You are Here:
Bicycle® Olympus Playing Cards (KS) - WARNING

Author (Read 5257 times)

Re: Bicycle® Olympus Playing Cards (KS) - WARNING
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »

levereno

• Newcomer
First of all, I removed everything about the ellusionists. There is no ellusionist anymore. None, nada. The word ellusionist was removed on the first day. It's been 4 days now. There shouldn't be no problem now. so what's the problem now? I don't get why everyone is all so "hyped". The word ellusionist is gone, I appologized. it's been 4 days. No more ellusionist. But we still see more and more replies on the subject is I don't get.

I made a mistake, I appologized, case closed. It's been 4 days. You haven't seen me posting about ellusionist again have you? So what's the problem now? More and more gossip on this subject is just getting annoying. Leave this project be and move on.

If you don't want to pledge, that's fine, don't pledge. There is no need for unnecessary comments on the project.

It doesn't matter that you apologized, it matters that you were wrong in a way that disrespected the community in the first place. You took half measures to seek approval to promote your deck in a decietful way that disrespected the community and attempted to manipulate your backers. Not only with Ellusionist but also, it seems, with Max Playing Cards. Furthermore you misrepresented the situation in two different ways through two different venues (here and the UC forum) which felt like a further con after the fact. Regardless of whether your intentions were honest or not doesn't matter, you are culpable for how it is percieved.

You made a big wave in a small pond, it isn't going to just die down because you apologized.

edited for clarity.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:09:15 PM by levereno »

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Just in case, we're not working with him either.

So let us know if our name magically appears anywhere in association with that project.

I have to admit that was pretty funny.  I also liked your comment with the Breaking Bad guy who came on the scene with an obvious copyright violation. 

@levereno - You have lost all credibility. Good-Bye
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:23:08 AM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 03:24:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
First of all, I removed everything about the ellusionists. There is no ellusionist anymore. None, nada. The word ellusionist was removed on the first day. It's been 4 days now. There shouldn't be no problem now. so what's the problem now? I don't get why everyone is all so "hyped". The word ellusionist is gone, I appologized. it's been 4 days. No more ellusionist. But we still see more and more replies on the subject is I don't get.

I made a mistake, I appologized, case closed. It's been 4 days. You haven't seen me posting about ellusionist again have you? So what's the problem now? More and more gossip on this subject is just getting annoying. Leave this project be and move on.

If you don't want to pledge, that's fine, don't pledge. There is no need for unnecessary comments on the project.

There's making a mistake, then there's repeating the EXACT SAME MISTAKE, indicating that you learned nothing from the experience and are willing and able to attempt deception in order to sell decks.  There are enough scams abound on Kickstarter without you adding to the heap, thankyouverymuch.  That's the LAST kind of project creator KS needs, my friend.  Giving two entirely different explanations on two different forums (where many of the members frequent BOTH forums) was just the icing on the crap cake.  So, you baked it - you eat it!  We sure as hell won't!

In short, a project creator who so thoroughly loses the trust of his core demographic is the creator of a project that failed before it began.  We might have considered forgiveness on the first blunder, but when you made the second in the exact same way as the first, it became open season.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:33 AM »

alvinhy

• Elite Member
  • SiShou Playing Cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Do you think your attitude here would save you from the hole you created? You saying "If you don't want to pledge, that's fine, don't pledge" shows you don't care about your backers in any way. All you care is the money.

You know why I chose to do free shipping fulfilled from Hong Kong for my project? It is so that everyone has a fair price internationally. Even if I am losing money on some tiers.

"There is no need for unnecessary comments on the project"
I think all comments here are necessary to educate potential backers of the creators background. This forum isn't just a place where you post your project to "advertise". I'm surprised you did not put the Discourse as a partner too.
This is  a place for people to comment on projects good or bad to give more information on potential backers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:57:09 AM by alvinhy »

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Just in case, we're not working with him either.

So let us know if our name magically appears anywhere in association with that project.

heh, this got a chuckle. Artwork is just a small part of doing these projects, as we can clearly see...

I thought it would be "Just in case, we're not working with him either." :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net