Best Custom Courts of 2014

Author (Read 2466 times)

« on: December 12, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

This Award is for the Best  Custom Court Cards of 2014! Post your nominations here.

Nominated, not Seconded:

Nominated AND Seconded:

Re: Best Custom Courts of 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED.  This award had NO nominations, thus is canceled for this year.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 01:15:29 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
This should be a joke.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This should be a joke.

Believe me, I was shocked as well.  Next year, I'll probably fold this into the category for best faces.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
This should be a joke.

Believe me, I was shocked as well.  Next year, I'll probably fold this into the category for best faces.

Was all this voting really active and massive? I think it will be better to keep the list of all produced decks on the forum and automatically nominate them. Also pictures for each deck will help people to revive their memory and feelings. The voting should be closed in the end of January. Awards should be proclaimed on February 01, 20__.

P.S. Don't ask me who will do all that crazy work. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This should be a joke.

Was all this voting really active and massive? I think it will be better to keep the list of all produced decks on the forum and automatically nominate them. Also pictures for each deck will help people to revive their memory and feelings. The voting should be closed in the end of January. Awards should be proclaimed on February 01, 20__.

I dunno - sounded like you were volunteering!

Sure, we should do a lot of things.  I should be a rock star, magician and multimillionaire.  You should be married to Angelina Jolie.  My wife should let me make dinner and do the dishes once in a while, and stop worrying about things so much.

It's been my experience that just because something should happen, doesn't mean that it ever will.  Especially since the person who's whining the most and wants these changes isn't willing to put his money where is mouth is and make the changes himself!

I hear rumors that the good Lord helps people who help themselves - so either put up or shut up!  I would request hazard pay for this nonsense, but to do that I'd have to actually GET PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!  I do all this stuff for free, spending a good deal of time helping to create a community, so until you're ready to do the same, don't piss on me from a balcony and tell me it's raining!!  'Cause when I get pissed on, I find it much easier to get pissed off!!

And NO, nominating ALL the decks that come out is a STUPID idea!!  There were a few really crackpot deck concepts that made it to fruition - you honestly want to NOMINATE them for an AWARD?  The system we used is simple - if at least two people are interested enough in having a deck nominated, it gets nominated.  No decks that everyone hates, no decks that only one person likes and no one else.  This also keeps the list down from several hundred to perhaps a half-dozen or so - something much easier for one to sort through.

You want to know what the decks look like?  You're welcome to research them and post photos - like some of the OTHER MEMBERS were doing, rather than bemoaning the lack of deck images!!

Collector, everything aside, if you want to shape this community and their awards into something at least a little like your personal vision of what it should be, then GET INVOLVED.  Participate more often, volunteer to do stuff around here.  DO SOMETHING!  If you want to get all whiny and pissy on the sidelines rather than getting out on the field and in the game, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
This should be a joke.

I dunno - sounded like you were volunteering!

Sure, we should do a lot of things.  I should be a rock star, magician and multimillionaire.  You should be married to Angelina Jolie.  My wife should let me make dinner and do the dishes once in a while, and stop worrying about things so much.

It's been my experience that just because something should happen, doesn't mean that it ever will.  Especially since the person who's whining the most and wants these changes isn't willing to put his money where is mouth is and make the changes himself!

I hear rumors that the good Lord helps people who help themselves - so either put up or shut up!  I would request hazard pay for this nonsense, but to do that I'd have to actually GET PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!  I do all this stuff for free, spending a good deal of time helping to create a community, so until you're ready to do the same, don't piss on me from a balcony and tell me it's raining!!  'Cause when I get pissed on, I find it much easier to get pissed off!!

And NO, nominating ALL the decks that come out is a STUPID idea!!  There were a few really crackpot deck concepts that made it to fruition - you honestly want to NOMINATE them for an AWARD?  The system we used is simple - if at least two people are interested enough in having a deck nominated, it gets nominated.  No decks that everyone hates, no decks that only one person likes and no one else.  This also keeps the list down from several hundred to perhaps a half-dozen or so - something much easier for one to sort through.

You want to know what the decks look like?  You're welcome to research them and post photos - like some of the OTHER MEMBERS were doing, rather than bemoaning the lack of deck images!!

Collector, everything aside, if you want to shape this community and their awards into something at least a little like your personal vision of what it should be, then GET INVOLVED.  Participate more often, volunteer to do stuff around here.  DO SOMETHING!  If you want to get all whiny and pissy on the sidelines rather than getting out on the field and in the game, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

@Don, I think you had a hard night. And I am going to take all these (here and in other threads, in the personal message) as regular (unfortunately) misunderstanding on modern forums. I will answer all your resentments here.

1. "I dunno - sounded like you were volunteering!"
No. Sounded like I understand what a huge amount of work my propositions and ideas will mean for people that will try to implement them. That is why my question about activity around these awards. I can describe how to launch a space station her. Who will give money? Who will do that? This is my own irony about my own ideas, forestalling your possible reasonable "You are so clever to propose, better do that". I thought you have clear understanding that I am a mature person, respect people on this forum and have quite enough experience due to my site to understand what efforts are behind all these awards issues. I though I could omit some long explanatory clauses here like, "I just want to say that I mean this, but don't mean this...". Unfortunately you didn't understand that.

2.  "Sure, we should do a lot of things.  I should be a rock star, magician and multimillionaire.  You should be married to Angelina Jolie.  My wife should let me make dinner and do the dishes once in a while, and stop worrying about things so much."
English isn't my native language, so I assume my possible mistakes. But explain me the difference between "Don should proclaim awards on February 01, 20__." and "Awards should be proclaimed on February 01, 20__". It was short description of my ideas and vision without any negative attack on people organazing awards on this forum. I intentionally indicated this in one of threads saying that I understand amoun of their efforts and respect that. But I thought the forum is for opinions and not just for praising. Sorry that I have my own opinion and shared it. And sorry that I am not a big fan of Angelina Jolie.

3. "It's been my experience that just because something should happen, doesn't mean that it ever will.  Especially since the person who's whining the most and wants these changes isn't willing to put his money where is mouth is and make the changes himself!"

4. "I hear rumors that the good Lord helps people who help themselves - so either put up or shut up!  I would request hazard pay for this nonsense, but to do that I'd have to actually GET PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!  I do all this stuff for free, spending a good deal of time helping to create a community, so until you're ready to do the same, don't piss on me from a balcony and tell me it's raining!!  'Cause when I get pissed on, I find it much easier to get pissed off!!"

5. "And NO, nominating ALL the decks that come out is a STUPID idea!!  There were a few really crackpot deck concepts that made it to fruition - you honestly want to NOMINATE them for an AWARD?"
I don't think that all things which were made with 2014 Award on this forum are stupid. Can you imagine that? But you are more categorical in your  valuation of people's opinions, I have to think. And yes, if some strange deck was funded on Kickstarter it deserves forum's attention despite someone's lack of its understanding. Should I remind you your first comments about Misc Goods Playing Cards by Pedale Desing... and later ones after it was funded? That's an objective approach.

Otherwise you have a fight between active fan-bases of different designers which are active on this forum. And yes, you are right "...No decks that everyone hates, no decks that only one person likes and no one else..." in this case.

6. "You want to know what the decks look like?  You're welcome to research them and post photos - like some of the OTHER MEMBERS were doing, rather than bemoaning the lack of deck images!!"

7. "Collector, everything aside, if you want to shape this community and their awards into something at least a little like your personal vision of what it should be, then GET INVOLVED.  Participate more often, volunteer to do stuff around here.  DO SOMETHING!  If you want to get all whiny and pissy on the sidelines rather than getting out on the field and in the game, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF."
I do, my friend. Show me other blog, site, having active advertisement on this forum, which advertises your club and forum, for example. I just think that you will kill this forum very quickly with such approaches, "Do something on this forum, otherwise shut up and keep your opinions to yourself".

Unfortunately you don't understand that some people don't live on this forum, aren't English native speakers, so can't post long messages in foreign language. I can assure you that you won't be able to put together even two sentences in my language.

7. "Subjective?  You do realize that it was the members, not the staff, that made the choices?  If you have a complaint about it, complain to them!"

8. "The entire process, start to finish, took about FIVE WEEKS... Because as far as excuses go, yours was not a very good one at all.  In this day and age, in a modern society with all-pervasive networks, both wired and wireless, and countless gadgets that connect to them, "I couldn't visit the forum" really translates to "I didn't bother to visit the forum, and thus got excluded from part or all of the process."
From one side it was funny, from other... What can I say? Read above mentioned and for the future - my teacher couldn't confiscate my phone because I were sexting to a lovely young woman during class. There weren't mobile phones that time... Luckily lovely young women were.

9. "When the hints and remarks become persistent and continue coming, it gets annoying.  This evening I've lost my temper more than once about some of the remarks you've said.  I'd never tell you you aren't welcome here - you are, as is everyone else, with extremely rare exceptions.  But there is such a thing as taking a joke or a little kidding too far - please keep your eyes open for that line and try not to cross it.  The alternative would be for me to ignore whatever you have to say, and that would be a bad thing."
I promise to avoid any comments connected with forum's life and your activity on it. Maybe it will be better even avoid any comments on this forum. I don't want waste my time on these stupid explanations. I planned an article for my site insted of this narration. You find or invent resentments for yourself on this forum and than try to offence other people. I will never understand this.

10. "I'm not a very religious man, the closest thing to a religion I'd consider my own being Zen Buddhism.  The kind of inner conflict this creates isn't good.  The clearer my mind and my conscience, the calmer and more peaceful my life becomes."

p.s. This is called " Made several facetious remarks and expressed my joy that they were accepted in a right way, Aha, dream, Collector, about this."

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Whoa, what an exchange over half the awards section. . .  :mindf-ck:

I hope you'll continue to comment here at PCF, Collector. You're a great addition to the conversation in my opinion.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 12:50:27 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Perhaps you're right and I was in a bad mood.  I'm under a little stress right now - with the blizzard that's hitting my city, I'll be stuck on Manhattan probably all day Tuesday, not leaving until my shift ends on Wednesday morning.  I managed to arrive at work about 90 minutes before the travel ban went into effect - there's not a car, bus or train running anywhere in New York State south of Albany, and that will likely be the case for at least ten hours.  These situations are never fun.

I apologize for having blown up in the manner I did.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 07:19:16 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Perhaps you're right and I was in a bad mood.  I'm under a little stress right now - with the blizzard that's hitting my city, I'll be stuck on Manhattan probably all day Tuesday, not leaving until my shift ends on Wednesday morning.  I managed to arrive at work about 90 minutes before the travel ban went into effect - there's not a car, bus or train running anywhere in New York State south of Albany, and that will likely be the case for at least ten hours.  These situations are never fun.

I apologize for having blown up in the manner I did.

2014 awards have been granted, so let's move on. 2015 will be even more interesting, but complicated.

@Fes, thanks.