Knowledge by Legends PCC
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I'm excited for this deck.  Ordered a few and can't wait until I get them in my hands.

https://legendsplayingcards.com/collections/playing-cards/products/knowledge

Introducing Knowledge playing cards, the ultra-rare modern classic. An LPCC in-house deck, celebrating all the knowledge Legends PCC has gained from years of innovation in playing card production.

Ultra-black imported Italian Fedrigoni paper. An intensely deep black satin-smooth FSC certified tuck paper. The first of it's kind on any tuck box, with a strong resistance to light. This allows for the hot-stamped gold foil to pop with an intensity never before seen on a tuck box.

From Fedrigoni; "The innovative composition of the alpha cellulose pulp without carbon black dyes prevents oxidation when hot foil processes are used, and also helps reduce scuff-ability. This paper is neutral pH to ensure longevity."

Knowledge features Classic Finish card stock with hot-stamped gold foil card backs, an extremely difficult process pioneered and mastered with our friends at Expert PCC, which requires many steps to be executed correctly.

The classic faces of Knowledge were designed by Peter Gurney of London in his Verdye deck, c.1910 and re-mastered by our in-house artists for a modern print run. The artwork was provided to us courtesy of the Ken Lodge collection, it is the only arts & crafts deck he has heard of and was acquired without a tuck or jokers, which made a perfect fit for Knowledge. The Arts & Crafts movement was at its height from 1880-1910 and its greatest proponents were William Morris and the early Edwin Lutyens.

We fell in love with this art cards when we saw it, the line work and full-framed court cards have a surprisingly modern appearance for a deck produced at the turn of the century. We are proud to bring these classic works of art back to life in an ultra-modern deck of playing cards. We can offer this set of court cards to anyone wanting to print a run of decks with LPCC.

Gold foil seal. Limited to 1,000 decks printed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:56:48 AM by PrincessTrouble »

Re: Knowledge by Legends PCC
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »

Connor X

• Newcomer
  • Heyo!
Yeah, these look really nice in my opinion. I might get a few.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 04:42:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
They're lovely, but at $15.75 a pack plus shipping, they're not exactly what one would call a bargain.  Considering the rarity, however, it's not entirely beyond-the-realm pricing - I've paid more for a deck just as rare without the foil stamping on the cards.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »

rousselle

• Forum Regular
Received mine yesterday; I ordered these along with a few others that I'd been waiting to batch up.

This deck is tasty. The foil is very well done, and the use of metallic ink on the courts is also well done. This scratches a mental itch for me the way T11's Artisans did when those came out, in that i just like to pull these out and fan them and look at them. They are pretty standard, in that they don't scream out "THIS IS A CUSTOM ART DECK!", but the embellishments (foil, metallic ink, standard-but-not-really-standard courts) enhance the experience something fierce.

Next time Legends has a sale that includes these decks, I'll certainly pick up more. As Don says, the price point is a little high. But, yeah. I'm glad I have these in my collection now.
There are no 3's in rousselle. There are, however, two s's, two l's, two e's (but not in a row), an r, an o, and a u.