Rate your Kickstarter Project Creator

Author (Read 23098 times)

Rate your Kickstarter Project Creator
« on: September 15, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I had this idea...

People always talk about various project creators in different projects - this one was slow to deliver, that one was a month ahead of schedule, etc.

Why not rate these creators as well as their decks?  Someone can make the world's greatest playing cards, but if they're late and the box is badly dented, they're not exactly someone you'd be quick to order from again - or would you?

The Ground Rules, Rewritten 5 Nov 2014
Give your project creator a THUMBS UP or a THUMBS DOWN with a brief explanation of what made you make your choice - tell us about your experience.  Done!  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy...

Rather than going into the past and dredging up old information, let's stick to current and recently-closed projects.  Give us a paragraph or two that expresses your feelings about the project, what was done well, what needed improvement, what went entirely sideways and pear-shaped, etc. - and most importantly, whether or not you back this creator again for their next project.

If we get enough reviews up here, we can continue this on an ongoing basis and provide a summary chart.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:42:39 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Rate your Kickstarter Project Creator
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I like this idea.
Should we add on to this topic, or start a new one for each?
I would say a new topic for each, but keep ratings for the same projects on 1 topic each. What do you think?
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 03:04:42 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I like this idea.
Should we add on to this topic, or start a new one for each?
I would say a new topic for each, but keep ratings for the same projects on 1 topic each. What do you think?

If we create a new topic for each creator, it would be easier to find their reviews later on.  Have at it!

Use the tag [CREATOR] for reviewing project creators for any of the crowdfunding sites.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:05:55 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:08 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I like this idea, I can think of 3 great designers that I would NEVER back again. Why, mainly because of their unbelievable amount of arrogance and general rudeness to me. One took 1 week to get back to me and never answered my question, as though he did not even read my message at all.
However I am not sure I should mentioning them right now, as I would like to receive the decks I paid for one day and if I say all I want to say it would be highly probable that my decks would get "lost" in the mail.
Can we list creators and vote anonymously?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:48:58 AM by Rose »

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Really good idea, I would just reiterate Don's comment about not being emotional. Give a constructive breakdown of your experience and it may urge the person/company in question to rethink their process or methods.

On a side note, I would like to urge Aquila Backers to please utilize this forum to let us know about your experience. It was our 1st efforts and I'm sure it wasn't perfect, but we can only get better or make improvements if we know about the issues. 

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I like this idea, I can think of 3 great designers that I would NEVER back again. Why, mainly because of their unbelievable amount of arrogance and general rudeness to me. One took 1 week to get back to me and never answered my question, as though he did not even read my message at all.
However I am not sure I should mentioning them right now, as I would like to receive the decks I paid for one day and if I say all I want to say it would be highly probable that my decks would get "lost" in the mail.
Can we list creators and vote anonymously?

Well, until you receive and handle those decks, you really don't have enough information to provide a review.

Really good idea, I would just reiterate Don's comment about not being emotional. Give a constructive breakdown of your experience and it may urge the person/company in question to rethink their process or methods.

On a side note, I would like to urge Aquila Backers to please utilize this forum to let us know about your experience. It was our 1st efforts and I'm sure it wasn't perfect, but we can only get better or make improvements if we know about the issues. 

Yes, this should be a more dispassionate review.

I'll let you know how I like my Aquila cards, the moment I actually receive them!  :))  I was in the second round, with the November delivery date.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:54:47 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I was in the second round, with the November delivery date.

What second round Don??  :-\

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Was THIS the project that had two runs through KS, or was that a different deck?  I forget.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:12:43 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Was THIS the project that had two runs through KS, or was that a different deck?  I forget.

LOL, we had only one and it was funded 1st time around........should be shipping shortly and on time :)

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I have no problem typing up quick KS reviews. The rating system you're asking for is a bit odd to me though. It appears that the highest rating is what should be considered average, doing what they say they'll do is what par for the course should be. Anything under the 2 would be less than average, and there is no option for above average.

I can see where the system comes from and what's behind it. Keeping it as simple as possible. Only problem with that is, it makes it incredibly inaccurate. Wouldn't a 100 point system fill the need a bit better? Each category having 1 - 10 leaves a 5 average and various levels of above and below. I think that would help with accurate accounts from people. Even a five point per category would work, as long as there is a central number where average can take place.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I have no problem typing up quick KS reviews. The rating system you're asking for is a bit odd to me though. It appears that the highest rating is what should be considered average, doing what they say they'll do is what par for the course should be. Anything under the 2 would be less than average, and there is no option for above average.

I can see where the system comes from and what's behind it. Keeping it as simple as possible. Only problem with that is, it makes it incredibly inaccurate. Wouldn't a 100 point system fill the need a bit better? Each category having 1 - 10 leaves a 5 average and various levels of above and below. I think that would help with accurate accounts from people. Even a five point per category would work, as long as there is a central number where average can take place.

I'm going to make it incredibly simple, since the current method hasn't caught on.

Thumbs up or thumbs down, with an explanation of your experience.  Done!