You are Here:
Kickstarter Vintage Packer Photos Deck - "Acme Cards" & Custom Flask for $20

Author (Read 625 times)

Jspaff99

• Newcomer
There's a new Cheese in town. The String Cheese Hat holds 2 Beers, 1 Flask and your Head. One of the rewards is the "Acme Cards" deck of vintage Green Bay Packer images. The photos on the deck are public domain photos gathered of early 1920s, 1930s Packers.  The "Acme Cards" come at the $20 reward level ALONG WITH a customized "Wisconsin Warming Solution" Flask. Kickstarter project runs until end of February. After project completion, going forward 10% of all profits go to the SE Wisconsin Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.

Link to Kickstarter "Acme Cards" and custom Flask is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/4531015/string-cheese-hat
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:48:49 AM by Don Boyer »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Mr. Jason Spafford - welcome to the PCF.

I'm sorry to inform you that your project's probably going to get closed within the next few days.  Kickstarter has changed their rules around a little, but the one about projects not being used to raise money for charity is still very much in effect.  Perhaps you'll have better luck when you re-tool the project and start over.

Consider using IndieGoGo instead - they're not as popular, but they're also not as fussy about raising funds for charity and they allow for "flex funding" - meaning whatever pledges you get, you receive at project's end, regardless of whether you reach your goal.  But bear in mind that when people around here see "flex funding", they usually walk in the opposite direction, because what's the point of having a goal that you don't even have to reach?  They also dislike how IGG won't ever let a backer cancel their pledge.

Cheers, and good luck!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Jspaff99

• Newcomer
Don,

I appreciate the heads up, but my post may not have been concise. I understand the rules regarding charities on kickstarter.  I have contacted and received approval. My post states "after project completion, going forward 10% of profits...." The money from the project is not going to the charity. I had that exact verbiage approved by kickstarter before launching. I apologize if it was not clear, but it was the language I had approved. That said, I may want to look into indie go go for this project or future projects. I used kickstarter because of my familiarity with it- having funded a book publishing in 2011. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. And, if you are a Packer fan or fan of nostalgia take a look at my "Acme Cards" rewards.

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don,

I appreciate the heads up, but my post may not have been concise. I understand the rules regarding charities on kickstarter.  I have contacted and received approval. My post states "after project completion, going forward 10% of profits...." The money from the project is not going to the charity. I had that exact verbiage approved by kickstarter before launching. I apologize if it was not clear, but it was the language I had approved. That said, I may want to look into indie go go for this project or future projects. I used kickstarter because of my familiarity with it- having funded a book publishing in 2011. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. And, if you are a Packer fan or fan of nostalgia take a look at my "Acme Cards" rewards.

It's good that you worked that out.  Part of the confusion stemmed from your description of "donations" in the reward tiers.  When I buy a pack of cards at the store, I'm not "donating" anything to the store - I'm paying for goods or services rendered!

As long as you're not raising money for charity in the project itself, don't use IndieGoGo.  I mentioned it for your project when I believed it to be a charity fundraiser, but as far as straight-up projects go, IGG doesn't have the audience nor the reputation that KS does, and their policies are more restrictive to the backer.  IGG backers are charged immediately rather than upon project completion, and when I backed a project that was canceled by its creator before completion, I actually had to threaten them to get my money back right away instead of waiting four more weeks for the project to formally close.  The only logical reason for this I can come up with is that they're heavily dependent on interest from "float" to make at least some percentage of their cash.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:36:17 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
This page's images and ideas crack me up. Good stuff! Hahaha, string cheese heads.  :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)