is, and why they chose to use such iconic imagery without representing it properly?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »

Bedeceived

Hey guys,

Collin Stover from Bedeceived here.  I can assure you that a lot of time was put into this deck, and I will offer you some of the reasoning behind the designs and the marketing as well. 

The designs (such as a "rectangle" mustache) were meant to be simple.  As some of you may know, Bedeceived's tagline is Style, Mystery, and Confidence.  We will be releasing 3 decks in a trilogy, Style being the first, and the vision for Style was to be easy to look at, especially as the faces of the cards go.  Some designs go over the top, and you can barely tell what you're looking at half of the time.  Our objective was to create an elegant and simple display of art on each card.  You'll notice that all of the pips are custom as well, and are smaller than standard bicycle pips.  The court cards are zoomed out with no border, and include few colors and little distracting designs to reinforce that simple feel.  The backs bring it all together with something that's interesting to look at, and unique from other cards.  When you see a Style Deck, you will know it's a Style Deck.

As far as the Guy Fawkes goes, I will be the first to admit that not a lot of planning went into that, and that it was a mistake to continue with that without thinking it through.  Keep in mind that Bedeceived is a relatively new company and especially at the time, we were still figuring a lot out.  We simply knew that we wanted to prerelease in November, and decided that November 5th would be a significant date, and it would be cool to promote it with Guy Fawkes day.  We've since stopped promoting it that way, and any pictures you see featuring that mask are outdated.  (You have to admit though, the Fawkes mask IS pretty Stylish.  Very simple, elegant even).

So I do hope you guys give this deck a chance.  Trust me, a lot of work was put into it, and this will pave the way for the Mystery Deck.  New artist.  New art. 

Thanks for all of your interest, and have a fantastic day!

Sincerely,
Collin Stover
-CEO, Bedeceived
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:49:35 PM by Bedeceived »

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You sold me on the fact that you're learning as you go, Colin! Good luck with the Style deck. I won't be picking them up because the back design just doesn't mesh with what a back design should be - and not in a good way.

Still, I have no doubt you'll get far enough to print the second deck, and I really hope you can take things a whole new level then. "Mystery" is the best word for using Guy Fawkes. I'm glad you guys abandoned that campaign, it gave a really immature first impression.

Keep us posted on progress and such, I'm sure several people here are eagerly awaiting their release. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I'll admit that this one isn't for me but I have to give you huge respect for coming on and defending your choices, and even more for admitting a mistake.  I should point out when I said 'poorly designed, IMO' I really meant that I didn't personally like the design, not that it was subjectively poor. 
Seeing them in the hand, I could see people liking them and I really do hope they do well.  I don't like the look, I won't be getting any but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for future releases from Bedeceived.

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
STYLE Deck is available now!
http://bedeceived.com/launched/shop/decks/

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 12:04:33 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I with I could get this deck, but after ordering $52 dollars of Vortex $18.90 from DnD and going to get the Seasons decks. And the Christmas deck from Ellusionist.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:07:07 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea im sending so much to aether i have no money for other cards, will be watching how much i have and be trying to get some decks from bmpokerworld or i just say the amazon has a lot of cards might check there.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 02:42:06 AM »

Bedeceived

I want to thank everyone in this thread for being supportive and constructive with your feedback.  The sales tonight have exceeded even my expectations, and I hope they continue to do so! 

Thank you all again!

Sincerely,
Collin Stover
Bedeceived

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Congratulations!
And nice to see you here.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 04:43:39 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I was unsure about these also but I've just ordered 2, they look very different to what I would normally go for but I would like to see them in person, shipping to the UK was only $5, now that's very good. It's nice to hear they are selling well, good luck with it.
UC

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 06:01:19 AM »

LauR

• Elite Member
I'm surprised at all the hate the backs getting, if anything the back is the only thing that convinced me to buy this deck, well that and the free international shipping for $50+. The red on black contrasts so much and changes it from a normal black and white deck to something that's eye catching. I agree with the rest though, the court cards are a major deterrent.

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
For some reason I seem to recall having seen the silhouette picture of the suited man, minus what I assume is a card spring or something.

Collin, would you mind clearing up if it's all original artwork or if any elements are borrowed/from some open source?
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »

Bedeceived

For some reason I seem to recall having seen the silhouette picture of the suited man, minus what I assume is a card spring or something.

Collin, would you mind clearing up if it's all original artwork or if any elements are borrowed/from some open source?
It's our logo, so as far as I know, no.  Maybe you're thinking of something from James Bond? haha

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 02:44:59 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
It's our logo, so as far as I know, no.  Maybe you're thinking of something from James Bond? haha

Thought I saw it on one of those infomercial-memes or whatever one calls them, but if it's original work I must've mistaken it for a smiliar design.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:58 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I LIKE MAILBOXES!