You are Here:
How did you find PlayingCardForum?

Author (Read 8107 times)

Re: How did you find PlayingCardForum?
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »

MikeD

• Newcomer
I used google and found 52+Joker and made it here.

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 06:14:16 PM »

Miss G

• Newcomer
Hello. I've been researching my late father's passion after he left me his rather large collection of playing cards. He was a very enthusiastic collector and was known as a card producer himself. His name was Karl Gerich and I'm sure some of you know his work? I would love to know more about the subject if anyone has anything they think would help me and my sister learn more about his interest in playing cards. Thanks

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2017, 06:05:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Vice President/Director of Club Forum, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello. I've been researching my late father's passion after he left me his rather large collection of playing cards. He was a very enthusiastic collector and was known as a card producer himself. His name was Karl Gerich and I'm sure some of you know his work? I would love to know more about the subject if anyone has anything they think would help me and my sister learn more about his interest in playing cards. Thanks

Was your father a member of 52 Plus Joker?  It's a club based in North America that unites playing card collectors of all stripes.  It has a membership worldwide and owns and runs this forum.

I wasn't aware of your father's work until I just looked it up now.  He did some incredible artwork, really lovely cards.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Services for Hire

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »

Miss G

• Newcomer
Hi. No he wasn't a member as far as I am aware. He was a member of the EPCS and when his health was OK went to their meetings occasionally. He stopped producing cards in the nineties due to poor mental health but still collected vintage decks. He wasn't very internet aware so no forums or things like that which is a shame I think he would have loved it!

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2017, 02:59:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Vice President/Director of Club Forum, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi. No he wasn't a member as far as I am aware. He was a member of the EPCS and when his health was OK went to their meetings occasionally. He stopped producing cards in the nineties due to poor mental health but still collected vintage decks. He wasn't very internet aware so no forums or things like that which is a shame I think he would have loved it!

If you think the forum's great, you should see the 52 Plus Joker Club's annual convention!  This October, we're holding it in Erlanger, Kentucky, a suburb of Cincinnati.  The city's claim to fame in the playing card world is that it's the headquarters of the United States Playing Card Company (USPC), who have kindly agreed to offer attendees a factory tour - it's sure to be a major highlight of the convention weekend.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Services for Hire

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »

Miss G

• Newcomer
Sounds great. Maybe I'll have to check it out one day