You are Here:
Is it possible?

Author (Read 591 times)

Is it possible?
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:10 PM »

jeffpiercemagic

• Newcomer
So here's my question. Is it possible to produce a high quality deck in a limited quantity of only 200 or so? I want to give them away with another product I'm working on.

Jeff

Re: Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
MPC, Makeplayingcards.com, makes a high quality playing card that you can have printed in very low quantities. If you haven't checked them out lately it's worth doing in my opinion. Only word of caution I would give is, the laser cut edges are not faro friendly at all.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »

jeffpiercemagic

• Newcomer
Thanks for the info FES.

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 02:58:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I would add to that that while the production quality is improving, they do have a tendency to reproduce colors a little darker than expected.  You can try to compensate for this but it isn't easy.  However, you also have the luxury of ordering a print run of exactly one deck, meaning it can function as a prototype, allowing you the chance to refine the design to accommodate their printing capabilities in terms of color/brightness reproduction.  Make a "prototype" (single-deck run), tweak the design, make another, tweak the design, until within a couple of tries you have it right where you want it, THEN you pull the trigger on a 200-deck run.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/