Hipsteria Playing Cards - KS

Author (Read 501 times)

Hipsteria Playing Cards - KS
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Hipsteria Playing Cards - KS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:16:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Don't seem like there's much to this one.  The art is OK, but the theme's kinda meh.  Probably doesn't help that a) I'm not a hipster, and b) any hipster worth his or her salt wouldn't be caught dead being called a hipster, so they're very unlikely to be interested.  That leaves the potential audience as "people who have friends that are hipsters and want to buy them what they think are ironic gifts but will probably end up at the back of the kitchen junk drawer."

Perhaps it if had a different title, it would have a better shot at success.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Hipsteria Playing Cards - KS
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:44:38 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Don't seem like there's much to this one.  The art is OK, but the theme's kinda meh.  Probably doesn't help that a) I'm not a hipster, and b) any hipster worth his or her salt wouldn't be caught dead being called a hipster, so they're very unlikely to be interested.  That leaves the potential audience as "people who have friends that are hipsters and want to buy them what they think are ironic gifts but will probably end up at the back of the kitchen junk drawer."

Perhaps it if had a different title, it would have a better shot at success.

I think you're right about the title. I like that it's completely off the wall. I'm by no means a hipster so, it may not be too off the wall to some. I don't understand the tie ins and I don't care to learn either. I do appreciate the uniqueness of this deck though I'd like a more unique card back on it. They may be a buy factor for some people but to me... Skulls are seriously played out. Like the 8-bit art that was everywhere a few years ago, thankfully that seems to have gone. Skulls on card backs, lets let it go too. The color is a win, great choice and I like the interior tuck art. I don't know that I like it enough to tear a tuck box apart to see it all. It's nice that it's there.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)