NEW DECK - Mythos: NECRONOMICON is LIVE

Author (Read 4152 times)

NEW DECK - Mythos: NECRONOMICON is LIVE
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
After the recent change of plans, we bring you NECRONOMICON. What was originally intended to be the 2nd deck in the MYTHOS series is now the 1st. This deck will feature many of the same specs of the now delayed Mythos: Cthulhu Calls Deck. Magick Finish, Bee Quality paper stock, Hand drawn designs, rich colors and plenty of stretch goals to make this a fun project. Keep an eye out for details.

PS. That is eastern time
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:42:06 PM by 4pm Designer »
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

Re: NEW DECK - Mythos: NECRONOMICON by 4PM DESIGNS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »

vmagic

Why is the other one delayed? Because somebody else is selling a similar one?

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:41:19 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Why is the other one delayed? Because somebody else is selling a similar one?
Yes. I believe they said something along the lines of how it wouldn't be fair for the other company, and it woul also hinder their sales, due to two Cthulu decks competing.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Yes that is true. It's a matter of professionalism and timing. To release Cthulhu Calls at the same time wouldn't be fair at all. Luckily we had Necronomicon ready. Actually did us a favor because we preferred this design.

Be sure to catch the early bird rewards!
Creator of Legacy, The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards. CEO of 4PM DESIGNS.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 04:30:51 AM »

Kenneth

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Looks Amazing definitely something to look forward too
Ao No Exorcist - Finished
Stein's Gate - Finished
FMAB - Finished
One Piece - Currently watching 
Hunter X Hunter 2011 - Currently watching
Hitman Reborn - Currently Watching

Playing Card Collection: https://picasaweb.google.com/117868386827354506649/PlayingCardCollection?authuser=0&feat=directlink

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
UPDATE: As of 2:30pm EST, kickstarter is giving us some issues reviewing the page. For the last 2 days the project page has been ready to launch but remained in "pending limbo". We thought it would've been cleared up by now but nooooooooooo. so we're waiting on a reply from the kickstarter staff concerning the hold up. We hope to clear it up soon so stay tuned for info. We'll be back on here before 6pm if we still haven't heard back from kickstarter.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS!! Everything is back on schedule. Be ready, it's coming!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:35:56 PM by 4pm Designer »

Re: NEW DECK - Mythos: NECRONOMICON is LIVE
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:36:27 AM by Evan »

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 01:01:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Mythos: Necronomicon is now a Bicycle brand deck using Bee stock! Head over to the kickstarter to give it a gander.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:23:14 AM by 4pm Designer »

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Mythos: Nedronomicon is now a Bicycle brand deck using Bee stock! Head over to the kickstarter to give it a gander.

That's nice to hear about "Nedronomicon" but what about NeCROnomicon?  :))  You must be excited if you're mistyping your project's name...

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:19 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Mythos: Nedronomicon is now a Bicycle brand deck using Bee stock! Head over to the kickstarter to give it a gander.

That's nice to hear about "Nedronomicon" but what about NeCROnomicon?  :))  You must be excited if you're mistyping your project's name...

lol I never noticed I spelled it wrong, I just edited it.

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Hey gang! Just wantd to let you all know we just added some amazing dice to our kickstarter. These are exclusively made for our campaign. Go check them out!!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Dice seem to be popular for deck kickstarters lately! I like them!

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 06:53:38 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Yeh they are very popular recently. I actually didn't want to do them but my colleague persuaded me. Besides, people wanted them so I got to make the people happy.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular
Well, I really like this deck - specially the back design - but I don't like where the new update heads to.

Limited edition of 1500 on an already limited run of 5000? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me.

That would leave us with 1500 "limited" and 3500 "standard" decks. Even in terms of rarity, 1 out of 3.33 isn't exactly rare.

It all reads like forcing up the deck's price on the expense of collector's desire of something that looks to be limited.

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well, I really like this deck - specially the back design - but I don't like where the new update heads to.

Limited edition of 1500 on an already limited run of 5000? I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me.

That would leave us with 1500 "limited" and 3500 "standard" decks. Even in terms of rarity, 1 out of 3.33 isn't exactly rare.

It all reads like forcing up the deck's price on the expense of collector's desire of something that looks to be limited.

If all a collector is looking for is "rare" and "limited", of course they'll be disappointed - but it has more to do with their mindset than the actual deck release.

The deck is still just as rare as before - only 5,000 to be made.  A fraction of them will be all fancified with a special sticker seal and pretty box.  Personally, I see no reason to freak out if you're in it for the cards, 'cause whatever's in the fancy box will also be exactly what's in the not-so-fancy box.  If you think the box makes it worth extra to you, knock yourself out and have a blast, get all the fancy boxes you want.  If not, then you'd be perfectly happy backing it just for the "basic" box.

When did rarity become a measurement of happiness?  'Cause it's not a very good one, really.

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »

sway

• Forum Regular
If all a collector is looking for is "rare" and "limited", of course they'll be disappointed - but it has more to do with their mindset than the actual deck release.

The deck is still just as rare as before - only 5,000 to be made.  A fraction of them will be all fancified with a special sticker seal and pretty box.  Personally, I see no reason to freak out if you're in it for the cards, 'cause whatever's in the fancy box will also be exactly what's in the not-so-fancy box.  If you think the box makes it worth extra to you, knock yourself out and have a blast, get all the fancy boxes you want.  If not, then you'd be perfectly happy backing it just for the "basic" box.

When did rarity become a measurement of happiness?  'Cause it's not a very good one, really.

First of all, don't get me wrong, Don. It's not like I'm removing my pledge or anything because of this. And yes, I'm on it for the cards and I never even considered buying the Foil version, because I'd rather buy 2 extra decks for that same price.

On the other hand, I'm fond of the use of foil tuck cases for playing cards. 4PM Designs can perfectly and probably will make good use of it, but to call this 'foil tuck version' limited is ludicrous, IMHO.

My criticism is headed to the misuse of the term "limited edition" for this specific version of the deck. As you all know, Mythos: Necronomicon is already a limited run of 5000, so it's formerly what one would describe as _LIMITED_. The word 'limited' appeals directly to collectors in search of something unique or rare, and it's not exactly what you may get from this foil version.

On my last post I made some simple math to point that the ratio of "limited" to "standard" would be 3:7. So, 3 in every 10 is a "limited" version, and 7 in every 10 is "standard". If you are collector concerned about rarity, be warned that "limited" here doesn't really mean you're getting something that is by all means what we're used to see called as limited.

If you're on it because it really appeals to you and it seems worth the price, go ahead and get you some foil versions.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 07:03:03 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Using the word limited in its correct definition is considered ludicrous? Regardless of what mathematic ratio you look at, it still proves the point. It's still limited aka a small amount of decks as compared to the whole. Even If we ran 15,000 decks they're still limited. Limited to 15,000 decks. I don't understand why limiting an already limited deck would even be broughten up in a negative manner based on terminology. Does using another term really matter? They're still a reduced aka "limited" amount of decks considered to the whole. Now if we cut the decks down the middle, that would be a different story because its an equal amount, but it isn't.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:44:12 PM by 4pm Designer »

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
First of all, don't get me wrong, Don. It's not like I'm removing my pledge or anything because of this. And yes, I'm on it for the cards and I never even considered buying the Foil version, because I'd rather buy 2 extra decks for that same price.

On the other hand, I'm fond of the use of foil tuck cases for playing cards. 4PM Designs can perfectly and probably will make good use of it, but to call this 'foil tuck version' limited is ludicrous, IMHO.

My criticism is headed to the misuse of the term "limited edition" for this specific version of the deck. As you all know, Mythos: Necronomicon is already a limited run of 5000, so it's formerly what one would describe as _LIMITED_. The word 'limited' appeals directly to collectors in search of something unique or rare, and it's not exactly what you may get from this foil version.

On my last post I made some simple math to point that the ratio of "limited" to "standard" would be 3:7. So, 3 in every 10 is a "limited" version, and 7 in every 10 is "standard". If you are collector concerned about rarity, be warned that "limited" here doesn't really mean you're getting something that is by all means what we're used to see called as limited.

If you're on it because it really appeals to you and it seems worth the price, go ahead and get you some foil versions.

The math is pretty simple here and you're not really grasping it.

Before: 5000 decks - LIMITED.  If they were unlimited, we'd be making them forever and ever...

After: 1500 in fancy foil boxes, 3500 in "standard" boxes - STILL LIMITED.  If anything, the standard-tuck versions have suddenly become MORE LIMITED, since there's now 1500 fewer of them being made!

The cards inside are the same - so what?  The Olympic decks were three different boxes holding the same decks.  Black Ghost 1st Edition and Black Ghost 2nd Edition are practically identical to each other.  Collectors decided one was somehow worth more than the other.  People who play with cards, however, could really care less, and they buy the cheaper one.

You like pretty, shiny boxes?  Pay the extra and get the shiny box.  If it's not worth the extra to you, somehow I think you'll find a way to live with yourself if you don't buy them and "settle" for less.

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Yesterday we have added a new reward to go with our ARC Card Clips and NECRODICE. These are Gold Polished Coins we call NECRONOMICOINS...see what we did there? These are not ceramic or plastic chips, these are "put a dent in someone's head" Brass Metal. EDIT: Coins are now double sided with the same design on both sides. (We do not endorse putting a dent in someone's head :))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:33:10 PM by 4pm Designer »

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 03:16:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Yesterday we have added a new reward to go with our ARC Card Clips and NECRODICE. These are Gold Polished Coins we call NECRONOMICOINS...see what we did there? These are not ceramic or plastic chips, these are "put a dent in someone's head" Brass Metal. They are only one sided but still look pretty cool. (We do not endorse putting a dent in someone's head :))

Cool idea, bro, but I'll draw the line at chewing gum and deodorant.  A.k.a. "Necrochew" and "Necrostink".

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 03:25:54 AM »

Utterfool

• Elite Member
  • " I have nothing to declare except my folly"

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• last.fm:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:
Yesterday we have added a new reward to go with our ARC Card Clips and NECRODICE. These are Gold Polished Coins we call NECRONOMICOINS...see what we did there? These are not ceramic or plastic chips, these are "put a dent in someone's head" Brass Metal. They are only one sided but still look pretty cool. (We do not endorse putting a dent in someone's head :))

Cool idea, bro, but I'll draw the line at chewing gum and deodorant.  A.k.a. "Necrochew" and "Necrostink".

Or nail care products....

wait for it

Necrofile

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 05:15:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Or nail care products....

wait for it

Necrofile

Sounds like a cross between a zombie flick and a Fox Network show about the paranormal...

You can have a line of cereals, call them "Necroflakes"...  Available in Dirt, Dried Blood and Mold flavors!  Now with extra Brain Bits!

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »

4pm Designer

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Damn! You guys stole my ideas! I guess the hair gel Necrostiff wouldn't go so well. Back to the drawing board.

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Damn! You guys stole my ideas! I guess the hair gel Necrostiff wouldn't go so well. Back to the drawing board.

Don't you mean the "Necroboard"?  It's as stiff as a stiff!